The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Think 'Carnivores: Cityscape'

Ratiasu · 65 · 6768

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
NOTICE:
It's way past Monday. The idea has been ditched.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright: My Character's Name is Boris. Borus is  around 6'3, has brown eyes and hair, and is a crack shot with a gun.  Assignied by the government to evacuate the civilians,  hee will find that is not an easy task.. and trying to get everyone out alive will take every bullet he;s got, and a lot of luck...
( Brief intro, but I'll add more later)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  02:46 PM
Alright: My Character's Name is Boris. Borus is  around 6'3, has brown eyes and hair, and is a crack shot with a gun.  Assignied by the government to evacuate the civilians,  hee will find that is not an easy task.. and trying to get everyone out alive will take every bullet he;s got, and a lot of luck...
( Brief intro, but I'll add more later)
What you have is okay so far.

In any case...anyone else? I guess the role-play will start once we get five people signed up.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 26 2006 on  05:36 PM
Can I have a scientist in this RP?
Yeah, they're acceptable...but I'm not quite sure what benefit(s) they'd have...

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Ok.  And one of the rules don't make any sense.  Is there or is there not blood and gore allowed?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 26 2006 on  05:51 PM
Ok.  And one of the rules don't make any sense.  Is there or is there not blood and gore allowed?
Oh, I just saw that. Sorry, I wrote it while it was still pretty early in the morning. Fixed the spelling mistake.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok. Just checking. ^^;

Name: Tanner Colvin (aka Dr. Colvin)

Description:  15 years old.  Thick and dark red hair, gelled and parted down the middle. green eyes.  Standing height of 5'11''.  A former government science experiment on juvenile capabilities.  He is both a Lt. Marine officer and head scientist.  He specializes in Paleontology, Biological research, computer tech, mechanics, astronautical engineering and Space Exploration.  He is often short tempered when he is in a tight situation and is almost never smiles, he is sometimes anti social, but not all the time. He is a total badass and no threat gets in his way.  He knows how to use any gun that's given to him. He is on the way to being promoted to Commanding Officer.  He wears an unbuttoned labcoat with no shirt underneath, blue jeans, and sandals.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So we've got 3 so far. personally I don't go in for excessive blood and gore, So any violence I engage will be restrained. If violence serves the storyline then so be, But violence for violence's sake is poiontlesss imo...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 26 2006 on  09:45 PM
So we've got 3 so far. personally I don't go in for excessive blood and gore, So any violence I engage will be restrained. If violence serves the storyline then so be, But violence for violence's sake is poiontlesss imo...
I didn't expect excessive blood and gore - just a little bit. And I understand about you being restrained and all. But granted, since we have prehistoric creatures of all shapes and sizes running around, there's bound to be a bit of carnage.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Naturally rat.. ... and well... if we can get two more people to join, great.. If not.. I've done rolepalys with three people. In fact I have a rolepalying going with another poster(threehorn), and it just the two of us. The Rp has gone on for nearly 300 pages... :P:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 26 2006 on  10:11 PM
Naturally rat.. ... and well... if we can get two more people to join, great.. If not.. I've done rolepalys with three people. In fact I have a rolepalying going with another poster(threehorn), and it just the two of us. The Rp has gone on for nearly 300 pages... :P:
Holy cow! Really? That's surprising. Well, now that I've re-read what I've written, I've realized that I wrote that when I was really hyped up about role-playing it. But, well, now the hype is gone, so...um...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Reality has set in  :lol:  But yeah, you can rp with one other person, in fact its really quite simple. It's a mmatter of give and take. The story we have made basically goes like this : I'm into magic and fantasy, He's into  Star Trek and other Sci Fi.  Sometimes the combination works, sometimes it doesn't.We try and set boundaries (No omnipotent creatures etc) but basically we just let our imiginations have free reign.  What we do is play off each other, and my inbox is fill of pm where we have hashed out question about characteres in the RP.  If you read from the beginning, you'll probably get lost as every now and then we bring back a character or subplot froim 20 pages previous... But It's worked well for nearly 300 pages, and we're already planning a sequel... :lol:  So if you care to read it .. be sure to read all of it, or as much as you can. Skim if you want...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 27 2006 on  12:29 AM
Reality has set in  :lol:  But yeah, you can rp with one other person, in fact its really quite simple. It's a mmatter of give and take. The story we have made basically goes like this : I'm into magic and fantasy, He's into  Star Trek and other Sci Fi.  Sometimes the combination works, sometimes it doesn't.We try and set boundaries (No omnipotent creatures etc) but basically we just let our imiginations have free reign.  What we do is play off each other, and my inbox is fill of pm where we have hashed out question about characteres in the RP.  If you read from the beginning, you'll probably get lost as every now and then we bring back a character or subplot froim 20 pages previous... But It's worked well for nearly 300 pages, and we're already planning a sequel... :lol:  So if you care to read it .. be sure to read all of it, or as much as you can. Skim if you want...
I'd be delighted to read it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's called "Sowarkard". Remember its a fantasy, so anything goes  :lol:  I warn you, it will take you awhile to read everything.. it's like reading a 300 page book...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 27 2006 on  12:34 AM
It's called "Sowarkard". Remember its a fantasy, so anything goes  :lol:  I warn you, it will take you awhile to read everything.. it's like reading a 300 page book...
That's fine. I have the time.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's the Rp right below this one If you want I can send you a Pm with a (brief) list of the characters involved...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 27 2006 on  12:49 AM
It's the Rp right below this one If you want I can send you a Pm with a (brief) list of the characters involved...
Nah. I think I'll manage without a list.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
YOu may think Threehorn is a good role player.  But believe me, he isn't.  He is extremly selfish when he joins other people's RPGs.  He swooped down and butchered my very first RPG to the point where it was unrecognizable, he changed the appearance of my character without my permission and he took over the story like Hitler took over Europe.  I'm not the only person who's been attacked by Threehorn.  F-14's Star Wars RPGs were also screwed by him as well.  

Whatever you do, don't let him join your RPGs.  EVER!  :angry:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 27 2006 on  12:57 AM
YOu may think Threehorn is a good role player.  But believe me, he is extremly selfish when he joins other people's RPGs.  He swooped down and butchered my very first RPG to the point where it was unrecognizable, he changed the appearance of my character without my permission and he took over the story like Uwe Boll.  I'm not the only person who's been attacked by Threehorn.  F-14's Star Wars RPG was screwed by him as well.
From what I've read so far (I'm currently on page 2 of the Sowarkard topic), I don't think Threehorn is a good role-player. Posts less than a paragraph in length are often the tell-tale sign of a newbie - in the site I usually role-play at, there's three, sometimes four paragraphs a post...or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm used to writing a lot in responce. I dunno.