The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New to the Big Screen

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I never said that Wonka was all chum and all that. But Wilder's Wonka is much closer to the Wonka I remember from the book. Depp's just reminds me of a certain rock star who was on trial recently.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Got the exact same feeling. deep's Wonka is not a person you want kids alone with.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, GRandpa Bucket never left him alone with Wonka.  :lol
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm afraid to go see it based on what reviewers have said, but has anyone seen Valiant?  I'm thinking its rental material but maybe its not as bad as I think it is.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually planned to see that sometime...if I didn't have all my classes in the afternoon and night. <_<

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen the Island? The one with Ewan McGreggor in it? To be honest, I was a little thrown by the adverts and previews I saw of it but it has a much more complicated storyline than what the title may let you think. I wont give the plot away for those who may want to see it but if you're into edge-of-your-seat action, then the Island may just float your boat ;)  I recommend it

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, you're right. It wasn't as bad as the previews made it out to be. It was worse, as far as I was concerned. I've seen the horrid film it was a remake of. GRanted, "THe Island" had a better star and gal for it, but it was typical Michael Bay fare. Avoid at all costs.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I've considered Corpse Bride, but its not very long, so I'm wondering if the film is somewhat rushed to keep younger viewer's attention.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard its very good, macarbe but burton's made a career out that stuff. See Edward Scissorhands or the Nightmare Before Christmas. i 've heard that Corpse is similar to Nightmare, almost as if it were  a sequel.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Ah yes, I almost forgot as well that Wallace and Gromit are coming out shortly. :D  Now that looks cool...I admired how Dreamworks did Chicken Run.  So far, early speculation at imdb.com and rottentomatoes.com classify it as a winner.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it last weekend.  It is very funny.  They did a good job on both the main feature and the featurette with the Madagascar penguins.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chicken Little is coming out. I saw some previews when I saw Chocolate Factory, and they were hilarious! :lol:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Wallace and Gromit was awesome. :)  Ever since Chicken Run came out, that claymation style has been unique...and it worked well--especially showing Gromit's expression since he can't talk.  It's all in the eyes.

Perhaps I'll never think about rabbits the same way again.  :lol:  :lol:  Beyond that, the adult humor was obvious, coming from Katz and co.  Good thing the kids didn't pick up on that.

Chicken Little on the other hand, I'm not sure I'm going to want to see.  There was a preview for that film as well before W&G (naturally) and I think its based on really weak one liners.  Usually previews don't tell the whole story, so maybe I'll be surprised.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wallace and Gromit looks awesome! I'm gonna go see it! Also, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride look like a bit of a lark! (That's a good thing btw).

Just a shout out to the Americans, have you guys had Advent Children announced for cinema release yet?! The first trailer said that it was supposed to be Sept 20th (or there abouts) but I heard it's now around early-mid November time. THe pain is that us Brits are due to get it a good few months afterwards and to put it bluntly...I'M FED UP OF WAITING!!!  :angry:  :bang aarrrggghhh!!! :mad  :cry2

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No I haven't heard littlefoot... :unsure:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would advise NOT seeing Doom.

It was basically just a play-out of the video game.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yeah, video games into movies haven't done too well.  <_< I think most would rather take charge in the game, not see a "demo" of someone else's play.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some game-to-movie translations aren't too bad. Resident Evil: Apocalypse what nicely modelled on the Resi games but I have to agree with the majority. Street Fighter: The movie was abismally poor but the Manga was much better! What else have we got to look forward to? Nothing's really jumped at me recently besides Wallace and Gromit and Corpse Bride.  <_<

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe is coming out in December and Harry Potter 4 is coming out next month. those will be 2 I'm looking forward to seeing.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Harry Potter 4 is due out in the UK either this week or next week as far as I know. I never go outta my way to see Harry Potter but once they're out on DVD/video, I dont mind watching it if someone else has got it