The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Flyers...Beyond" Discussion thread

Jrd89 · 194 · 24528

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hi, I made a discussion thread for "Flyers Of The Mysterious Beyond"

This thread is for any topics or comments for "Flyers Of The Mysterious Beyond" So, if you have something to say..please post it here rather than in the actual story thread.. ok?  :yes  This will make things much easier.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Coolness! Let's get the party started!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Ah, excellent, the discussion thread is up and running.

Just a heads up to all other participants, of my incoming characters, only 1 is actually a flyer. The other 2 are a surprise, hee hee!

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No updates to the story since April 29th? What a bummer...We need an update... What's keeping Redtooth and Bushwacked?

Luke just asked Pterano to introduce himself and us to Artie...And then I added a line...and told Pterano that I agreed with Luke...

I wonder what's keeping redtooth..I'd love to see an update..

(I'm still wondering if I should fart right when I meet Artie... (I'd get all shy and bashful meeting a cute, pretty flyer like Artie)

I could stutter .. and then I could let loose a fart (a softer, high-pitched, squeaky one..  :DD  ) accidentally..  

I'd blush bright red... and chuckle nervously..hoping that Artie wouldn't be offended and not like me...

and someone could call me something like a "stinky long-tail" or funnier yet...a "stinky beak"....

(I think that would really reveal my character to Artie..I may be a rhamphorhynchus who farts uncontrollably..but i'm really friendly, kind, and very nice to be around, and mean no harm...)

Allicloud:I like your character idea. Ok, 1 is a flyer and the other 2 are a surprise. ;)

Trulyfantasticme:I hope the farting doesn't gross you out ..I just think it'd be really funny. (I'll only do it once every now and then..you know..) I promise not to overdo it...because when you over-do a joke.. it gets really old. and it isn't funny anymore... <_<

So, i'll only fart occassionally, ok? It's just for fun, and I think it's really funny! :D

But, anyways..in summary..the story really could use an update...Nobody's posted anything new since April 29th..

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Ya know, if Redtooth and Bushwacked don't update, ya want me to do the Pterano,  Rinkus and Sierra part? Cuz youre right. That story desperately needs an update. And I'd be more than happy to! If that's all right with Redtooth and Bushwacked of course.  :smile

BTW, could i bring Devon and Petrie in? I would love to use them.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ok, everyone, there's a change in the cast. (I posted a short cast change note in the story thread, so that there's no confusion) Trulyfantasticme has officially replaced Redtooth101 as Pterano, Rinkus, and Sierra..and now controls them, as well as Artie!  

(In other words, she now has control of ALL the characters except for 2...Jared (me, Jrd89), and Luke (bushwacked)
Now with trulyfantasticme being a HUGE, deep, hard-core Pterano fan, she's SURE to make this story really fun and exciting!

YES!! PLEASE put in Devon. I REALLY want to meet him. I hope he doesn't mind being friends with me, a happy, friendly rhamphorhynchus.. who farts and can't help it. :lol
(let's meet Artie first. I hope we'll be able to fit Artie...and Devon into the cave *if he wants to stay with us*) :DD  

You could bring Petrie into the story, too if you want to. Wow! Flyers EVERYWHERE!  :wow  :D This is Fantastic!!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Yeah, I'd be okay with you taking over the parts, truelyfantasticme. I think it's your turn to post then  :D
It'd be a shame to lose Redtooth from the story though, maybe he can play a part that doesn't need to feature that much if he's busy at the moment?

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Jrd89, would it be possible for me to get involved in this RP? I just sort of want to ease myself into RPing here, as I'm doing some pretty major stuff at my site, and I think I'd like one that's just more relaxed and open.

Since you're lacking RPers, could I possibly take on Rinkus? He's my second favorite from Pterano's group, and I know that trulyfantasticme is currently RPing as him, so it's really both of your calls. If not, I can just bring in an OC.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ok, everyone. Pterano (the user) is now playing Rinkus and Sierra in place of trulyfantasticme.

Trulyfantasticme is now just playing Pterano (the flyer) and Artie.

Just wanted everyone to know about the change.  ;)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hey Jrd89 would it be alright if I joined this RP as well. I've been having an RP block, and maybe joining a new RP might fix that. I of course have my own OC to play as and if there are any characters that need to be taken I'll be happy to play them as well.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Attention Everyone!!

I'm thinking of doing a sort of "group photo" fanart for this rp. Just a picture of all the character gathered together. I just need to know the following from everyone concerning all their characters:

Name:
Species: (preferably the proper scientific name, such as Pteranodon, Rhamphorynchus, etc.)
Colour scheme: (as detailed as possible, if you please)
Any other details: (such as scars, deformities, eyebags, markings, etc)
General personality:

I'll get the ball rolling-

Name: Tero
Species: Pteranodon
Colour scheme: Greyish brown, with a tan belly and inner wings. Yellow beak and neck-ring, flesh-coloured neck, yellowing claws, green eyes.
Any other details: Heavy shadows around the eyes, twisted and scarred left leg, black weeds and grass tied to crest and leg.
General personality: Cold, silent, emotionless

Name: Redback
Species: Spinosaurus
Colour scheme: Crimson body, with orange belly and black crown and back of neck. Yellow sail and claws, black streaks at base of sail, red eyes.
Any other details: Blackened claw marks on belly, shadows around eyes, enormous upper canines that stick out of mouth, black weeds draped copiously on sail, head, tied round legs and arms
General Personality: Fierce and sometimes scary, but generally kind at heart.

I only need the details for own characters, but if you are playing a character already in the Land Before Time universe (such as Pterano, Rinkus and Sierra), say so, so I know who to group them with.

Thanks a bunch in advance!!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Luke
Species: Rhamphorynchus
Colour scheme: Green, light green belly and inner wings, light brown beak, white neck   ring, dark brown eyes, white claws
Other details: Skinny, dark eyebags, 'kink' in tail
Personality: Friendly, prone to over-reacting, can back-stab his friends if it amuses him.

Good luck with the picture! I'm anxious to see what it'll look like when you've finished :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Name: Jared
Age: Teenage (even though i'm 21, let's say i'm teenage in the story)
Species: Rhamphorhynchus
Colour Scheme: Tan, soft sandy-colored belly and inner wings, light brown beak, white neck ring, blue eyes, white claws
Other details: Skinny, dark eyebags, (remember, like Rinkus, Luke and I both should have a stripe on the center of our beaks)
Personality: Very friendly, shy, kind, and caring. Sometimes he'll get nervous and scared in uncertain situations, but nonetheless, he still cares for all his friends, and will do anything to help them out. :D  

Good luck with the picture. I can't wait to see it! :yes

Btw, for more reference, here are two links to 2 "flyer" fan drawings, I'm the one with the blue eyes.:

http://nintendoofah64.deviantart.com/art/F...eyond-195022428

I have a fatter belly in this fan drawing from flipperboidskua: (make my belly fat, like Rinkus's.  :) )
http://flipperboidskua.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3656o6

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, I don't have a fat belly, 'cause I'm meant to be bad at catching food  :(
But, yeah, I forgot about the stripe on the beak.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm playing Rinkus and Sierra :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oops. Sorry, bushwacked. Since you're bad at catching food in the story, it totally makes sense.

Allicloud: So remember, Luke doesn't have a fat belly, but Rinkus and I do. ;)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,May 24 2011 on  01:22 AM
Oops. Sorry, bushwacked. Since you're bad at catching food in the story, it totally makes sense.

Allicloud: So remember, Luke doesn't have a fat belly, but Rinkus and I do. ;)
No problem. I did a little bit of character design last night for some of you guys, and so far so good.

I just need to wait for some more detailed descriptions of Artie, Devon and that little Archaeopteryx kid.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Name: Devon
Species: Cearadactylus
Any other details: Scratch mark from Sierra on his right eye. Oh yes, I forgot! *slaps herself* Black on the outside, night sky blue on the inside, and purple neck ring.
General personality: He used to be just like his father (Sierra) until he met Pterano. At first, he hated Pterano's guts for leaving his father alone to die and plotted to get revenge on him. But as he got to know him, he grew to like him, then he grows to love and care for him as a father. He also learns a valuable lesson. "Sometimes your enemies can actually become your best friend, if you give them a chance." Pterano too learns a valuable lesson. There is one point in the universe that's above all planets, stars etc, and that point...is not him. :lol
That's all I can give ya now folks. But I'll explain more either later today or tomorrow.

Name: Artie
Species:  Pteranodon
Colour scheme: Dark blue on the outside, bright blue on the inside. She looks kinda like Devon, except she's a Pteranodon
Any other details: purple-ish eyes
General personality: She's very nice and very tough when it comes to her friends. *like Pterano*

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: trulyfantasticme,May 24 2011 on  09:07 AM
Name: Devon
Species: Cearadactylus
Any other details: Scratch mark from Sierra on his right eye
General personality: He used to be just like his father (Sierra) until he met Pterano. At first, he hated Pterano's guts for leaving his father alone to die and plotted to get revenge on him. But as he got to know him, he grew to like him, then he grows to love and care for him as a father.
That's all I can give ya now folks. But I'll explain more either later today or tomorrow.
What about colour scheme? Or is that somehow important to the story?