The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 130961

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
East Timor (or Timor-Leste) - A small country in Southeastern Asia and the first new independent nation of the 21st century after a long struggle against Indonesian occupation. East Timor has nine major indigenous languages and it's the only Christian country in Asia in addition to the Philippines, Armenia and Georgia. The capital is called Dili and it is located on the northern coast of the country.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:05:39 PM by Sovereign »

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rio Rancho - A city of approximatley 95,000 people located in the southwestern United States in the state of New Mexico. It's a suburb of Albuquerque (the state's largest city) and is itself the third largest city in New Mexico, behind Las Cruces and Albuquerque. Its nickname is "The City of Vision". It has a very high population of people in witness relocation.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:33:21 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oulunkyl‰ (consider the last letter A) - A neighborhood in northern Helsinki, the Finnish capital. Largely a rural area until the early 20th century, today Oulunkyl‰ is home to over 22 thousand people. It borders the Central Park of Helsinki which is a large woodland and recreational area spreading towards the Vantaa river which forms part of the boundary between Helsinki and a neighboring city which holds the same name as the river.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:02:26 PM by Sovereign »

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Actually, I decided to accept the challenge of that last letter.)

ƒtran - A river in Sweden that is 240 km long, has a drainage basin area of 3343 km sq, and drains southwest into the sea of Kattegat.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nicosia - The capital of Cyprus. Located in the central parts of the island, on the Mesaoria plain, the city is cut in half between the areas governed by the separatist Turkish state and the recognized Cypriot government. Ever since the fall of the Berlin Wall, Nicosia is the last shared capital in the world.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aurora - a city of approximately 325,000 people located in the state of Colorado in the United States. It is the third most populous city in Colorado, behind Colorado Springs and Denver, the latter of which Aurora is a suburb of. It spans three counties, with most of the city lying within Arapahoe and Adams counties, and a small portion in Douglas county. It made headlines a few years ago when there was a mass shooting in a movie theater there.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Albany - Capital of the state of New York. Founded by the Dutch in 1614 as Fort Nassau and later as Fort Orange, when the British took control of the colony in 1664, it was renamed after the Duke of Albany (later Kings James II of England). Officially chartered as a city in 1686 (the oldest continuous such charter in the United States), it became the state capital in 1797. It was a major center of trade in the 18th and 19th centuries due to its location at the north end of the navigable part of the Hudson River and on the eastern terminus of the Erie Canal that connected to the Great Lakes.

- Berix

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yangon (formerly Rangoon) - The largest city and former capital of Myanmar. Yangon has managed to preserve most of the old colonial architecture of the British era but around the well-preserved central parts of the city opens many impoverished areas with limited infrastructure. It is also a major Buddhist center and a home to Shwedagon Pagoda which is believed to house many relics from the founding fathers of the religion. Its name meaning End of Strife, Yangon lost its capital status to newly built Naypyidaw in 2005.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Niue - a small island in the South Pacific that is a freely-associated state of New Zealand. It was first settled by Samoans around 900 AD, and it was later settled by people from Tonga in the 1500s. Now it boasts a population of approximately 1600, along with its own language, which 40% of the island's population speaks exclusively. It also has its own currency, but it primarily uses the New Zealand dollar. James Cook, the first European to try and land there in 1774, named it "Savage Island", which endured for several centuries before the island's traditional name (Niue) started to be used again.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:14:12 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I already used Niue on the last page. :D

Edinburgh of the Seven Seas - The only hamlet on the British-administered island of Tristan de Cunha. Home to less than 300 people, Edinburgh is the most remote permanently inhabited place in the world with the nearest other village being located on Saint Helena, more than 2,100 km away. The surrounding archipelago is home to Gough and Inaccessible islands which were proclaimed World Heritage Sites in 1995 due to their importance for rare bird species. Tristan de Cunha is only accessible by ships from South Africa which have very irregular timetables as the islands don't have an airport of their own.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign on Feb 14 2018, 05:11:39 AM
I already used Niue on the last page. :D
Sorry. I forgot you'd done it, and I wanted to take a little break from doing places in New Mexico and Colorado.

Salida - a town of approximately 5200 people located in southern Colorado along the Arkansas river. Its name is the Spanish word for "exit". It is the county seat and most populous city for Chaffee County.

I actually will be going through that town tomorrow :p :SmugSpike

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arunachal Pradesh - A state of India located in the far northeastern parts of the country. Located on the foothills of the Himalayas, Arunachal has been greatly commended for its natural beauty and named as the Paradise of the Botanists. China claims most of the state as South Tibet and it a focus of one of the two major territorial disputes between the two countries, the other area being called Aksai Chin near Kashmir. Arunachal's capital is called Itanagar and the state population is about 1,4 m people, the third lowest in the country.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hilo - With a population of 43,263, it is the largest settlement (it's not officially a city) on the big island of Hawaii, and county seat of Hawaii county. Located on the eastern coast of the island, this area has been inhabited since at least 1100 AD, when the Polynesian settlers arrived at the Hawaiian islands. According to oral history, the name means "to twist". It's location in a somewhat funnel-shaped bay also makes it vulnerable to tsunamis, with particularly destructive ones that occurred in 1946 and 1960, and there is even a museum focused on tsunamis, the only one of its kind in the state.

- Berix

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
O'ahu - an island located in the Hawaiian archipelago. It is the most populous and third largest of the Hawaiian islands. It is also home to the state capital, Honolulu.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:27:44 AM by Littlefoot505 »

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
United Kingdom - A country in Europe that consists of four "countries": England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland; with the first three consisting of the entire island of Great Britain. England conquered Wales in the late 13th century, England and Scotland joined to form the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707, then all of Ireland was also joined to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Much of Ireland later became independent in 1922, with the northern portion of the island remaining part of the country, leading to its current full name of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:21:36 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Mykolaiv is a city in southern Ukraine, the administrative center of the Mykolaiv Oblast.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vermont - A state in the United States of America. It has an area of 9,616 sq mi (4,923 sq km) (ranked 45th of 50) and a total population of 624,594 (ranked 49th of 50). It was admitted as a state on March 4, 1791, the 14th state to join the union, making it the first one after the original thirteen colonies. Prior to that, as a result of land disputes between the neighboring colonies of New York and New Hampshire, it was an independent republic from 1777 until its admission into the United States in 1791.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:01:52 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The Touraine District (District 10) is a municipal district in the city of Gatineau, Quebec. The district was known as Riverains from 2002 to 2009.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Texas - A state in the United States of America, second largest in both area (268,596 sq mi) and population (29,183,290). It was admitted as a state on December 29, 1845, the 28th state to join the union. Prior to that, it had been part of Mexico before breaking away to become an independent republic in 1836.

- Berix