The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Fanfic

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am planning my very own fanfic. It is based off of a cross between the Inheritance Trilogy and the Land Before Time. I'll put up the prologue once I am finished with it.

Legal Disclaimer: All people, places, or things in this story are either property of Christopher Paolini or Universal Studios. Except my ideas, which do not appear in either anything by Universal or Christopher Paolini. All legal rights reserved. This is not for profit. This is for entertainment.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Riders Before The Pact

Prologue: Birth of A Chance

Night permeated the forest with its ethereal tendrils. The lights of Ellesmera shielded the city from darkness. The air was peaceful, belying the drama unfolding inside the city. Argana was curled up in her hollow, but she was tense. Something pained her, but what the pain was was an enigma. She was a dragon of massive proportions, with silver scales that seemed to mirror her surroundings. Beside her was a large tree with a door at the base of the trunk.
     Vylon entered the hollow through the door. He looked joyous, as though his dearest wish had come true. He was an elf, with deep blue eyes and dark brown hair that fell down to the bottom of his pointed ears. He was tall, thin, and moved with grace that ran strong in his blood. When he spoke, his voice sounded musical, as though he could have broken into song at any second.
     "How much longer?" he asked Argana, his voice perfectly controlled to show no emotion.
     "Not much longer. I hope that the new Riders will be strong enough to defeat the king if Eragon fails." Her mouth had not opened at all, and only Vylon could hear her in his mind.
     "They will have to be. Should we inform Queen Islanzadi and Ajihad of this?
     "It is necessary. However, you should plan on what to do with them before they are informed. It would be unwise to have these put in a position where they are able to be stolen."
     "Agreed. I doubt that the Riders of these dragons are either of the Varden or the elves."
     Argana pondered this statement. It seemed very unlikely that she would ever understand Vylon's logic. Suddenly, she tensed. Spasms rocked her body, and Vylon decided to leave her alone for a while. As he left, he said to her, "I shall be at the library. There is something I need to check."

"It is over. The eggs are laid," said Argana to Vylon.
     Vylon had been checking up on ancient spells and sources of magic. His idea was confirmed. It was possible. Now all he had to do was find a way.
     "I'll be there in a minute. I just need to check one more thing." He hurried to put the scrolls back up on the shelves. He was in one of the older sections of the library. Then he walked to a shelf near the door. He was looking for one scroll in particular. It was on a simple spell, but Vylon knew that it held the answer to his most pondered question. How could he find the Riders destined for these eggs?
     As he checked the scroll on scrying, he noticed that there was a special section for scrying objects in the past. It had mentioned that there was only one requirement for scrying the past; an item that was linked to the target at one point. This was it, though Vylon. This is what I need!
     As he rushed to Argana, he stopped at Rh¸non's forge. He would need tools for forging swords, and Rh¸non had exactly what he needed.

Argana was still in her hollow when Vylon returned, carrying a bundle that seemed rather heavy for its size.
     "What do you need that for?" asked Argana.
     "We need to leave for Beirland as soon as possible." Vylon seemed overjoyed by something.
     "What about the eggs? They need to be enchanted before they become immune."
     "I'll get right on that. I will tell you why after I am done."
     Thus began the long process of enchanting the eggs. When Vylon was done, he was worn out. He knew he would need to rest before they could depart for Beirland. Before he left, however, he would inform Argana of his discovery.
     "Firstly, I have found a way of finding the Riders through the annals of time. In the scroll on scrying, it states clearly that the only requirement is an item linked with the target. The eggs are linked to their destined Riders, so now we just have to reach the Riders-to-be. Which I think I have figured out how to do as well. I noticed in the older section of the library that there exists a spell for moving through time, but the only way that it was possible is to find a huge source of magic. The problem is that there are only three places that we can go. The bogs of Aroughs, Mani's Cave in the Beor Mountains, and Eoam.
     "I have absolutely no idea where Mani's Cave is, and Aroughs is in the Empire. So we have to travel to Eoam. Once there, I can use the magic of the Floating Crystal to transport you and me through time. I think I should have some method of returning before we actually go through time. I have found a spell to increase the limit of the spell's reach, so that you and I can go back. But we must leave soon. I will right a message to Islanzadi informing her about our plan. In the meantime, I want to have a look at those who I will be training personally."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Littlefoot was sleeping. He had had a hard day. The trek to Saurus Rock had tired him greatly. "At least I have something to look forward to tomorrow," he thought to himself, remembering that tomorrow was the day. "I finally get to see my dad again."
     They had heard that Littlefoot's father's herd was arriving from a Fast Runner that arrived the previous morning. Littlefoot was excited as ever. He wanted to see if he could see his dad from Saurus Rock, so he took the day to travel to the towering rock structure. His trip was in vain, though, because the herd was still unseen.
     As Littlefoot fell asleep, he began to feel a curiosity enter his mind, even though nothing was new around him. When Littlefoot finally fell asleep, the usual sleep stories danced around inside his head. Then, just before he awoke, a new image came in front of the usual pictures. This one was as clear as day, and depicted a giant flying creature, of which he did not know, with a different creature on its back. The smaller creature seemed to look directly at Littlefoot, smiled and said, "Sleep well. I shall see you in the future." What did the creature mean? Who was that creature? Was it even real?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A crossover between Eragon and LBT.  The characters seem well written and the glimpse of the plot written well.  It should prove an interesting story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
thank you for the compliment. :DD

PS. I will be adding the story one chapter at a time.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is the news on my short story. I will be adding a new post like this one for each week.
  • 11-24-07 -- Chapter one coming along slowly. Not a lot of time on computer. Speed will pick up now that I am on my computer more often.
  • 11-25-07 -- Chapter one picking up speed. Almost at section where setting shifts from Vylon to Great Valley.
  • 11-26-07 -- Haven't started chapter two. Will let everyone know about it when it has started. I'm still brainstorming.
  • 11-27-07 -- Still haven't started chapter two. I wasn't on my computer enough. I was on my dad's computer, which doesn't have the file on it.
  • 11-28-07 -- Still haven't started. I'm into too many RPGs. I will work on it over the weekend, though.
  • 11-29-07 -- Finally started Chapter Two. Will work hard on it over week-end, unless my lab report takes up most of the weekend.
  • 11-30-07 -- Didn't get any work done on it today. I had a doctor's appointment.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No need to hurry, some things are best if not rushed, thanks for the update though.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter One: Preparation

Argana flew into the hollow late next morning. Vylon was waiting for her.
   "Do you have what I asked for, Argana?" said Vylon. "It will be necessary for our journey."
   "I have exactly what you asked for. Six diamonds, along with the tools necessary to shape them. Why do you need them?" asked Argana.
   "They are part of a puzzle for my pupils. They must be shaped in the correct way it to work."
   Then Vylon entered the tree. When he returned, there was an ornate leather saddle in his hands. On it was a depiction of a vine that snaked all around the saddle.
   "Why not the other saddle? We will need speed, not comfort." Commented Argana after seeing the saddle.
   "I can't find the other saddle. Anyways, we need this saddle because of its compartments." Replied Vylon.
   After this, Vylon began packing the saddle in silence. There was something about the elf that wasn't quite right. He was hiding something, and she was going to find out what.
   "Who are the pupils? I feel that I should know who they are as well." Said Argana.
   Vylon kept quiet. He knew better than to, but something was holding his tongue. It seemed as though he was withholding a terrible truth that would devastate Argana if she knew.
   "What is the matter? Did you find them or not? Or are they unfit in your eyes for you to teach?" asked Argana mockingly.
   "Give me a minute. I shall show you." Said Vylon after a long pause.
   Vylon entered the tree. When he returned, he was holding the eggs and a bowl of water. He set the bowl on the ground in front of Argana. He then picked up one of the eggs. The next words had an ethereal tone to them. They were, "Draumr kopa." The surface turned black, and then an image appeared on the water.
   On it was that of a creature with an elongated neck, like that of a dragon. The creature had red eyes, and the body was mainly tan, but with a dark brown line going down its back. Vylon let the image disappear, then grabbed a different egg. He spoke the words again, and this time a orange-yellow creature appeared on it. It had a single white horn at the tip of its snout, and a crown at the top of its head. Vylon again picked up a different egg, and this time, a light green creature appeared. It stood on two legs, unlike the other two, which stood on four legs. The head had a duck bill on it, and had a dark green line running down its back. The fourth creature had leathery wings, a beak, and was brown. It seemed very small relative to the four-legged creatures, but similar to the other two-legged creature in size. The fifth creature was green, and seemed to have a small set of plates protruding from its back. The end of the tail had a very small set of spikes.
   Argana looked in disbelief. She could not contain her emotions.
   "They aren't even human! How can they be destined to be Dragon Riders if they are not in the pact!" she exclaimed with anger.
   "It seems as though I made a mistake, but I didn't. I found a way around this problem, as well. There is a certain spell that allows one to change their outer appearance. They can become elves on the outside, and that is all I need for them to fit the spell's requirements," replied Vylon calmingly. "They seem to know each other very well, which will make our job much easier. I will not have to get them to meet, and then get them to work as one unit."
   "I want to know who they are as people. Let us hear what they are saying." Said Argana.
   "As you wish." Said Vylon. He picked up all five of the eggs. He then intoned the words to hear what was being scried.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Cera was sitting down. Her legs were tired from running around all day.
   "Why must we keep running? Why not just sit down and talk?" she asked in a tired voice.
   The rest of the gang decided that they should rest. They had been running to the valley's mouth to meet Littlefoot's dad. They had been running since dawn.
   They sat in silence. The only sound was their panting. When Ducky had caught her breath, she said, "I know. Let us talk about our sleep stories!"
   "I had this really weird one last night. There was this tall thing on the back of a long neck with wings. The tall thing said, 'Sleep well. I shall see you in the future.' " Said Cera.
   "I had the exact same one!" exclaimed Littlefoot.
   "I did too!" said Ducky.
   "Me have same sleep story!" said Petrie excitedly.
   "What about you Spike? Did you have that sleep story?" asked Littlefoot. Spike nodded.
   "I wonder who that thing was? Was it even real?" asked Littlefoot.
   "Don't ask us," responded Cera. "We are just as confused as you are!"
   "Can we get back to running? We will have to be home before bedtime!" exclaimed Littlefoot.
   "Oh, all right. But if the herd is not there we are heading home." Said Cera.
   The group continued running to the valley entrance. None of them suspected that they were being watched.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting development, I look forward to reading the rest, though I didn't like the 2nd book in the Eragon series.  Doesn't matter for your stories though I'd guess.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
  • 12-01-07 -- Little progress. I have a Sweet 16 to go to, and a huge load of school work. In all my accelerated courses. Pre-Calc, AP Chem, and AP Stats!
  • 12-02-07 -- Again, little progress. I have a lab to write, which is due tomorrow, and statistical work to accomplish.
  • 12-03-07 -- See the second.
  • 12-04-07 -- See the second.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope all those complicated courses go well for you.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a lot of complicated stuff.  Hope it all goes well for you.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
News Flash - This story will be put on a hiatus until I can find the time to work on it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No hurry, best to get more important things done first.  The story you can always get around to later.  Be sure to write down notes, if your the type of writer who does, and not to loose them.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finally got back to writing it again.

1-3-08: started to work on it again. Chapter two will be up soon.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter Two: Departure

"We must leave today, Argana." Said Vylon impatiently.
   "Why? We still must finish packing." She replied.
   "I am already packed. I moved the steel into the saddle last night. The tools are also ready. I even prepared gems for the trip." Vylon retorted flatly. He picked up the saddle, which, by the way he handled it, seemed rather heavy. He strapped it around Argana's neck, around the area where her spikes formed a gap at is base.
   "What about the queen? She must be informed." Argana commented.
   "I took care of that last night as well. She believes it is for the best. By the way, I also took out the scrolls that we will need and copied their contents. We will need the spells." Vylon commented as he climbed up onto the saddle.
   "I wonder how Ajihad will handle the news of our departure." Argana said. She spread her massive wings, which were many times her body length. She thrust the massive wings down, and she took off. She quickly ascended above the trees. With each beat of her wings, the trees seemed to sway. She then angled herself south, and towards the Hadarac Desert.
   "Now we take flight. Our destination, Beirland!" exclaimed Vylon with excitement. Argana shared his excitement, and began moving towards the edge of the forest. The trees seemed to rush past as she flew. Her speed was incredible. Within two hours, they were nearing the edge of the forest. At the edge, they saw the desert. It seemed to fuse with the sky when the dragon reached the edge of the desert. Instead of flying straight through the desert, they angled west, towards the western edge of the vast desert. It would be suicide to fly through the desert. They would stay near the edge, where the weather is more bearable.

The hours slowly melded into days as Argana and Vylon crossed leagues upon leagues towards the Beor Mountains. The behemoths came in view very soon, and when the foothills of the mountains were reached, they angled west towards Surda. They crossed Surda without any alarm. They landed at the first town they encountered and told them to send messengers to other towns in Argana's path not to panic when Argana passes over. They gave the messengers a week before they took off again, in order to make sure that the messages reached the towns ahead.
   They reached the sea in three days, after resting at Aberon, Surda's capital. King Orrin was very generous, and gave Vylon and Argana the supplies that they needed in order to make it to Beirland without much discomfort. When they landed, the people in the town of Eoam began to panic, as though the king had come to obliterate the island. When the villagers were calmed, Vylon advanced to the cave where the Floating Crystals rested. As he entered the cave, he sensed magic that was far stronger than his.
   Argana entered the cave soon afterward. Vylon rushed over to her and he took out the five eggs, a thick scroll, and a set of candles. He aligned the candles to form a pentagon around Argana and himself, then he lit the candle simultaneously with magic. He then opened the scroll, and began reading the spell. It was a long and complicated spell, and it took an hour to recite the entire spell. Vylon had then reached for the crystal's magic while simultaneously pulling another into the pentagon. As the crystal entered the pentagon, the flames from each candle then shot above the pentagon and collided right above the center of the pentagon. Then the flame descended onto the entire group, without burning anything. As the final flames went out, Vylon and Argana began feeling a weird sensation, as though they were being pulled through solid rock that had suddenly become liquid.
   The sensation lasted for a long time, and then, when it stopped, they found themselves with one of the crystals standing on a large stone tower that overlooked the entrance to a large valley.
   "We are here. We shall now have to plan on how to introduce ourselves." Vylon said, with a wicked grin on his face and a brilliant idea going through his mind.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I wonder what their plan is for the Great Valley? This is going to be interesting! Please update soon!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very well written and a good stopping place also.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I might decide to break up their introduction into six chapters.

• One for a task for Littlefoot
  • A task for Ducky
  • A task for Spike
  • A task for Cera
  • A task for Petrie
  • The culmination of their tasks and the arrival of Vylon