The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alien: Isolation

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

This is old news by now but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Has anyone played through, or at least attempted to play, Alien: Isolation? I've only just managed to finish the main campaign and I've got to say, it was a ride well worth taking. I did run a brief stream of me playing the now notorious "Medical Bay Area" of the game and much to the hilarity of the people watching, and guiding me with the odd tip or two when I got lost, I think it was enjoyed.

Given the general concensus of... that other Aliens game... I have to say this is a game that I found most enjoyable when it was punishing me for not thinking things through. The number of times I got NOM'd by the alien was embarrassing but the tension created by sulking around praying that this sodding thing won't suddenly 180 on you as you sneaking past the door it had just entered was palpable. And knowing that the alien was programmed to be "unpredictable" brought me NO comfort whatsoever! (I doubt it was meant to but still...). I have to say that this has been the first game in a long time that has genuinely snagged and withheld my attention unlike so many others that seem more like fleeting fancies. I wanna do some more streams on this, despite having finished the game, because I loved the creepy atmosphere and the tension the game created.

But, anyway, I ramble. Has anyone else had the gaul to give this one a go? Let's here your stories here...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
This game was amazing :D

I think my best moment was during the level just after the hospital, when I was creeping around and I heard the alien stomping about. He was about to come around the corner and I didn't have anything to hide behind or under, so I sprinted for a nearby vent. I climbed in, thinking I was safe... and the alien suddenly lunged into the vent, dragged me out and killed me :p Definitely one of the most shocked I've ever been in a game  :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm a stickly miser who won't buy games until they're under 15 dollars (literally waited over a year for the new Tomb Raider to go on sale for that price) but I'm very, very interested in playing this once the hype (and price) have died down.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I LOVED this game, too. This is the "Alien" game I've been waiting for. The feeling of, well... isolation, the near complete helplessness, and the atmosphere were all PERFECT. The plot was good, too, and even explained why the signal wasn't still going by the time of "Aliens".
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I get startled really easily so I might not play this game. Though from what I've seen, it does look good. I did find a video game store near me, so maybe I'll go there and rent it sometime.