The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Smash Brothers: Collision

Explorer · 240 · 18472

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Will nodded.

"Got it.I'll step back and be alert in case something comes." He added, raising the Zapper up to his eyes' level.

-----------

"That's interesting..." Link replied. Just another one and it would be done...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Tom nodded and swung his ax into the door. The heavy armor plating of the door was no match for his golden ax.

After several minutes, he had cut a piece of metal from the door. Tom then swung the blunt side of the ax into the piece of metal, knocking it down and leaving a large gap.

Suddenly klaxons blared.

Tom immediately readied his ax.

--------------------------

Deimos leapt to the next pillar then onto the other side. "Link, we're here."

Nod had just touched down as well. "Can we not ever do that again?"

"You looked great flying!" Hyp said.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"We're in for trouble!" Will commented at the signs, watching over their exit as many R.O.B.s bolted from the entrance defended by two sentinels.

He instinctively started to shoot, trying to take back the robots.

"They're too many!"

------------

Link jumped down and straightened his hat.

"Well, wasn't that a bumpy ride." He commented, turning to Ms. Swimmer. "Hum, my Hookshot, please?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer handed Link back his hookshot. "Thanks."

"Now where to?" Deimos asked.

-----------------

Tom threw his ax at one of the robots, splitting it in half. The ax rematerialized in his hand. "Through this door!"

He ran into the door that he cut open and switched to his slingshot. He aimed out and fired a large rock that pierced the armor on a ROB sentry. He got a laser blast back in response.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Link turned to the tunnel on that ledge. The walls were acquiring a more humanized look, made out of pilled stones and pillars. A curious glow could be seen at the end, probably one of the torches of the castle. If so, they were lucky.

"We should probably follow in..." He replied, taking a step forward.

However, this step caused the falling of some parts of the ground, leaving only a thin bridge to cross.

"So, hum, we still going...?" Link gulped.

----------------

Even though Will couldn't get a clean shot, he was using his Deflectors to, well, deflect many of the R.O.B.'s shots, allowing him to only protect while he kept going into the swarm of enemies.

"Tom, get outta there! We're outnumbered!" He called, throwing a Deflector to the fighting partner.

A R.O.B. tried to attack Will from behind, but he promptly let the Deflectors go and jumped, falling back with multiples kicks that ripped the robot's mechanical head.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom caught the deflector. He activated it briefly to turn away a missile shot at him.

And R.O.B tried to get him from behind but at quick blow with his ax decapitated the robot.

"We'll head down the door I cut open." Tom said.

----------

"Well, only once way to go, forward." Deimos said.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Got it!" Will replied loud, jumping through a bunch of R.O.B.s' laser beams and landing with a roll.

As he landed, the robots were destroyed due to the reflected shots, allowing some free space to run into the new room.

"I'm in Tom! I'll give you a hand!" Will added, taking the Zapper out and shooting two R.O.B.s heading from the exit.

The situation was complicating.

-------------------

"Ok... easy does it..." Link gulped, proceeding, step by step, over the thin bridge. The walls kept getting more decorated, filled with many shields and carpets as the tunnel proceeded.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom activated the deflector several times, sending lasers and missiles flying back at their shooters as he ran down the hallway.

He then spotted what seemed like a prison block. "Hey, the holding cells! If we can get in there maybe we can find an ally or two!"

----------------

Deimos, Nod, Ms. Swimmer and Hyp carefully followed Link down the ornately decorated hallway.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Will made some efforts to take down a large column of steel, in an attempt to block the robots path.

"Sounds a good idea! I'll be there in a minute!" Will replied, not willing to give up on the column.

--------

(OOC: I'll call lbt/cty_lover in before going too forward on their part.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom headed over to Will and handed him his ax. "Take this, it will rip through metal. Don't worry I've got other weapons." Tom then pulled out his golden shovel and used it to split open a surprised ROB that tried to attack Will.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OOC: Guys! Come on! You left me way behind! Can someone give me a de-briefing? I would prefer to know what has happened since I was... Ooh! Something in my inbox! Lets see... Okay, in response to that message, I'll say, I'm still in it. But I do need to know what has happened.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - well, Explorer's characters (Link) and my characters (Hyp, Deimos, Nod and Ms. Swimmer) entered deeper into that cave. Tom Nook and Will are onboard a Subspace ship and they are trying to take control of it. Capt. Falcon, Strut, Mutt are separated from everyone else and are near the Smash Citadel. Ike and Valeron are outside the cave. )

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: Yup, He said it all.)

Will looked at the ax for a split second before nodding.

"I'll go right with you." He added, preparing to take a strike with the ax. The column was in sight... and...

With a powerful swing, Will sent the ax flying in swift rotations, hitting the column and forcing it to fall and block the robot's path.

"Here we go!" He added, catching the object again.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ozzie heard noises from outside the cell. "Who's that?"

"Maybe it's a rescuer." his flyer said.

"Don't be an idiot! We're in a weird cave! They're more likely to kill us! Luckily for me," Ozzie then produced a blowgun made from a hollow reed.

"What the!?"

Ozzie grinned. "I had it strapped to my back this whole time. I've also got a pouch of rocks and various darts on me."

"Nice thinking!"

---------------------------

Tom then entered the prison block. The prison was illuminated with a harsh blue-white light that shone over dull metallic grey walls.

A ROB guard spotted him but was quickly felled by Tom who fired a rock from his slingshot piercing the robot's armor. Another shot and the robot toppled over, harmless.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Will rushed to meet up with Tom after making sure the column was literally glued to the wall using the Zapper's laser.

He stopped when he saw that the robot was already on the ground, though, and started walking slowly.

"So, find anything?" He asked, looking very closely to the cells, keeping the gun pointed forward.

Maybe I'm underestimating him a little.

---------------

"A false step and we fall..." Link commented, keeping balance.

However, another step forward caused the fall of a small part of the bridge, which kept crossable.

"I had to talk..." He added, passing over the missing part.

Ten more steps and he would reach the other side.

"Where are Ike and Valeron?" He asked back.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I think Ike may still be at the entrance." Deimos said.

------------------------

"I haven't found anything." His eyes fell on a locked cabinet by the destroyed ROB. "Hey! I have. Will! Over there!" He pointed to the locked cabinet. "Maybe there's something useful in there"

(OOC - up to you to decide what that item is. I actually want the items in this ship to be in "realistic" areas <cabinets and such>. Actually, it )

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I guess everyone went on without us." Ike said to Valeron as the two swordsmen sat down by the cave's mouth.

"Seems to be the case. While we wait, why don't we practice swordsmanship a little bit." Valeron suggested.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: Hm... you can choose, but... I dunno, let it be a Ray Gun or something. Something appropriated to the environment. Being a space ship, futuristic stuff should be the most appropriate.)

"Maybe we should warn them. We're getting closer to the castle and they might lose track of us." Link added, stepping to the safe platform.

They were inside the castle dungeon now.

----------

Will looked at the cabinet and didn't hesitate in puling the Zapper out.

"Only one way to find out what's inside!" He commented, firing a bunch of shots that destroyed the cover.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom went over to the destroyed cabinet. He pulled a first aid kit and a super scope out of the ruined cabinet. "Looks like it was for the jailers." He handed the super scope to Will.

--------------

"Someone's outside." Ozzie said, upon hearing the laser shots.

----------------

"I'll warn them." Hyp said.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"A Super Scope, huh...?" Will accepted the weapon and put his own zapper away. "Fox told me about these. I heard they can charge..." He pressed the trigger and kept it pressed. "And when its fully charged, it can..." BANG! The trigger was released, sending a large energy ball flying towards the wall, wrecking it apart! "Oops."