The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Halo: The Battle of New Reach

Raptor · 73 · 7945

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I looked up, and watched as Banshees started to zoom over head. This nearly caused my death. A Brute Chieften swung its Gravity Hammer at me. I only narrowly blocked it with my Plasma Sword. It lifted its Gravity Hammer and swung again. I ducked, and knocked a peice of armour from its body. It roared, and swung again. I slipped around it, and drove the Plasma Sword through its back. It fell dead, and the Krig-Unggoy started to panic. But the other Brutes were still there, now occumpanied by several Kig-Yar. The Hunters were beating anything that attacked to a pulp, and Vera was making use of her feminine form, nimbling dodging plasma and peppering the Brutes with needles.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I was getting nervous that feeling I had simply hadn't gone away...and it was only getting worse. Something bad was going to happen and soon. I would either be prepared or I wouldn't....either way I was going to fight to the very last! I rose from my seat and said "Send several pair of hunters to the hangar...I'll meet them there and prepare to take off!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Vera 'Zenor:

I knocked a Kig-Yar to the ground, then forced my body into its shield. Its body was crushed under its own defense. As another Krig-Unggoy dove for me, I took advantage of my smaller female body and dodged it. Then, I smacked it across the face with my Needler, and its rebreather came off. It gasped for air, and then died. To my suprise, our Unggoy were quiet effeciant, several of them now taking down a Brute Minor. I loaded another Krig-Unggoy with needles, and it exploded. I only just noticed that my shields were delpleted, when the needle sunk into my side. Luckily, it was a glancing blow, and did not go deep. I winced in pain, but pulled it out before it could explode.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just as my Phantom left the hangar almost immediately our dropship was disabled by a wraith mortar and we dropped like a rock out of the sky. As the phantom crashed into the ground I smiled as I heard a Brute Chieftain scream in pain and anguish...it was rather funny. I then activated my plasma sword and shouted "CHARGE!" and me with the seven hunter pairs behind me ran forward into the fight!

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There was a lull in fighting, as most of the Remnant in the immediate area had been killed. Anno walked over to me, and noticed I was bleeding. "Vera! Are you alright?" He ran over to my to look at the wound, which was on the upper part of my right hip. It had torn a hole in my bodysuit, and stabbed almost to the bone, which was still not as deep as the needles could go. "I'm fine, it was just a needle." Anno wrapped his arms around my waist. "If you say so, but that's what you said when you were hit by a fuel rod." Anno said. I smiled. Anno pulled away when he noticed another wave of Remnant approaching. I swung my Needler to the ready.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just as the second wave came into view Uulecc jumped over Anno and Vera with my sword and stabbed the lead Brute in the chest and as he feel I picked up his Brute spiker and fired it at several Krig-Unggoy and they feel quickly to the red hot nails that flew from my gun.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anno lept forward, swinging his Plasma Sword at the second wave of Remnant. I reloaded my Needler, then charged forward. I shot a wave of needles at a Krig-Unggoy, which converged on its head. They exploded moments later, obliterating the small alien's skull. Our own Unggoy charged ahead, shooting down the Krig-Unggoy. I smacked a half-armoured Brute with my Needler, and then dodged a punch from it. I love having a slim, female figure, it makes it so easy to dodge.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This Brute Chieftain took one swing at me and I just stood there and let my shield take the force of the blow before I pointed the Brute spiker at his head and fired every single round into his head...making him look like a light show.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I worked my way to the Brute's back, then stuck a Plasma Grenade to it. With a roar, the Brute flailed around. I got to safe distance, and the grenade exploded, engulfing the Brute in cyan flames. The Remnant forces had succeded in slaying one Hunter, only to be ripped apart by its brother. Several Unggoy lay dead. Suddenly, a Krig-Unggoy fell dead, a Sniper round in its head. A group of human marines appeared over a nearby hill. A rocket blasted through the air and scattered Remnant forces, both living and dead, everywhere.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"YES! Now show these fools the error of their ways!" I shouted as the marines came charging over the hill into the battle "Now Hunters get ready to fire on my command...FIRE!" And all seven pair of Hunters fired their fuel rod cannons at eh advancing Remnant horde.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anno 'Rhcul:

The Remnant's approaching hoard halted as those at the front were torn apart by the blasts of green plasma. The Remnant, making their first wise decision of the day, began to withdraw. "Run, ya bastards!" Shouted one Human. I grinned at this, and added my own taunt. "Wort wort wort!" The humans didn't seem to understand what it meant, but Vera laughed. "They'll be back." Said one human, this on with grey hair. "But those sons of a **** don't expect a Spartan." As if on que, a human encased in green armor with an orange visor stepped forward. "Spartan Chris-087 reporting for duty. Looks like a tornado hit this place." He said. The grey-haired human called to us "Right. With Chris-087's aid, we'll make our way to Alpha base. That is unless your Shipmaster," He pointed to us. "Has other plans."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"So a Demon still exsist...well this changes a few things." I then turned to to Anno and Vera and replied "I'm out of ideas...what do you two think should be done?"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well... heading over to Alpha base sounds like tha best plan right now." I said. Vera added "Plus, we'll be able to pick up any survivors along the way." The grey-haired human nodded. "Right, let's move out. Scattered, but tight formations. Keep your eyes out for survivors." After a few minutes of travel, we found our first survivors. An elderly human male, a young Sangheili female(About Vera's age, which is like 23), a young Sangheili male(like 25, Anno's age), and two young humans, one male, and one female.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As we walked towards Alpha base I began to think about that feeling I had...it hadn't gone away...not fully but it wasn't as strong as before....'perhaps it's just battle fatigue.' I thought to myself...but as I looked up at my carrier Luminous Voyage my thoughts once more turned to that foreboding feeling...and finally out of desperation...I decided to ask the others for their input.

"Do any of you feel this dark uneasy feeling like something bad is going to happen?"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I looked at the shipmaster. "Well... there was a sort of dark feeling ever since I got into the Phantom that took us down here, but I've tried to ignore it." I said. Vera nodded. "I've felt it too." She said. I sighed. "What could this feeling of foreboding mean? This planet is one of our largest strongholds. Why should we feel a darkness here?" Suddenly, a beam of purple energy streaked past my face. It hit the ground, an sizzled. Vera shouted "Snipers!" And the grey-haired human shouted "Find cover!" However, the Spartan did not take cover. He swung his sniper rifle of his back, and took aim at a nearby ridge. He fired, and the was a pained squawk from the ridge.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Nice shot Spartan." I said with a smile  and the word Spartan was defiantly going to take some getting used after calling them demons for so long. But I turned on my active camouflage and ran ahead and used the brute spiker to bring down two more snipers. Just as I was sure they were done I took a direct shot in my arm and i roared in pain.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The final sniper screamed as Chris-087 put a bullet in its head. It rolled down the ridge, its gun sliding along with it. I sighed, and put away my Plasma sword. I walked over to the shipmaster, helped him up, and said "Are you alright?" The grey-haired human yelled "Let's keep moving, watch for survivors and snipers."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Anno pulled me up I nodded to him and said "Thanks. I'm fine." I looked over as the gray haired human shouted his response and I replied "Yes that would be a wise decision for all of us....lets continue!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Only a few more survivors were found. This wasn't good. If there were so few survivors, then the Remnant may have destroyed most of the cities. I grimaced at this thought, as we trekked onwards. Vera walked beside me. No more Remnant forces had been encountered... yet. We were close to Alpha base, where we would formulate the next phase of the plan. Vera looked up at the sky, and noticed that a mixed patrol of Banshees and Hornets had appeared over us, covering the skies. This made the both of us feel more secure. In the distance, we could see Alpha base.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I ran ahead to scout the horizon of Alpha base only to make a unique discovery...my ship had taken a holding position over the base and had a gravity beam in place to move troops and supplies down to the surface. I smiled and told the others..."We've arrived, and we have help waiting for us...let's move on!"