The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

This is the franchise that never dies!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone here was more shocked with the latest news from Aria about the fact that LBT would continue both as a TV series and film series.  You all know what I said as soon as the announcement of the TV series was announced--its the end of the line.

But is it?

LBT has been a real franchise since 1994 and has in consecutive years shown that its a strong franchise that isn't dying anytime soon as I had previously thought it would.  The only other animated shows that I can think that show no signs of going away and have been going since the 90s are the Simpsons (since 1992), and Pokemon (since 1994 for the games and has had an annual tv show since 1998).  Is LBT trying to go as long as these two have been around as another animation niche that will just go on for the forseeable future?

This is the franchise that never dies!  Really!   :o

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, "The Simpsons" have been on the air since the late 80s.

Well, as much as the recent sequels have been disappointing, I hope the series continues in the hopes of new sequels being made (the first thing to do, though, is it get Grovenor out of the franchise, before he kills it).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
the first thing to do, though, is it get Grovenor out of the franchise, before he kills it
:unsure:  You think he would? I prefer Roy Alan Smith's sequels over most of Charles Grosvenors, due mainly too the laters exaggerated effects, but what is your concern about him?
One of the questions of conscience we all have to ask ourselves is would we want LBT to continue in any case, even if it means a decrease of quality? Or would we in that case prefer an end to it?
Luckily they have still room so they can come up with some good stories so there need not be a decrease in the movies quality.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"The Secret of Saurus Rock", "The Big Freeze", and "The Stone of Cold Fire" are my concerns with him. In my opinion, those are the worse in the series, and only #5 and #9 turned out truly watchable under his care. #10, while I do like it, could have been better handled, by a lot, and #11 was merely "just okay", as well. Roy Allen Smith was much more respectful of the world that Bluth and co. created.

If we were filmmakers, I'm positive that the more abled people of this chatroom would be the best thing to happen to this series in a long, long time.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oops...about the Simpsons goof...I just knew they had been on for a very long run, and usually there's a story about how the voice actors signed on for another season...almost as if the last season would be it, but then they announce another.

I think Malte has a good point--how long do we want it to continue...in the path that its going?  Don't all good things usually come to an end anyway--including television series that eventually just grow stale and run out of ideas?  Like I said, I remember the last time I saw an article about the Simpsons was because the cast signed on again to return, but fifteen years (consecutive years I might add) is a long stretch for a tv show.  How much longer will they keep making new episodes of that show?  The same will be asked of Universal--are you going to run out of ideas or popularity before your will to fund another LBT project falters?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think Malte has a good point--how long do we want it to continue...in the path that its going? Don't all good things usually come to an end anyway--including television series that eventually just grow stale and run out of ideas?
I don't want myself be misunderstood. I did NOT say that the land before time is already decreasing; at least not to a degree that would make me seriously consider putting an end to it would be the preferable option. Granted, I wouldn't want them to come up with another movie that contradicts earlier movies the way LBT 10 did and granted, LBT 11 was not one I love the way I love most of the others. However, many will disagree with me about LBT 10, LBT 11 was better than some earlier sequels, and LBT 9 (a movie which I really love) was not produced in the days of ancient Rome either. We ought not talk ourselves into a gloomy mood. There are so many good stories left to be told; I repeat GOOD stories; that cheers and optimism would be more adequate a mood for us!  :DD