The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Neutral LBT Movie

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, we've got a poll for your Favorite movie, and we've got a poll for your Least-favorite movie, but we don't have one for the movie that just slid on by, that you sat down and watched and after felt, "Heh. Whatever," and moved on with life. And the best part is, since this poll doesn't involve superlatives, even those users whose moral codes won't allow them to vote for bests or worsts, may voice their opinion here!

Personally I'd have to say the 3rd, 9th, and to a lesser extent the 12th. I'd have also said the 6th, but I rewatched it reentlyt, and actually its not that bad.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't this is a stupid question! :(

Anyway, I chose the second and sixth ones. They really don't impact me in anyway. :p They're just two of those films I will watch if I am very bored.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Possibly number 8. There were no major problems (such as those of LBT 10), but I think that it was a poor realization of some very good ideas. I guess I consider LBT 8 as kind of a missed chance for a really good sequel.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd say 10, since it does have some good scenes, but the plot makes little sense if one thinks about it, and it does have some continuity problems.  I've not see any after 10, and I only have the first 11 on dvd with 11 up for being watched this friday or weekend.   Part of 4 would be listed on my list.  Overall I liked the movie, but it has a section that is a large problem, Ali able to travel such a long distance in minutes, unless all longneck farwalkers can do that even while taking others with them, which would mean Littlefoot & his mother and grandparents don't in the first movie since being residents they can't travel like that. The who needs you song, taken out of context I enjoy the song, but kept within the movie feels to me like it does not fit.  In the middle of a mainly serious scene the 2 villians decide to do a stand up comedy routine.  What if some of the aliens had decided to do that in the aliens movie.  

Overall I'd say 10.  Some others may have either small errors or ones I've not noticed.  Part of 4 would be up on the list, but not 4 overall.

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
#9 would've gone a bit more better, and also #13 is okay for me.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Most of the Land Before Time movies don't effect me. I'd say the one with Mo in it was the...most neutral movie for me, because everyone was saying how great of a character Mo was and stuff and at the end of the movie I was just like, "...Err..."

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT 3. I just didn't care that much about it.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I basically agree that the plot of LBT 9 (bringing Mo back to the Big Water) and Mo's character were not overly interesting I still found LBT 9 one of the better sequels. It lacked care in details (as sadly is the case with most of Charles Grosvenor's LBT sequels) e.g. there would have been simpler ways to get back over the landbreak, but that of course would have undermined the story.
However, there were some really emotional scenes (Mo's presumed death, Littlefoot's near drowning), some very good songs ("No one has to be alone" is one of the best LBT songs ever in my opinion), the last impressive sharptooth we have seen in LBT so far, and some scenes which bore clear resemblance (not to the point of them being a rip off) to the original movie. It was also the first time since LBT 5 that Littlefoot's mother was mentioned (though admittedly in a very casual way) and it revealed that Littlefoot apparently sometimes does think about the might have beens.
Most of this is just my opinion of course which nobody needs to share, but it is why I think that LBT 9 can also be seen in a more positive light :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
For me, its the third, and seven-ten.

Three had nothing particularly bad with it, but the bullies are just not that interesting as antagonists, their characters fall flat of what they should have been considering their later turnaround, and there was too little screentime and development for Hyp and his father.

The others. Similar reason.s Nothing particularly bad, but not overly impressively delivered.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
LBT 3 and 8, I've watched them less than 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and the TV series.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I didn't really care for LBT 7 or LBT 11.  Believe it or not, I liked 13 more than 11 (though I didn't think either movie was too special).  Which reminds me...I haven't watched an LBT movie in quite a while.  I've got to make time to do that again sometime.  I've just been working way too much lately.....

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT 4...was meh.  
I think Kor summed up very well the actual plot and I'm a tad biased toward it because I do NOT like the character of Ali.

And LBT 6, I am not sure what I don't like about it.  I just don't really watch it as much as the others.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT X,XI,XII and XIII seeing as they came out during the years I had lost interest in the series, don't get me wrong I do enjoy said films(except XI,XII and XIII) but when they were released I didn't even know about them.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Belmont2500,Nov 13 2010 on  02:58 PM
LBT X, XI, XII and XIII seeing as they came out during the years I had lost interest in the series.
I knew people hated 10, 11 and 13, but I never heard of anyone hating 12. :wow  Hmm... (no offense Belmont)

EDIT: Okay, I see. I've had that happen, I even knew Ice Age 2 was released until a month after it was, and at first, I didn't want to see it. But I went during the last week in was in theatres.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ I like X, I just don't like the three films that follow it.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Number 4 was mine. I don't know why. I just was never interested in it. Some parts were okay, (the song it takes all sorts and I like Ali) but it really bored me and the villians in that were just plain weird. It kind of had a good clear storyline (Littlefoot's grandpa getting sick, the gang trying to save him while having to avoid the annoying sharpteeth along the way) and the characters were okay (minus Ichy and Dil) but it just really didn't appeal to me.