The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Help Wanted

BlackRaptor1

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I am planning to draw a female Longneck in the future, I need help with deciding a name for her. Can anyone help me with any names?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure! What kind of personality would she have? Anything specific for her looks perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:16:20 AM by Mumbling »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know if I can help directly with coming up with a name as I'm personally terrible on that front, but I can maybe help with the process. Like Mumbling said, knowing about her physical appearance and personality could help with a name. We also know that there seem to be two naming conventions with longnecks, with more traditional names like Ali, Rhett, and Saro, to more descriptive names like Littlefoot, Shorty, and Bron (Star Watcher and Tall Stepper from the Story Speaker stories as well). It also seems possible that childhood names are given and replaced with another name when they reach adulthood, as was the case with Bron being called Littlefoot when he was younger.

Not sure if that helps but hopefully it gets the gears turning a bit! Good luck and it would be great to see the drawing when it is complete!  :)littlefoot

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do not believe the series really had any set parameters on Longneck names.  In fact, only a few of the female longneck characters had a formal name.  So you are probably free to make up a suitable female name.  What I sometimes do in my fanfics is to take a trait of a character and to use a translation of that trait as the character's name.  For example, Somni, is a male longneck name that I used one (a translation of 'sleep' from another language).  But I have seen people use normal female human names as well or to simply use a direct trait name, as I did with the male longneck character "Stomp".  So you have many potential routes you can take with the naming situation.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

BlackRaptor1

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I am planning to draw a female Longneck in the future, I need help with deciding a name for her. Can anyone help me with any names?

Here is what I tell you about this female Longneck. Her physical descriptions at young age she is that of Littlefoot and Ali, except her skin color is light purple. At her young age she is a leader, cares about her friends and family, her friends are close to that of Littlefoot's friends, she even one point met Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Chomper, and Ruby.  She was surprised to see and meet Chomper, but she accepted Chomper for who he is. She likes go on adventures and travel, she and her friends joined up on Littlefoot and his friends adventures.

When she reaches adulthood, her physical descriptions are like that of Littlefoot's Mother, she purple skin gets darker as she ages, she has a few children are kind and gentle as she is, and are the adventure type which makes her worry about the dangers. While she is not super over protective of her child, she still cares about them. She also developed a believe that one day in the future, Both Flattooth and Sharptooth can live together, in peace and harmany. She believes that the Great Valley will be the place where thise believes and dreams become reality. Her and friends still see and talk to each other. She and her friends have found mates and have their own children and family to take care of.

I hope with this information might be able to shed some light into her.

BlackRaptor1

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sure! What kind of personality would she have? Anything specific for her looks perhaps?

I a new topic, same name, but it is updated. You can check it out.

BlackRaptor1

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't know if I can help directly with coming up with a name as I'm personally terrible on that front, but I can maybe help with the process. Like Mumbling said, knowing about her physical appearance and personality could help with a name. We also know that there seem to be two naming conventions with longnecks, with more traditional names like Ali, Rhett, and Saro, to more descriptive names like Littlefoot, Shorty, and Bron (Star Watcher and Tall Stepper from the Story Speaker stories as well). It also seems possible that childhood names are given and replaced with another name when they reach adulthood, as was the case with Bron being called Littlefoot when he was younger.

Not sure if that helps but hopefully it gets the gears turning a bit! Good luck and it would be great to see the drawing when it is complete!  :)littlefoot

I have new topic up, same name but it is updated with new information, that might help out with a name.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have merged the two topics for you. Please post further information as a Reply to this topic (you can do so by clicking the button on the bottom right of the page 'REPLY'. We like to keep all discussions on the same subject in the same topic so that our forum remains tidy. Please refrain from creating a separate topic for more updates.

Now as for the name itself... She sounds like a strong, yet sweet Longneck. How about Anna?

BlackRaptor1

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I have merged the two topics for you. Please post further information as a Reply to this topic (you can do so by clicking the button on the bottom right of the page 'REPLY'. We like to keep all discussions on the same subject in the same topic so that our forum remains tidy. Please refrain from creating a separate topic for more updates.

Now as for the name itself... She sounds like a strong, yet sweet Longneck. How about Anna?

Anna seems fine.