The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by DiddyKF1

DiddyKF1 · 51 · 11498

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123 on Apr 10 2018, 01:04:56 AM
Krita is another digital painting software. It's a bit confusing at first glance but it has many features to create really good-looking art :smile

When I bought my graphic tablet, it came with ArtRage Lite which I can also recommend. Simple to use a d still has a decent amount of useful features for painting in particular.
One of these days, I'll probably try those out. :) Thanks for the recommendations!
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I haven't posted any art for months, so I thought I'd make this adorable piece. This was rather challenging for me to do due to my old laptop's mouse problem, but I defied those odds.  :smile
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:12:18 PM by DiddyKF1 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's great to see a new drawing from you after all these months! The pose here is quite sweet and Petrie's expression looks really nice. The atmosphere is excellent but Petrie's head is too big and his arm too thin, I'm afraid. But other than those points, well done with this picture! :yes

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@Sovereign Thanks for the feedback.  :) I did have a bit of a hard time getting it right because everything from the shoulders down was drawn freehand. I'll probably be going back and revising the head size, since that shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm not sure what I can do about his arms, though, other than I was simply going for a cute pose but left room for improvement. I'm glad you liked it, though. Thanks.  :)

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Okay. I decided to take this thing back to Paint.Net and revise Petrie's head so that it doesn't look too big like it did before. Thankfully, it only took me a few minutes to do since I'm very skilled with using layers.  :smile Personally, I think he looks much better already!  :D

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is very beautiful! I really like Petries facial expression.
To be honest, I was a bit amazed as I saw the shadows of Petries legs. It looks very good!
I especially like the treestars! They look so... round. ^^

I don't see any bad thing for me. I think it's well done!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I really like this piece! The shade of sky blue used for the background really gives it this warm sunny glow that makes it appear like we're seeing a scene from the actual Great Valley itself. It's complimented by the cloud cover and the treestars in the foreground as well. :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey it's good to see some more fanart from you. The smaller head size is a much better improvement and huge props for doing this with a mouse.

Hope to see you keep at it! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa, this is really nice! Possibly better than I could do digitally for sure and it's a really sweet scene :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I had wanted to find a picture of Petrie and his mother sharing an emotional bond for some time, but I could never really find one anywhere, so I made my own, based on the "mirror" cave scene from my 2018 fanfic, "The Hurting of Desire." :)petrie

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is very nice, Diddy!  :)littlefoot I love how the background of the scene highlights the emotions of the two flyers as they have a heart-to-heart discussion. Likewise, the proportions of Petrie and Mama Flyer seem spot on, which is something that sometimes was an issue in the television series.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Good work! Amazing and very touching!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This scene is amazing. It's heartwarming to see a sad Petrie getting comfort from his mother. Amazing job!  :)petrie

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nicely done Diddy! The back angle used for Petrie can be tough to get right so good job with that!  :chompysmile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I know it's the ice, but I like the overall cool icy tone this picture has, as it makes Petrie's normally muted brown stand out in contrast to all the blue.

It does draw a lot of inspiration from the LBT12 nest scene, but I also like the opted pose of Mama Flyer pulling Petrie into a hug. The resigned look and Petrie's tear-stricken face sell the moment.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
What a sweet scene, Diddy! I love the minimal use of outlines in your art style, it's just a really smooth, clean look. Great job! :)petrie

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The raw emotion of Petrie as he is mentally breaking down is captured exceptionally! Petrie's Mother is wearing this sad but understanding facial expression which perfectly fits the scene too. Great work, Diddy! Feels like you've improved over the last two years after scrolling through the older posts again, yep yep yep :duckyhappy
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a lovely drawing of Petrie and his mother. It's very emotional. The colors used are very good as well. Keep it up, Diddy! :D

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I got cheeky with my latest livery on Gran Turismo Sport (PS4). :)petrie I thought perhaps I'd post it here since an LBT character is on the car.