The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What type of gamer are you?

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm all about hardcore gaming. For me, the more challenging the game, the more fun it is. ;)

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm currently playing three games:

Halo 3 ODST
Borderlands
GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City

Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 to come out!

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've loved playing video games ever since I was maybe 7. I'm definitely a hardcore gamer, but I limit the amount of time I spend on gaming so I can concentrate on other things.

I'd probably label myself as a hardcore fighting and shooting gamer. They are my two favorite genres.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm a casual gamer. Usually I don't make time for games.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hardcore. Bring on the pain!!!  :wow
Though I play most games, I fancy those that are harder.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sort of a Hardcore and retro gamer,but I don't play video games that much.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
From that list I'd have to say I'm a hardcore gamer with a bit of retro gamer mixed in. I love games that take a long time to finish.

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
I am back in business very slow couse now I have to be carefull more than ever not to passtoo much time in front of a pc or tv, I am a hardcore gamer (was my contition limit me a lot now) still I play a lot of games on emulators my old consoles and now in my iphone. I love retro games and also arcade games XD I lovve everykind of game good bad or bored.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would of said Professional, but I never got paid  <_<

I'm mostly the hardcore type, when I get the time.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
^^ I would love to make a career out of playing video games as a tester, or even join the MGL or MLG or whatever it's called.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Heh, I had that chance way back in the Quake 4 early days... but to be honest I couldn't be bothered playing games enough to be uber pro at them.

Video game testing isn't as fun as it sounds. You'll never want to play another game... ever again.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've always wanted to create games... apart from chasing Tornadoes that is (my degree is in tornado science).

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
^^ I have this notebook back at home that I would write in whenever I was bored. Because at the time I didn't have the skills to create a video game, I would make my own ideas for video games. I had so many different ideas it was crazy. I remember when I was about 7, I came up with the idea for a Mario Kart game but with the Land Before Time characters. I don't know how I came up with it, I just did.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Er, can this be made multiple choice, because I'm kind of a mix between the first four choices. Which one I currently am depends on my mood.
I will sit down and play light games that are easy and quick to beat, but I'll also play difficult games, but I also like older games and have been stacking up on rereleases of them like crazy, and I also like lots of games made in Japan, like Super Mario Bros and Final Fantasy.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 5 2009 on  04:15 AM
Er, can this be made multiple choice, because I'm kind of a mix between the first four choices.
I don't think I can edit the poll...

I knew I should've made it a multi-choice. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't play games often, but when I do, I usually go for the old one's.  Super Nintendo was and IS the GREATEST!  I don't care that there's like 256 colors and a 12mhz processor in the console. :p Donkey Kong 3 was sooooooooo great!  Super Mario was pretty good too, but I never really beat Bowser.  The game I have doesn't save when you turn off the console.  There's something wrong with it.  Because of this, I can never get to the final level.  It's still fun though.  

N64 was like meh......not so great.  All consoles newer than N64 just aren't worth my time.  I do have an XBOX, but the only thing I play on it is Fable and I don't play it often (maybe twice a year).  I have emulators of all the Pokemon GB games and I like to play those.  Other than that, I don't game.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The game I have doesn't save either although I beat Bowser several times anyway. There's a shortcut you can take to Bowser plus a secret area somewhere in the game that lets you collect as many extra lives as you want (although you have to keep visiting this stage over and over again since you can only get one extra life at a time).