The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best Movie Villains

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just about any villain played Tim Curry, Alan Rickan, Jeremy Irons, or Boris Karloff.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Most of the Disney villians. What's up with Disney?! Why does the happiest place on earth have the really nasty villians? For example Lady Tremainefrom Cinderella ,Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and last but not least Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll say Biff Tannan from Back To The Future.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spoiler Warning!!!

Here's my newest choice, from a more modern day movie.

Lots o' Hugging Bear (AKA Lotso) from Toy Story 3

Seriously, this is the one you NEVER see coming and he makes a great villain.  His backstory is basically that he was a toy that was replaced, and I mean completely replaced, by his owner by just having one of himself being bought.  As such, he becomes cold-heartened and takes over the daycare that the toys we know from the movies end up in.

He set up the system and so that the toys are played with toddlers. (Trust me, from their perspective, it doesn't look pretty.) Also, when Buzz tries to confront Lotso he actually turns Buzz against the toys, even to the point where Jessie's love for him doesn't help bring him out of it. (*sarcasm* Gee, and that usually works SO well, doesn't it? */sarcasm* (Seriously, a number of fanfiction writers could learn something from this.))

Also, near the end, it actually looks like he is going to help them, but doesn't, despite the fact that they risked their necks to help him.

And even though he gets humiliated at the end, he just makes a great villain.  He's definitely one of the best of 2010. :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Spoilers.

Ash from Alien. He was one of those characters that you would have never thought to be an antagonist, and it shows this in one of the most memorable scenes in cinema.

The terminator from, well, The Terminator. The thought of an indestructible robot being sent back in time to kill is something truly frightening.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,May 28 2009 on  08:46 PM
Lady Tremaine and Claude Frollo. Frollo has to be one of the evilest villians disney has ever come up with.
Dude, Frollo is the most messed up Disney villain ever.  Just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4W0VkoUfM

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Ill add to this with Jafar from Aladdin.

totally ruthless and heartless, and stops at nothing to achieve his own personal goals, at the expense of others. another classic Disney villain :D

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Either Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek, they're both terrifying.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:Hmm:

-Despite the many fan theories about Scar/Taka, I always found him to be quite evil.  After all, telling a cub (Simba) that it's all his fault that his dad (Mufasa) died is pretty wrong.  
-Zira, despite the fact that I don't like the TLK2 I always found Zira to be pretty mental for a villain.  The fact that she is completely and utterly blood thirsty to the extent of wanting Simba dead for crazed reasons that he 'killed' Scar....despite her not being in the TLK in the first place.:p
-Voldemort from HP universe
-Sauron from LOTR
-Horned King from the Black Caulrdon-used to give me nightmares when I was younger and he's still on of the scariest villains that Disney ever came up with.
-Jafar from Aladdin
-Stripe from the Gremlins; fair enough that the movie is so entirely 80's that now it's just funny but getting his Gremlins to rig on old lady's chair lift so it shoots up and out of the house so that she is killed is pretty evil.  
-Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame; it's such a shame that this movie isn't as well known as others.
-Sharptooth from LBT.
-The demon from Death Moutain from Fantasia.:D

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 25 2010 on  09:11 PM
And even though he gets humiliated at the end, he just makes a great villain.  He's definitely one of the best of 2010. :)
In the commentary for the movie, one of the writers said that Lotso's fate was inspired by garbage men who tied toys to the front of the vehicle rather than throwing them away. This act is actually to give the toy some dignity. It's not done to intentionally harm the toy.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And thanks to the following list, I remembered just how evil Judge Doom was.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...lgic-characters

I mean, the guy slowly kills someone by putting them into a sort of acid-like liquid right in front of two officers of the law just to prove a point.  I'm surprised the guy didn't get arrested for murder right then and there.

As for the others on the list.  Disney, really, you've got to get yourself checked.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^agreed

Drago Bludvist from HTTYD2
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I also agree he was a fantastic villain in the movie.