The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars RP

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh noes!  Not... FRIDAY THE 13TH~~~!!! UN dun DUN~~!!!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Better look out for an undead looking person wearing a hockey mask and carrying a machete.   :!

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Uh, exactly what time point is this? Would the new Jedi order already be established at this point?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought it was around the early point of episode 6, or before episode 6 starts.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think it's set right at the beginning of Episode IV, so it's before the New Jedi Order.  It's focused on a group of Jedi/ex-Jedi who are involved in their own stories.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Nuts, I'm going to have to craft a new backstory for my guy then.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, no biggie.  Ya got plenty of time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can pm Belmont maybe and talk with him that way if you 2 don't want to talk on this discussion thread.  Up to both of you.

I wonder how hard it'll be to work our different characters into the rp.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It is set after IV and V and takes place during VI and eventually after.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yep. I'm going to have to change my backstory, then.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoops.  Didn't realize that timeframe.  Well, hopefully both of mine still work fine.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Alright, in light of the timeline, here's my updated bio for my OC.

Name: Issac Redgate
Species: Bothan
Force Sensitive: Yes
Homeworld: Bothan homeworld (Bothawui)
Weapon: Red lightsaber. Utilitzes the same form of synthetic crystals that Sith use. Miscleaneous weapons, including explosives and various 'tricks' he himself designed.
Appearance: Fairly normal looking Bothan: 5'9", green eyes, looks younger than his age would suggest.

Bio:
Issac is a Jedi Knight who's largely worked on the fringe of the Jedi Order, causing him to be labeled as close to or as a 'Grey Jedi'. When he was a padawan, Issac was a slack rule follower with an outgoing sense of justice. He didn't believe in finding a middle ground-- he believed that cause didn't matter as long as good prevailed. He would do things like use blasters, tell lies (within reason), and cheat in fights. His master approved of this behavior, and fostered it. Issac saw his master had the same ideas that he did: he could solve issues no other Jedi could because he was more willing to bend the rules, and as such he saw his master as the perfect Jedi to strive to be.

After a series of events, Issac's master turned to the dark side. Issac, confused, followed his master at first. After witnessing his first act as a sith, however, and saw what horrible consequences his idea of peacekeeping could bring if corrupted, Issac immediately regretted his decision. When Jedi Knights came to arrest them. Issac immediately surrendered, wanting to repent for falling to the dark side; his master did not. His master was a battle master and quickly overwhelmed the Jedi who had come to arrest him through a dirty trick. Seeing his Master fallen so far from the man he had respected, Issac challenged him, figuring his own petchant for 'pragmatic fighting' was the only thing that could stand up to his master. One of the defeated Jedi lent him his lightsaber, and Issac dueled. While his master fought with rage, he fought with a sense of reptance for both himself and his master. He won through a clever (and highly un-jedi like) trick, but his master took his own life rather than let himself be arrested by the Jedi.
Heartbroken, Issac quietly surrendered, taking the broken pieces of his master's sith saber as a memento. Instead of taking him to the Jedi holding areas, they took him directly to the Jedi Council.
An argument was made by the Jedi who had seen him fight that, while Issac had agreed to follow his master into the Dark side, he never committed any crimes or violated any area of justice to ever label him a Sith. Other council members said that regardless of his honorable actions, his methods have been a spit in the face of Jedi codes of honor, and he should be stripped of his Jedi rank in any case.

It ultimately went to Master Yoda to decide his fate. Exactly what happened between the two as Yoda reviewed Issac is unclear, as neither has spoken of it, but Issac was ultimately allowed to keep his rank. But he was different man: he saw his Jedi way as a brand he willingly burned himself with, but at the same time he didn't forget all the problems he was able to solve that other jedi could not. He believed it wasn't his destiny to be a 'true' Jedi, but to use his ways to help the Jedi Order maintain peace where it was unable to. He found that the synthetic crystal in his master's old lightsaber was still intact. Determined, Issac reforged it to use as his new lightsaber, making him one of the few willing Jedi to use a Sith styled red light saber with a synthetic crystal. The sabers red glow would serve him as an eternal reminder how close he walked to the dark side of the force.

When order 66 came, Issac was off on a solo mission. By happy chance, he was on this mission against the Jedi Order's instructions: he was supposed to be overseeing a space transport of refugees from one planet to another along with several other Jedi. The transport was destroyed, and he was marked off as 'deceased' by the turned clone army. Issac didn't immediately understand what just happened because he was in a remote area of the Outer Rim. He did feel a painful disturbance in the flow of the Force, but he didn't think it was anything other than the results of a particularly awful battle in some far off corner of the galaxy. He did his buisness on the planet he intended to help, and then made a course for the nearest planet with a spaceport for maintainance: Tatooine. It was there that Issac learned of Order 66. Horrified, Issac fled to the most unusal place one could flee to in his situation: Coursant. Because he was Grey Jedi, he displayed neither a strong sensation of the dark or light sides of the force, allowing him to pass by the heavily guarded streets undetected. As the years of the empire went on, Issac never stopped being a Jedi. While keeping a low profile, he helped tidy up one of the outlying cities crimes. Confident that he was indeed able to operate stealthily, he began to visit other planets to help their local problems as well: Issac was still, ironically, allowed to act as a Jedi. He was careful not to let his presence be known, and on the occasions that there were people who saw him use a lightsaber, he simply bought, bullied, and blackmailed the onlookers to keep their lips shut.

Now 46 years old, Issac has begun to take interest in the sudden string of victories of the rebel alliance. He's also gotten a strange, bitter longing that he never felt the likes of which before: the desire for a student.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So excited for this to kick off!

Also, I updated Lia's info, and I have decided to take up 4-LOM and Zuckuss as characters, too.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the RP thread is up and you guys are free to make your posts.

It begins.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As much as I hate to say it...no, you may not..

From what have seen of your previous activity, you have a...reputation of sidetracking RPs, I do not intend that to happen for this one.

Sorry.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
come on, Please give me a chance, One chance is all I ask for.