The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Footage

Stitch · 6 · 2616

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey

I was just surfing Wikipedia, and I think I found confirmation of new scenes in the theatrical re-release (this was copied from the first film's article)

New voices in new footage:

Nick Price ... Littlefoot (voice)
Anndi McAfee ... Cera (voice)
Aria Noelle Curzon ... Ducky (voice) (some new scenes)
Dakota Fanning ... Ducky (voice) (some new scenes)
Jeff Bennett ... Petrie (voice)
Rob Paulsen ... Spike (voice)

What do you think they added?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If there is indeed a version to be released with new footage (remember it is Wikipedia) I wonder why they should put two more Ducky voices in (making three altogether in one movie). The eight minutes that were cut from the movie already had the sound recorded and I don't see why they would change the sound of finished scenes (the much the more scenes voiced by poor Judith Barsi  :cry ).
If there will be footage with new voices it may perhaps contain scenes which are completely new (scenes which may have been planned but never made in 1987/88).
I don't say that there won't be such a new released version, but I shall remain very skeptical until we get information from a more reliable source. Don't you think Aria would have told us if she had ever been asked to speak in scenes to be added to the first movie?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Gotta double up with Malte there! I'm finding it increasingly difficult to take what Wikipedia say seriously. If this were true, details would have come from a much more reliable source. And I can't see the logic in having numerous voices for Ducky's part...doesnt make sense. Why pay for 2 actors to do the same job? Sorry, but Wikipedia dont have my vote at the moment and if rumours like that are gonna keep spreading then I'll probably ignore what that site says altogether.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not buying that either to be honest...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We're more accurate and reliable than Wilkipedia.  :D  If you hear it here at the Gang of Five its usually true.

We ought to make that a slogan or something.  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We have had rumours too ;)
I think it is very likely that these articles at Wikipedia are in fact written by a fan. There are some who may find it hard to differentiate between wishful thinking and reality (I'm not thinking of anyone in particular).