The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'd like to celebrate something

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey!

Today was exactly 1 and a half years after the first time Tim mentioned signs of life in this game.

Quote from: action9000,Feb 14 2008 on  07:59 AM
is there any lifelengths about this project already?

I have about 150 lines coded for this game already, as well as a basic game structure/outline developed. In other words, yes, the basic concept of the game is showing signs of life and I have a program that doesn't crash, working on my computer...it doesn't do much but I can move around! tongue.gif

Of course, by now we have advanced a lot. Like... Normal computers can actually move as well, and we could remove all the amounts of zeros after the first 0. :p

Everyone did a great job in keeping this project alive! I'd like to thank Tim specifically, for creating the whole thing, of course  ;)

By now we have reached a nice multiplayer game, with some models and a place to run circles in. You can swim, dive, fall of the edge(though that will be removed once the game gets bigger, of course :D ).
You can talk to NPCs and we can even edit that text to translate it to a possible different language!
In the latest version we added sounds just to see how everything works! Of course this will be made prettier later on :)
This game is going the right way! I honestly love it! :D

So, even though the game is not likely to be finished(in the sense of.. A nice great valley to run around in... I guess you'd need trees, rocks, more dinosaurs, more things to say, more 2s graphics for that!) by the end of 2009(prediction of Tim), we're able to play and still enjoy creating the game and I find that honestly very cool.

Thanks, everyone! And a happy 1.5 birthday to you, game!  :birthday  :nyah

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yay! More specifically, yay Tim for all his hard work!

I think it's rather nice for 1.5 years old. I know I wasn't this awesome when I was 1.5 years old. I've played my fair share of online games, and this one definitely has the potential to be the best! May the future hold lots of nice additions to the game, and alot less cubes!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Happy Birthday game! Congrats to everyone who's worked so hard!
For once this cake smilie has the right number of candles (rounded down, of course) :birthday

Grungecat

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Alex,Aug 14 2009 on  02:53 AM
alot less cubes!
But I like Cubedrin. :(

Happy birthday game, and way to go Tim! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Grungecat,Aug 14 2009 on  05:50 PM
alot less cubes!

Not to be all picky... But it's Conedrin  :lol

We have Cubestrong though :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone for the well wishes to our humble little friend. :p :D

While Mumbling is right, we probably won't be able to get a fully functional game by the end of 2009 like I'd hoped but it's all good. :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
happy 1.5 birthday, LBTOnline. I can't wait until this game is complete its the best Online RPG I've played .

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  Has it been a year and a half already?  Geeze time's gone by fast!  I never thought the game would get this far and I sincerely hope it gets finished.  I haven't really been following up on it seeing as I'm not a big game fan (LBT or otherwise), but I've played the most recent version and it's better than the last time I played it.  Though it's a little boring with nothing around and having to go so slow. :p I'm sure it'll get better.  

And sorry I'm unable to offer my assistance on this project.  I'm not much for group projects seeing as I like to go at my own pace and I have such a busy life.  I know pretty much everything about 3D modeling, but I can't do it.  I'm not the best when it comes to the artistic department. :p I'd code but I'm already coding so many other things (LBT Server, several websites, flash, etc.) I don't think I could take on another project.  But best of luck to everyone involved in this.  If my life changes drastically before it's finished and I'm able to have more time (not likely) I might be able to help out with the coding part of it.  But as of now I can't get involved.  Too many other responsibilities.

Grungecat

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 14 2009 on  12:01 PM
Quote from: Grungecat,Aug 14 2009 on  05:50 PM
alot less cubes!

Not to be all picky... But it's Conedrin  :lol

We have Cubestrong though :D
Of course! How could I have mistaken Conedrin's name! :(

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, 1.5 years, even though almost all of that was spent slacking. :p If I had worked on this every day, we'd probably be where we are within a couple of months.  Oh well. :p

I don't really have a way to speed things up, either.  With my job now, I spend most of my days sleeping and my days off waking up late and going to bed early.  I just don't have the free time I did so development will be even slower now.  Yay for night shifts! :p

Speaking of which, I should go to bed now. :p