The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zoo & Rollercoaster Tycoon

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does anybody still here play Zoo & Rollercoaster Tycoon?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've had the game for years though I've never installed or played it before. :p I have TONS of PC games but I've only installed 1 or 2 of them.  I'm not a gaming person.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I did play both games but haven't done so in ages. With economic simulations and me it is kind of a love-hate relationship. I really love building things up and usually do so with a clear concept behind what I do. But for some reason I also seem to have the eerie talent to run down every business in any economy simulation in a matter of short time :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh I loved playing those! My mom, brothers and I totally beat rollercoaster tycoon one and all the expansion packages :D

As for zoo tycoon.... I guess I usually kind of cheat there since I find it hard to start a whole park with the money you get as a starter. I had both the water and dinosaur expansion pack though, they're fun too :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've played the demos of both games quite a few times.  Never the full game though.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Zoo Tycoon was my crack when I was younger!  I loved the game, haven't played it in a long, long time though.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection. My brother got it for me for Christmas. I sometimes still play it.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-2 plus some expansions lying around somewhere!
Used to play those games alot some years ago, was great fun!
Loved to create my own Six Flags in the middle of some deep forest! :D
Such games are great tools to unleash your hidden creativity!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A friend of mine used to create an aim out of flowers in roller coaster tycoon and then tried to hit that aim with a roller coaster which he derailed on purpose...
Those here who enjoyed the "privilege" of seeing and hearing me on the roller coaster in Lisberg's can confirm that I behaved very much as if this is what I would expect in reality as well :p

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 30 2009 on  03:56 PM
A friend of mine used to create an aim out of flowers in roller coaster tycoon and then tried to hit that aim with a roller coaster which he derailed on purpose...
Those here who enjoyed the "privilege" of seeing and hearing me on the roller coaster in Lisberg's can confirm that I behaved very much as if this is what I would expect in reality as well :p
Malte, did I mention to you that this very Roller Coaster we were on together with you, was invloved in an accident in 2006?
On of the chains broke when a train was on its way up the hill. It rolled backwards and crashed into the car behind it. Nobody was badly injured though.
Just some little peice of intel for you.  :lol
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, I used to love Rollercoaster Tycoon. I lost it though. Never played Zoo Tycoon, though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Malte, did I mention to you that this very Roller Coaster we were on together with you, was invloved in an accident in 2006?
On of the chains broke when a train was on its way up the hill. It rolled backwards and crashed into the car behind it. Nobody was badly injured though.
Just some little peice of intel for you. :lol
BƒSTARD!!!!!* :o

* Don't worry, this is an insider from our journey. If anyone wants to see a face of serious distress though one only has to take a look of the pictures Gus took of himself and me while that roller coaster was going up. He was all smiles while my face spelled "somebody get me out of here!!!" :unsure:  :D

:lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to do silly things in the demo to rollercoaster tycoon.  Stuff like like free food, but the bathrooms cost $1.50 each.  chaining rides together so to get to a certain one you had to go through other rides.  Silly stuff maybe,but that was a while ago and the game would last only a short time then reset so i thought why not.   The zoo Tycoon demo I just did the usual normal stuff, nothing silly really.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For Zoo Tycoon, I've only played the demo once, and that was a few years ago.

For Roller Coaster Tycoon, I've played all three versions and the expansion packs to all three of them (I still have them laying around somewhere). I always enjoyed playing that game as a kid. Now that I would have a better idea of how to properly play it, I would like to get back to playing it, but I doubt I would have the time to do so.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls