The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where can I find downloads of LBT TV?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You're making a storm in a glass. I have the torrents, they work just fine, they're all .avi. Use real player, divx or whatever, any of them can read them, it's not necessary for you to do anything else.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You're making a storm in a glass. I have the torrents, they work just fine, they're all .avi. Use real player, divx or whatever, any of them can read them, it's not necessary for you to do anything else.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Manny's on dialup, so it'll take.....a week per ep? :rolleyes: As for the best player, it'd have to be VLC.  DVDX is really the best...if you can afford the $80, but VLC is free.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've already remedied the video playing issue, NewOrder. :rolleyes: I've got them working in Windows Media Player just fine.

Now, as landbeforetimelover seems to have failed to noticed in my prior post, I'm in possesion of a broadband internet connection, so I can do this. The problem is that Demonoid has been having issues, so I'm lucky to get any progress at all on my torrents. And some of them don't seem as good as the others. For one, the low quality version of "Canyon of Shiny Stones" off of landbeforetimelover's site seems to be a record off of Canada, but the high-quality version I got was a US record (that isn't as good as the Canada records). A Canada viewer, "MadPsiNtst," has much better high-quality torrents than a US viewer, "HORROR." However, not all of the high-quality episodes, like Canyon of Shiny Stones, are from MadPsiNtst.

I've been downloading these high-quality episodes for something like 2 weeks now, and I have only completed 5 of them.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The way I see it with torrents...get it in the first week or they're dead otherwise.  You might be out of luck since these episodes are pretty old in torrent-land now.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Demonoid has been having some *cough* legal issues *cough* with the authoritay. The tracker is going off and on. I'm lucky to get any progress on any of my open torrents throughout the day. They're getting progress, but it's like 100 times worse than dial-up.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The way I see it with torrents...get it in the first week or they're dead otherwise.

Not always true.  The Inuyahsa torrent I downloaded was a hefty 46GB, and it took me almost 2 weeks. :rolleyes: Downloading at like 33kps. :angry: Seeders suck, but it was pretty good on demonoid.  Too bad they're gone, probably for good. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've always wanted to ask this question.

What are seeders and what are leechers?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Leechers, I think, are folks who download but do not upload anything.  Seeds, I think, would be the episodes that are available for download.  If it works like Edonkey then the more folks who have an episode available for others to download the faster the download can be.   Though I've not used edonkey for many many many years and never used any torrent site I assume it may work the same.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
well, technically, when you download, you're called a leecher, but it's commonly used to describe someone who downloads without uploading at least as much as they downloaded. :angry: Just selfish people, only out for themselves.  Seeders are people who are uploading to others and when you create a torrent, you are the first "seeder".  Seeds are people who seed so much (like a 2.0 ratio), that they create a seed.  Now, you can download a file if it has seeds even if it has no peers, but peers are a good thing to have as well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Some ISP's will hound you if they discover that you're seeding torrents.  ^^  Just know your policy before trying.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some ISP's will hound you if they discover that you're seeding torrents.

Haha!  I've gotten tons of threatening legal letters from comcast.  So have a lot of my hacking buddies.  George has gotten 563 since 1997. :lol They don't really care.  They just do it just cuz they have to in order to stay on the right side of the law.  No one really cares.  It's impossible to catch all the torrent users, so they've focused on shutting down the torrent trackers (demonoid as a prime example) :( .  They can't even tell what you're downloading without downloading the file themselves.  They can only tell without downloading on P2P networks such as limewire (which is why limewire is not a safe place).

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Still as slow as mollases on my part, but I get the occasional progress every now and then (I've got a torrent that's been frozen on 97% for the past week). We need to come up with something more permanent than this....

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Nov 22 2007 on  01:43 AM
Still as slow as mollases on my part, but I get the occasional progress every now and then (I've got a torrent that's been frozen on 97% for the past week). We need to come up with something more permanent than this....
Do we?  With dvd releases soon to be (or are already out, I don't remember) there won't be a need for downloaded low quality episodes.  You'll buy if you want them that bad in a high quality format that doesn't hang on 97% complete for weeks.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We need to come up with something more permanent than this....
I tried to for awhile (before you were here) but my website got so much traffic that I couldn't leave it running.  I couldn't handle all the bandwidth usage.  It didn't help that *somebody* (not sure who) linked directly to my website on wikipedia, causing my bandwidth usage to explode even more. :p

Anyway, Petrie is right.  Soon, any episode downloads will be un-necessary.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Though I prefer the dvd's, as I'm sure most do.  If the series and movies continue there will be a need, to some at least, to see the LBT stuff before it is on dvd.  Also I'd imagine those who do the original music videos prefer downloading the digital format since they themselves do not need to rip it from a dvd, if it is on a dvd at all.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Those DVDs are expensive, but I've been thinking along the same lines as you, Petrie. My hope is that LBT 13 will contain a cupon I can use for "Amazing Adventures," and that that DVD will contain a usable cupon for whatever the newest release is going to be.