The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rinkus and Sierra

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Rinkus is probably my favourite character in the whole series

Bruton the Iguanodon

Rinkus is...meh, he's really weird, I even used to think he was a creepy old lady flyer.  :wow  

Sierra is awesome though! :smile I love him, Ichy, Ozzy and Dil!

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I used to think Rinkus was Sierra and he was a girl, and I thought Sierra was Rinkus and he was Rinkus's brother... Until I saw the tail. And then Pterano said Rinkus's name looking at him, and I was like, Oh.  :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, like...how many guys do you know named Sierra? I know none.  :crazy

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Strange as it is, I've really grown to like Sierra a lot more than I used to; I can only imagine why since I have been rping as him on another forum just recently this month. I think Jim Cummings really did an excellent job on voicing him, and I really do like the character design that Universal gave him.

As for Rinkus, meh. Like I've said before, he isn't a real favorite of mine, but I am a fan of Rob Paulsen's voice work, so yeah. I actually know a friend of mine who originally thought that Rinkus was a girl at first just for his voice and appearance.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Rinkus sounds a bit like my cousin. I've always grown fond of him and loved the way he acts.  Some of his quotes are funny and his descriptions.

"...who's watching babble beak..."

And his encounter with Pterano,

(the quote is seen on the first post).

At first, I thought Rinkus was Sierra.  I knew they were both guys, but just the names confused me.

Sierra, never grew too fond of him.  I just like the deep, southern voice pretty much.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Dark Pterano,May 5 2008 on  06:50 AM
Since I'm still new here. I don't know where to put this, but I've thought up a couple of odd yet funny mix n match LBT villain team up duo's?  :lol

1. Sierra & Ozzy

2. Rinkus & Strut
As much as I like both Ozzy and Sierra as characters, I really don't think they'd be cut out as partners, much like the others have said.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I always confused Sierra and Rinkus and sometimes still do :DD

They're enjoyable and dangerous villains. They have some great lines btw  :lol  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really liked these guys, I thought they had much more of a threatening presence than Ozzy/Strut/Ichy/Dil/really any other villain we've seen thus far. And they genuinely worried me. "Holy shoot, how are the Gang gonna get Ducky back?! Pterano, WAKE UP!!!"
It's been said already, but the voices were superb^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
This might come off as a little random, but rewatching the sequel, there's that scene where Pterano is practically begging the comet to bestow its magical gifts towards him, Rinkus calls him a fool, and then I seem to have misheard what Sierra said for the longest time.

I know he says: "Where's your cold fire Pterano? Where's your magic powers?!"

But for some reason I kept hearing: "I wish you got caught on fire Pterano. Where's your magic powers?!"

Like I was thinking Sierra was in his own way saying that if the stone really was a fake, at least Pterano should have been hurt in the process, which is better than not having the stone work at all.

Mind you, that would probably be a very Sierra-ish thing to say, but yeah for some reason that's what I kept hearing. :lol :P:

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Absolutely love those two as villains. They probably might be the most hardcore non-Sharptooth LBT villains to date, in my opinion.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
These two antagonists are interesting, because they seem to be the only overtly villainous green eaters in the series. Or at least they can be interpreted that way – I can’t recall if they ate anything on screen but I assumed any speaking flyer characters were whacked with the “eats green food” stick.

Anyway, they aren’t aligned against the gang because of the necessity of their diet, but out of selfishness and greed. I’ve become a bit of a fan of villains who’re among the protagonists’ own class/species/group. That makes them more threatening and relatable. Rinkus appearing weak and silly while being quite scheming and nasty is an example, as I can picture people like that existing in real life. Sierra can also be deceiving, since I recall encountering other characters like him who’re far more heroic, but then you’d realize how nasty he can go.

I do like the thought of them eventually forming a sort of friendship later on. Like Sierra saves Rinkus and dusts him off, saying losing him would make accomplishing goals more troublesome and Rinkus is uncomfortable but intrigued, knowing what is being implied. I’m fond of the thought of antagonists who’ll never think of joining the side of the protagonists but have genuine connections and loyalty to those among their group.

I kind of wonder how these two fell in with Pterano. Did Pterano persuade them to go with his ambitions? Did Sierra and Rinkus do the persuading? Were they the only ones Pterano could find that would agree to go along with his plans? However it happened, it would probably influence what might happen if the pair ever bump into Pterano again. Those two will probably know just what to say to get under his skin and the conflict can be delicious.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They where okay characters I didn't mind them to much. They where not to annoying to me. As sequel villains go they where fine I did like the fact one was voiced by Jim Cummings that's very cool. I did like there schemes they pulled and I also liked how they turned there on there leader. So they where good villains for this movie.