The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spyro games

Spyro · 13 · 1538

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Okay so don't know how many people on here have ever played the Spyro games but anyway, in my opinion the classics were the best Spyro the Dragon, Spyro the Dragon 2 Gateway to Glimmer, and Spyor the Dragon Year of the Dragon, my fav of the 3 was the 2nd one but really the third tied with the 2nd for me.

So do you like the Classic frist three of them or the new 3?

Also A Hero's Tail was good for me

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I like the new three best. I know a lot of old fans don't. I played the first two as well. To each his own I guess...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With tht Singin Name I knew this was goibg to be a topic. My first spyro game I played was the Horrible Enter The Dragonfly. I've also played A Hero's Tail, and the Legend Trilogy. I've never played the originakl trilogy so all I can go on is the games I've played. The last Legend game was quite disappointing, the acting was bad, and the plot very predictable. hopefully the next game will be better..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I played all of them. My favorite is still " Spyro the Dragon " . The LoS Trilogy is good too, but after a while is this whole fighting stuff and strong linear Gameplay a bit boring.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Gameplay wise the original 3 Spyros were the best, but in terms of good story I thought the first 2 LoS games were decent. Haven't played the last one.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I think the Playstation trilogy was the best then the Hero's Tail.

The worst was Enter the Dragonfly. Please do not release what seemed like a beta version to the public.

I don't like the look of the new trilogy nor do I like the intense focus on combat.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes the fighting does get repetitive by the storyline was good up until Dawn of the Dragon
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And after that Nick?
I haven't played any Spyro games but I did inform myself via youtube about the storyline of the recent trilogy not too long ago. One thing I noticed is that apparently they never really explained what exactly it was that Spyro did at the end of eternal night (never mentioned before that he could conjure up some christal which entombed him, Cynder, and Sparx at the end of the story and they never explained what he did to save the world once it was all messed up at the end of Dawn of the Dragons either. Deus ex machina... or rather Deux ex draconis?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
at the end of Eternal nIght he used his ability to stop time to freeze them in a crystal, and save thier lives. it is not explained what he does at the end of dotd
- which is another plothole-m but basicallt he reforms the planet, and brings it back togetrher. that wasn't explainwed, nor did they have an learning part of the game. the chronicler just shows up and says ' here are your four powers spyro, and here are 4 for you as well cynder
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
at the end of Eternal nIght he used his ability to stop time to freeze them in a crystal,
But why does stopping of time create a crystal?
Another thing that confused me, but may be deliberately left to the player's decision is the question whether or not Cynder was still working on behalf of the dark master in "Eternal Night" or not. If I got that youtube video right he claims that she did at the end of "Dawn of the Dragon" and she does not really contradict but claims not to know anymore.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes, he claims she was working for him, but she didn't show any signs of it during the game. perhaps while she was captured by gaul she made an agreement to go back to serving malefor in exchange for sparing her life.then he claims that there were many other purple dragons, he and spyro weren't the only ones/ that simplkly raises further questions that really cannot be answered.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My favorite Spyro game is Year of the Dragon.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/JD_Fan_Forum/index.php?showuser=1
I personally can't stand TLoS. What made the originals so great was that they didn't go the obvious Tolkien route, instead going for storybook fantasy (and beyond, in 2 and 3)