The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

littlefoots best singing voice

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
what do you think of littlefoots singing voice? lbt 4 or 5 I beleave it was 5 yeah it was 5 he sounds good in my opinion (he's goin to vagas baby yeah :D )

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, that's a tough one.  What I do have to say, is that I did Not like his singing voice in LBT 11 very much :lol

It's really a toss-up, as the others were all reasonably good.  This is in my biased opinion, as I have always preferred Littlefoot's voice from LBT 2 - 4.  I must also say that I liked his singing voice in this range of films (Kids Like Us, anyone? B) )

His voice in Always There is very nice, and suits the song beautifully.  His voice also worked for Lone Dinosaur, though I have to wonder if Littlefoot's voice from LBT 2 - 4 would have done a better job of Lone Dinosaur, as he had a stronger voice, generally.  The softer songs, including When You're On Your Own were done quite well by Littlefoot's singer in LBT 6.  For the most part, he is very good as well.

Littlefoot's singing in LBT 9 and 10 was also very well-done :)  Adventuring was done very effectively, and No One Wants To Be Alone was very sentimental and flowing.  I loved Littlefoot's LBT 9 voice for this song.

Overall, I don't really have a strong preference for the singing aspect, though for actual character voices, I miss both Littlefoot's and Cera's voices from LBT 2 - 4.  They were still my favorites when it comes to voice acting.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
LBT 11 thats the first time I ever herd grandpa sing he's good singer he should sing more often :D .

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Kenneth Mars (Littlefoot's Grandpa) can sing, but I sure wasn't happy with his performance in LBT 11.

I know the question was about Littlefoot, but I thought I'd add that tidbit.  As for Littlefoot, the earlier ones were better (2-4 specifically).  Listen to him in 5--he sounds like he has a cold, and the later ones have him singing too high.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
and the later ones have him singing too high.
You beat me to it :p

The problem in "If Only" in LBT 11 wasn't so much the singers, but the song itself.  The composer of the song should have been aware of the ranges of the singers.  The song was clearly written too high-pitched for both Littlefoot and Grandpa, and this would have been an easy fix.  Instead, both characters had to stretch their range a fair bit, which I felt was unnecessary.

The idea of having a duet with Littlefoot and his Grandpa, however, was interesting.  I liked it, but the song just wasn't in the correct range for its singers.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love Little Foot's singing voice period. But given the options 4 or 5 I would have too say I enjoyed his singing a bit more in five.

Fluppy

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I liked his singing voice from 2-4.  I also agree with Action, I loved Cera's actor from 1-4.  Maybe it was because she was the first, but she was really good.  She captured the essence of Cera.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't have much of an answer for this topic. Littlefoot is definately in my top five favorite singers. I also like Ruby, Chomper from the series, Ducky, and Ali, but back to the topic. Littlefoot is a wonderful singer; any song that captures his voice alone, even for a bit is a special pleasure. I will give my three most favorite voices of Littlefoot, from fourth to first. I'm not saying any Littlefoot does a better job than another one, I just enjoy listening to these four the most when it comes to his singing.

4. Anthony Skillman- XIII and the series
Favorite work- How Do You Know?- XIII

3. Thomas Dekker- V-IX
Favorite work- No One Has to be Alone- IX

2. Alex Medlock- X
Favorite work- Adventuring- X

1. Scott McAfee- II-IV
Favorite work- It Takes All Sorts- IV

Littlefoot is quite gifted in song. I could easily see him in a Great Valley choir.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think Scott Mcaffe did a pretty good job in LBT II- IV

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that Scott Mcafee was his best voice actor. Even if the song isn't particularly remarkable, Kids Like Us is a good example of his great voice acting for Littlefoot along with Peaceful Valley. It's a shame he did only three films. My second favorite would be Felix Avitia because I really liked his job in Today's the Day and (whatever you think about the song) Hot and Stinky. None of Littlefoot's voice actors are bad but these two are the ones I think fit him best. Actually, I think it's sad that Always There has the worst performance by Littlefoot in any song.   :(petrie Luckily Dekker improved later on.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
My first favorite is Scott McAfee; I still think he did the best while singing Kids Like Us. My second favorite is Thomas Dekker during the song Always There; and finally, my third favorite is Felix Avitia when he sang Today's The Day and Hot and Stinky.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
My honest unwanted opinion: the best singing Littlefoot's voice is... man from LBT1. Because characters didn't THANKS SUBGOD sing any songs there.  :angel
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The question about the relevance of the songs is a conversation for another day but I think it's rather interesting to compare the voice actors. As for Always There, Dekker manages to stay in the melody rather well and puts a lot of emotion into his singing but his voice seems too high for me. But, as I said, I don't have anything against any of Littlefoot's performance there but I cannot help but think how much better Littlefoot's part there would be if Scott Mcafee had done it.