The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The School Bully

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hazel's classroom was down on the of the less used hallways in the school, largely given to him for the fact, silent reading ought to have as few disruptions as possible and he made such a point as such in the interview as the importance of reading.  He looked over his class list again, and which students had lately brought in good books which correllated well with their literary abilities.  Hopper always had done well, and Timothy and Elex had done well, and Ryan tried hard.  Aron while making a good attempt, slacked more often than others.  He would have to speak with that canine and see what exactly he did with his free time, perhaps finding some sort of useful connection which would make him want to read.  He sighed.  His room was nowhere near the morning's skirmish.  As such, Hazel neither noticed it, nor heard about it until it was well over.

Unlike Hazel, Chipper had a room in the middle of the main hallway.  He was not in the room, but rather the smaller office which was directly next to it.  Looking over the day's lesson, the noise outside the door was increasing, as it typically did during the morning hours as the students arrived.  He didn't pay it much leave at first, more concerned with having enough copies of a group project sheet for the students, rather than rambling conversations shared by unconcerning teenagers.  However, the fierce voices and sudden shouting told him this was no friendly chat.

He glanced out the door to see a student wolf, grab the shirt of a deer.  He started off to say something, when one of the math teachers, Mr. Dent got in the way and managed to settle it down.  Chipper watched as the students, including the two directly involved in the skirmish, dispersed to their classes.  The kids could wait a little longer.

"What was that all about?" he asked curiously of the eagle.  "I didn't catch what went on."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Some student decided to harass a couple of younger students. Another student tried to stop the fight, but was unable to. A third student physically stopped the fight." Mr. Dent said.

"I hate the fact that I have math last." Valeron said as he waited for his teacher to arrive.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim walked into the school, she went to her usual area and heard the somewhat distant sounds of something guessing it to be another fight and mentally shrugged to herself.  Likely some other person attempting to boost their ego by asserting their position in the social pecking order as they saw things within the sociological dynamics of the other kids, or acting on their mistaken beliefs that any who are different are dangerous, or more likely a combination of the two factors.  

She went back to mentally going over her notes she had taken the day and few days before as she often did, going over notes and such to keep up with the lessons and making tests very easy whenever they were given out as well as her assignments being easy to complete as well.  She also mentally went over a bit of the reading ahead of where they were in a few classes as she waited till it was time to go to her first class.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Aron and his two assistants made their way through the school licking their wounds.  They'd been completely outnumbered this time, it was as if the school was no longer subject to the rules it was last year.  Teachers interveneing, held back guys protecting the smug eggheaded brats, the world was turning upside down.  He needed to think, and was going to do just that in the only plac he was sure was still the same as it had always been.  The trio slipped out the back of the school and headed into a alley not a half block from the campus, their usual spot to skip classes.

Aron let out a quiet sigh rounding the side of the usual dumpster, the suddenly tensed up, a sneer crossing his face.  They weren't alone, not even here, defiling his private thinking spot was a shrimpy looking freak of a kid with a pouty look on his face and munching a poptart.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hello Mim!" Valeron said to Mim as she passed.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim waved back to Valeron, "Hello, Valeron, how goes?" She said.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hopper walked along, with his Algebra 1 books in hand, he walked by Mim and Valeron and cursed himself...his interest in math and science tended to keep him from having any friends, but he still waved over to mim and Valeron and gave a curious "Good morning!"

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Chipper nodded solemnly.  "Youth these days, are not much different from our times," he said adamently.  He returned to the history office to continue organizing papers.  He didn't have a class at the beginning of the day, so this was his time to make sure everything was in order.  He took a sip of coffee from a travel mug and continued on.

Meanwhile, Hazel did have a first period class to attend to.  The students filtered in slowly.  Hazel watched the clock on the wall.  He was one who would mark a student late if they decided to step in even a second late.  His usual rhetorum of "That's something you need to work on.  You've more than enough time." was heard almost every day, and it was the same culprits every time who moaned two seconds wouldn't matter.

The bell rang at approximately 7:55 and a squirrel scampered in right before the gray fox shut the door on him.  "You have to work on that," he said, shutting it at last.  "You waste a second of my time, I have every right to waste a second of yours."  

Hazel went back to the desk in the middle of the room.  His setup was unique in that the desks were nearly in two semicircles, facing one another, thus ending the monotony of rows and enabling a student to better see the eyes of who was speaking, most of the time.  "Anyone seen Aron this morning?" he asked, looking at his attendance sheet.  "Hopefully he slept in because he decided to stay up late reading," he quipped, followed by a couple of chuckles.

"Anyway, we've been discussing the necessary reason for reading, not only in school but also in our own homes.  Can anyone explain why this is particularly useful throughout the day?"

OOC: if you're a student in Mr. Swift's class you may indeed respond to him.  This is a school setting after all.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Elex raised his hand

"Because reading can teach you so many things, most in which a school is not even necessary!"

Elex smiled pridefully at his response and awaited his appraisal, some students giggled and whispered behind him.

---------

"Who the heck are you?!?" demanded Aron, seeing the stranger behind the dumpsters "And why are you in our zone? Do you want a beating?"

Aron stamped his way up towards the kid with a threatening grmmace on his face and his fist tightly folded

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The boy took another bite of his food, chewing it slowly and glaring at Aron wordlessly.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim kept her tail close to herself as usual.  She made sure her backpack was well balanced on her back and paused on her way to her class to talk briefly with Valeron since she saw she'd have plenty of time to get to her class before the bell rang.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"I demand an answer, boy" growled Aron, and he came closer to the kid ready to throw a swing into his gut

"Why are you on my Turf?"

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Hazel glared at Elex who was not one for joking around, so the sudden response what sort of out of character for him.  Easily handled though, thought the gray fox.

"Indeed, reading can be so beneficial you may feel the unnecessary need for a school, however, let me ask you this, by a show of hands how many of you read for fun?"

He looked around the room at the few hands that went up.

"Ok, how many of you read to actually learn something new?"

More than last time, but still far from the entire class agreed.

"That is exactly why you need a school.  Had each one of you raised your hands for both questions, you would have no need for me, or perhaps a need for any of us in this building."  Hazel paced around the room as he continued.  "As such as that some of you do read for fun and for learning, perhaps school seems to be less exciting because you already know how to learn for yourselves how to handle situations and issues, but as you can see, by the majority vote here, most of you don't know what to do with reading, and how useful it can really be.  That is why I am here, as well as the rest of your teachers.  Through us, we can show you and tell you how to use the information around you to make the best of your life."

Hazel often found it hard to stop once he got started on something, and most students noticed it, as the minutes clicked by.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
As Hopper walked into his math class a hand written note on the board said 'No class today, Teacher out sick!' At first Hopper frowned, but he then looked over and grinned from ear to ear...as he spied an unoccupied computer turned on with the password already typed in! "This is a good day!"

Hopper sat down and proceeded to surf the internet and personal files for any upcoming projects.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Good. And you?" Valeron replied. He also decided to arrive early to his first class, which was the same as Mim's. His backpack was always filled with extra books, but it was lighter than usual on that day.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm doing find thanks.  Nice talking to you but I should be going, don't want to be late" Mim said smiling in a friendly way before heading to her class.  She liked to be early and give herself some time in case something happened.  There was such little time to talk between classes, even less if you went to your locker to get something and the person you were talking to didn't have a nearby locker.

Mim went to her first class, early like usual.  One of the reasons she had a little larger then normal backpack was she needed fewer trips to her locker that way.  She went into the class and sat down and paid attention, taking notes and remaining as quiet and hopefully unnoticed as usual.  She made sure to keep her tail curled about herself and out of other folk's way.

MarcusGalen

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Ryan, who was actually sitting at attention, listening, coughed slightly, and raised his hand.

"Um, Sir.....I do have a question about what we'll be reading. One can only read Ganderbumps and The Adventures of Huckelberry Hound so many times....."

OOC: yes, i made up some alternate, punny names for some common, and no offense over-used readings....Sorry, T, if that offends your educational sensibilities.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Hazel looked back at the curious student.  "I'm not asking for required reading.  I would rather see you read the material that interests you.  What Ryan here would like is not necessarily going to be what Elex likes, etc. etc.  So choose something that sincerely you wouldn't mind not only reading, but writing about.  It can be anything; magazines, novels, fiction, non-fiction, newspapers....doesn't concern me.  All I ask is that you do indeed read it, and read it well enough that if I asked you to explain what I'd find in your literary source, you could answer me and anyone in this class."

Gazing at the clock on the wall to the left, Hazel noticed he only had two remaining minutes to wrap up.  "Ok, for tomorrow, bring in something you want to read.  We'll use the time as a quiet reading period.  While you read, write notes down.  Write your emotions down.  If you think the novel is a piece of crap, write 'by page 9 I realized this book was a piece of crap because...' and continue on."  The students thought that last remark was pretty funny, coming from a teacher of all beasts.

With that, the bell rang, Hazel opened the door and shooed them out.  "Have a wonderful day," he called out.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"Don't see your name on the mortgage."  He muttered quietly, continuing his meal.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Valeron got to chemistry about 30 seconds before the bell rang. There, he began to jot down the notes the teacher was writing on the board about thermodynamics. Valeron never needed to work hard at understanding science; his dragon cunning had given him that ability. So, after a lecture, the class began to prepare for an experiment on thermodynamics. He got to work by himself, as usual.