The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Salutations!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Yep yep yep, I'm new here! I've only discovered The Land Before Time franchise just recently, and I do wished that I discovered it earlier. I fell in love with the first movie, and I also fell in love with a particular sharptooth.... :OhYou But anyways, I wouldn't be here without my recent discoveries of other shows that have excellent morals and dark themes, such as AOFW and Watership Down. I'm still pretty young as I'm in my first year of high school, and I plan to continue rewatching these through adulthood.  :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF, ImpracticalDino!  :wave
I hope you enjoy your time here!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Yeah, hello and welcome to the dark side Gang of Five!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey there impractical dino! Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a great time here  :rainbowwave

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum! It is always great to see new people join, hope you enjoy your stay!  :rainbowwave

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Welcome to our Great Valley, ImpracticalDino! From what I understand, many of our members had seen LBT way back when they were kids, only to re-discover it years later as adults. It's interesting to have someone who is genuinely discovering it now for the first time.

Have you seen all of the movies?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 03:45:52 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome, much appreciated. :D

Welcome to our Great Valley, ImpracticalDino! From what I understand, many of our members had seen LBT way back when they were kids, only to re-discover it years later as adults. It's interesting to have someone who is genuinely discovering it now for the first time.

Have you seen all of the movies?

Yeah, well better late than never! And no, I haven't seen all the movies yet, but I do plan to later on when I get the chance. Speaking of which, I saw an awesome one day deal on Amazon two days ago on the complete collection of TLBT, and I couldn't let that opportunity slide! A deal that seemed too good to be true, quite frankly. Couldn't you believe it was 72% off and only costed $16.99? At the moment, it's now only $33.96 and 43% off, but still an awesome deal. The original full price is a good deal in itself, and these price reductions make it so much better!

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :rainbowwave I hope that you have a great time here.  :)littlefoot

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, well better late than never! And no, I haven't seen all the movies yet, but I do plan to later on when I get the chance.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. I just meant that it would be interesting to get the perspective of a new fan, contrasting from many of us who've been familiar with the series for a long time.

Which movies have you seen so far? I've actually only seen the first film in my adult years, but my complete collection set came in a few days ago, so I will watch the rest of them soon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:28:06 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, well better late than never! And no, I haven't seen all the movies yet, but I do plan to later on when I get the chance.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. I just meant that it would be interesting to get the perspective of a new fan, unlike many of us who've been familiar with the series for a long time.

Which movies have you seen so far? I've actually only seen the first film in my adult years, but my complete collection set came in a few days ago, so I will watch the rest of them soon.

Don't worry, I knew what you meant. No need to clarify. :) For me personally, I watched the first movie, second, and fifth movie so far. So when I get my complete collection, I'll watch the rest of them slowly over time. Also, I was surprised to see the franchise dating back to 1988, with 14 movies, wow! It's interesting to note though that the 13th and 14th movie is a 9 year gap. Did you thought TLBT concluded during that time frame until the release of the most recent movie?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's hard to say if I ever thought the series had concluded. I knew there were a lot of movies, but I otherwise didn't think about it much, as I wasn't an active LBT fan at the time. It wasn't until just a few months ago when I rewatched the original movie for the first time in over 15 years and I too completely fell in love with it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:01:30 PM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GoF ImpracticalDino!  :rainbowwave

Nothing impractical with you joining though!  :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GoF ImpracticalDino!  :rainbowwave

Nothing impractical with you joining though!  :PCera

Haha thanks, and if you haven't guessed already, I thought of a show I love to watch known as Impractical Jokers on truTV. The first part of my name is inspired by that.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF :^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.