The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spyro (all)

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah the game does get cheesy at times. It’s quite predictable, the characters repeat animations in-game, and there isn’t that much depth to the characters. No surprises or anything. The game itself is not very complex. The plot is very simple and straight forward.
This quote is what may keep me from spending $69.99 for this game. If it was at least, $49.99 I'd probably try it out. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of this game. Then again, I worked hard for my money so I would expect a bit more. I don't think I would be able to resell the product either. Video games are expensive toys.

If you’re looking for a deep, more complicated game, skip this title. But if you want a game to play for fun and enjoy yourself, then try this game out.
Apparently, this game is for adults whom would like to play Skylanders with their kids. I may try this game out, but I'm afraid I might become bored of it.

How long is the gameplay and How much would it cost to complete the game 100%?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If you're still paying $70 for it, then something isn't right. I got a starter pack for my younger cousin and it was 49.99. A 3 pack of figures is about $30 and a single figure cost $13. Those were the prices I paid for mine when they were first released. The prices may have gone down for the older packs. The starter pack comes with Spyro (magic), Trigger Happy (tech), and Gill Grunt (water). You will need 5 more characters withe elements air, fire, earth, life, and undead to complete the game 100%.If you can buy it somewhere it's cheaper, you would probably spend around $80-90. Again, I'm not too sure about the prices for the figures as I bought mine when they were first released.
The game length is dependant on how much you like to explore in the game. It could be several hours. Of course, they also have adventure packs that come with an exclusive character, a toy that unlocks a new location , and two magic items. There are 4 of those. So I guess gameplay length can also depend on if you're convinced after playing whether or not it's worth it to extend the initial play through.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
My brother got me Skylanders starter pack for $60. It may depend on where you get it at.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All my Skylanders items came from Amazon. I would not recommend buying any figures there now because most are being sold by 3rd party sellers who are overcharging. I think my money was well-spent on this game. I feel like a child, praising a game meant for children . :lol:

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Feb 22 2012 on  04:16 PM
If you're still paying $70 for it, then something isn't right. I got a starter pack for my younger cousin and it was 49.99. A 3 pack of figures is about $30 and a single figure cost $13. Those were the prices I paid for mine when they were first released. The prices may have gone down for the older packs. The starter pack comes with Spyro (magic), Trigger Happy (tech), and Gill Grunt (water). You will need 5 more characters withe elements air, fire, earth, life, and undead to complete the game 100%.If you can buy it somewhere it's cheaper, you would probably spend around $80-90. Again, I'm not too sure about the prices for the figures as I bought mine when they were first released.
The game length is dependant on how much you like to explore in the game. It could be several hours. Of course, they also have adventure packs that come with an exclusive character, a toy that unlocks a new location , and two magic items. There are 4 of those. So I guess gameplay length can also depend on if you're convinced after playing whether or not it's worth it to extend the initial play through.
Yeesh! I think I'll wait until the prices go down. Hopefully, Activision won't pull the plug on this game by the time I try it. Besides, I would be spending a fortune just to complete this game.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Disregarding the last post I made on this topic, I've recently been playing the Legend of Spyro games to see if I could finally get into the series and I've actually been enjoying them quite a bit. So I was pretty surprised when I learned that Spyro fans hate the Legend series.

For anyone who's been a long time Spyro fan, can you please explain to me why these games are so hated? They're not the greatest games I've ever played but I don't think they're even half as bad as the fans say they are. Yeah, they're deeply flawed games but I don't think the flaws are bad enough that they break the games. The only real complaint I've really heard in regards to the series is that they're too different from the original series.  Well, just remember, it could have been worse. You guys could have gotten Spyro the Dragon: Nuts and Bolts.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it was a different direction than the original series
 more fighting, magic and action based. spyro was unique coimpard to hhim being one of many in the original games..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
My brother bought me Skylanders Giants for my birthday. I played it and beat it sometime last week. I was impressed with it. It was better than the original, in my opinion.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Having replayed some of the spyro reignited games, they did a great job redoing everything from the original ganmes, and set the stage nicely for future games.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: