The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lilo and Stitch franchise

oogaboo · 13 · 1595

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Remember the First film back in 2002? Remember how they heavily promoted the movie? After going back into my movie drawer and watching it again I almost forgot how good the movie was. I found it interesting that this movie along with The Princess and The Frog were the only traditionally animated films released in the 2000's that made their money and received critical praise. Winnie The Pooh could have made its money but unfortunately Harry Potter made sure that didn't happen.

The other spin-off/sequel movies like Stitch! the movie and Lilo and Stitch2 were movies I was not impressed since the continuity was pretty confusing. Speaking of continuity, I'll talk about that in my thoughts on the TV series. To me they were just typical direct-to-video sequels that were obligatory than fun. Leroy and Stitch on the other hand was better than the previous films but was still missing the magic of the original film. It was also the last film that would feature the Lilo and Stitch franchise.

I loved the TV series years ago. I never got the chance to watch all of them at the time but thankfully certain video sources fixed that problem. Good amount of humor, crossovers with Recess, Proud Family, and Kim Possible, and decent morals. Now the Japanese adaptation of the Li-oh I'm sorry-Stitch! TV show is a bit confusing to me.
From what I learned from this show is that in the English dub Lilo is a grown woman whom left Stitch because of her boyfriend and the setting takes place off the coast of Japan. But originally its suppose to be an alternate universe that doesn't coexist with the Lilo and Stitch arc. :unsure: Do all English dubbed Japanese shows have this problem?

I've watched the Stitch! TV shows but I still prefer the true version of this franchise. A lot of these episodes are generally weak and lack a great deal of action. Not only that, the experiments don't appear as much as they should and Lilo doesn't make an appearance until the 23rd episode of the third season. Right now Stitch! is very popular in Japan but not as much in the Americas or European countries.

What do you think of the Lilo and Stitch franchise?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've see all three movies and the TV show The movies where good. The first one was very good. The sequel's where okay not great.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i liked the movie and liked the fact he had so many cousins.. in the series
 of course at some point you;d run out of room to send the cousinbs so a few of them ended up living with stitch.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I watched the T.V. Show sometimes and I thought it was a pretty decent show. It was somewhat good. I liked it more than the Land Before Time T.V. Series.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've only seen the 1st movie and some of the TV episodes

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Did you like the T.V. Show better than The Land Before Time T.V. Show?

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah, but I'd say LBT was better in my opinion

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have to disagree right there. I thought the Lilo and Sytich T.V Show was a lot better in my opinion.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i liked the movie and liked the fact he had so many cousins.
I always wondered why Jumba created 600+ experiments to do evil things. Having that many animals running around on earth and having to catch them all again reminds me of Pokemon. ...Maybe that is why the Stitich! series is so popular in Japan.

I have to disagree right there. I thought the Lilo and Sytich T.V Show was a lot better in my opinion.

I firmly agree with this. The LBT series was just forgettable. Too many forgettable songs, lack of peril, and barely any funny moments. <_<
The Stitch TV series however, was humorous enough for adults, it had interesting plot points, decent morals, and their was always something going on. In other words, it was entertaining. :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what I find rather hilarious about the first movie?

There's a secret agent named "Bubbles" and we are supposed to take him seriously?  Really?

To be honest, I never took him seriously even once.  I was too busy laughing at his chosen code name.

Also, I find Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch to be an underrated sequel.  When you get down to it, it's the darkest out of all the movies involved with this franchise.  Also, don't get me started on the climatic ending.  Just don't.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes I agree oogaboo. The show was very good and it had humor in it for kids and adults. Kinda wish the show was still on.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I saw the first movie on June 30th, 2002, in theaters. And...I didn't really like it.

I watched the TV series when it first came on in 2003 and I liked it for awhile, but after a year and a half, maybe 2, grew out of it. I never saw the other movies.

I saw Doug's review of the original movie last year during "disneycember" and I really have to agree with the points he made about the girl and her sister being more interesting than the alien.

As you may have noticed, I brought up a topic concerning an article I found regarding an airing of the first movie. You can view it here:

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=11617