The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 1 Piano Medley

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I play piano for an amateur choral group near where I live, and when we put on concerts I am often asked to perform a solo, usually of classical music, since that's what I'm educated in.

However, in August we are doing a more light-and-bright concert, and I've decided to write an arrangement of some of the music (by ear) from the first LBT film and to perform it as my solo. As some of you know, the composer James Horner was killed recently in a plane crash, and though I'd already started writing the medley before his death, I've decided to complete it as a tribute to his memory, as he wrote the music to many of my favourite films as a child (The Pagemaster, Jumanji, etc).

I'm not in charge of filming the concert, so there might be a wait until I can get a copy of the concert and upload my solo to show you guys, but I'll get it as soon as I can. The music is only from the soundtrack of the first film in the series, and I've used most of the main themes from the film, including The Great Migration, If We Hold On Together, and Whispering Winds (Littlefoot's Mother's death scene).

I'll be uploading the recording here, on my Youtube channel, where I put all my arrangements.

Thanks for reading, and I can't wait for you to hear it!

Matthew

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :yes

I know there are already a couple of good medleys uploaded to YouTube so I'd love to hear even more. James Horner's music is simply stunning and wonderful :)
Inactive, probably forever.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Can't wait to hear music to my ears! 💗
8 years with TGOF :yum

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Update:

The performance of the medley went pretty well, only made a few small mistakes, but unfortunately the person recording it didn't get the last 2 or 3 minutes, because the camera ran out of power. ):

I will upload the recording to Youtube as soon as possible, just for those interested, but since the audio quality isn't very good, I've decided to get my piano tuned and then record the thing properly.

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is really great! I would love to hear something like that live someday. :D

Can't wait for the full recording in a better quality that you said you might do when you have the time. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Can't wait for a better recording. What I could hear of the medley so far is very promising, can't wait for the rest that was cut off!  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.