The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into Cyrodiil

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Since I am no longer active in Eymreil, I've decided to start an RP that will, hopefully, surpass it in every way.

Seeing as how in Eymreil, a person's creativity or lack thereof could make or break it and of course, the latter happened. So I'm going to play this one safe.

This is going to be a Gang of Five crossover with the Elder Scrolls series, specifically the fourth game, Oblivion.

The roleplay will start a week after the Oblivion Crisis has ended. The Empire is beginning to show signs of crumbling and it is without an Emperor. During this time a new threat will arise and somehow, we all end up caught in the middle of this conflict.

The Rules:

0. Plot points are advanced at my discretion and mine alone.

I. Post only a few times a day to let others catch up.

II.  you play as yourself and any other characters that you would prefer. If you have an OC from the game that you want to use, just post their profile.

III. You can't control another person's character unless you have their permission, unless that is the case , stick to your own characters.

IV. Play only the maximum of characters that you can handle. If the amount you are playing proves too overwhelming, you may let another member claim them by saying so in this thread and see if anyone else wants to play the characters.

Participating members:
Belmont2500
StarfallRaptor
Nick22
Kor

Official Characters(More will be added):
Baurus -
Dar Ma - Nick22
Jaffre -
Scar-Tail - Belmont2500
Seed Neeus - Belmont2500
Ocheeva - Belmont2500
Teinavaa - StarfallRaptor
Amusei -
Deetsan - Nick22
Spirit of Martin Septim -

Mi'aq the Liar -

Original Characters:

Qa'Dar(Played by Belmont2500)
Nicula(Played by Nick22)
Glides-On-Water(Played by Kor)
 Gaius Farron(Played by StarfallRaptor)
Dru Essa(Played by Nick22)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Count Me in for this. I'll play dar maa
 and my ocs Nicula and DRu Essa
and of course myself.. i'm looking forward to this,.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can do Chaka again.  Can't do the character I did in Oblivion since he'd be to powerful, since he finished the Shivering Isles main Quest he is now a daedric lord.  Chaka is a close type character based on how I did him during the game, a fighter/mage type.  Though I could say she owns Frostcrag Spire.  My character in Oblivion owned that.

I can do a male argonian instead of a female one.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Qa'Dar
Species: Khajiit
Weapons: Silver Longsword and Hunting bow.

Personality and bio:

A bold, young khajiit born in Riverhold , having been conceived while on a serene, calm night. Eighteen years later, the family caravan was attacked by bandits, Qa'Dar's mother and father were killed and he was separated from his only sibling  -Ma'Ji.

Now on his own, he became a warrior and a thief doing whatever he could to survive for the next few years. After getting caught while stealing from an Imperial fort, Qa'Dar was arrested and taken to the Imperial City prison in Cyrodiil in 3E 433. Once the khajiit escaped, history was set and he would be swept into the Oblivion Crisis.

Qa'Dar managed to be involved in the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, almost as a double agent.

He was deeply depressed after having been forced to kill Ocheeva and the rest of the members in a 'purification' and soon left the Dark Brotherhood's service, becoming a renegade.

Qa'Dar has had many mates including Ocheeva, Scar-Tail, Amusei  and S'Krivva but his most favored ones were the Argonian Seed Neeus and the owner of the Oak and Crosier herself, Talasma. It is she who will bear the next descendant of Qa' Dar's bloodline.

Qa' Dar follows Kynareth and Sanguine

He has found a home in the city of Anvil.

So that's my character's profile up.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Think I have the first draft of a character.

---------------------

Name: Glides-on-water

Species: Agonian

Weapons: Daedric longsword & Dagger (gotten off of enemies in the oblivion gates he went through to close, (uses his magic for ranged combat & sometimes in melee combat, healing, and other stuff), Sword of the Crusader, mace of the Crusader.

Personality & Bio:

He got caught up in the Oblivion crises, and managed to close some oblivion gates, being the only person brave enough in the areas to go in to seek to try to close it.

He wears heavy armor, uses a 1 handed sword & is a skilled mage as well.  

He got a deed that he Owns Frostcrag Spire.  A relative had named him as the new owner of it.  He has gone to the Imperial City market District and has bought the furniture sets for it, using most of the money he has from adventuring.  

He has been doing some adventuring, for such like the fighter's guild & the mage guild, as well as some quests he has come across.  

While he was adventuring he heard rumors of  a massacre at the Chapel of Dibella in Anvil. Traveling there he heard someone talking about an evil king who had returned & a worthy knight would be needed to defeat him.  Not being a knight he said it wasn't him.  The prophet said he may be worthy and gave him a map to the wayshrines to pray at.  Being skeptical he decided to travel to the wayshrines among his other quests.  Eventually he completed this and got a vision.  He went where indicated and after swimming underwater to an entrance and fighting many undead found a helm.  He found a journal and eventually went to some buildings that looked like on one had been there recently.  After battling ghosts he got a cuirass.  He switched this for the cuirass he currently wore.  Then he focused on assembling the rest of the relics of the crusader and defeating Umaril the unfettered.

He then went back to occasionally adventuring between making potions, some to help or be handy during his travels & adventuring & some to sell, as well as practicing & studding magic & alchemy.  

He is studious, enjoys studying magic, doing alchemy.  Likes to try to help others, but also take time to be by himself to study/practice magic and do some alchemy.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I'm certainly interested.  But before I get in too deep, I'd ask a couple of questions.  

1) Can we make reference to/use weapons and armor from Morrowind?

2) Does our character have to be restricted to the game mechanics of fighting?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The answers to your questions, Eric:

1. Yes, you may.

2. No, not entirely. The combat system is just a jumping off point.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So we can use some weapons/armor from Morrowind & Oblivion?  Neat I may look over some of the morrowind & oblivion swords, daggers & armor and pick some out.  Nothing super powerful though.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name: Gaius Farron

Race: Imperial

Weapons:  Daedric Katana, Daedric Dai-Katana(Enchanted), Daedric Dagger, Steel Saber, Steel throwing knives(Enchanted), Glass Throwing stars(Enchanted), Slimmed-down Ebony Darts(enchanted)

Apparel:  Elegant black robe with large sleeve cut down the middle and worn open-fronted over a set of Blackened Chitin armor with red cloth under it, as well as Ebony boots.  Blackened Chitin Pauldrons over the robe's shoulders, and a Dwemer left gauntlet.  Simple red leather fingerless glove on his right hand.  Often wears a blackened steel helmet with a red crest of horsehair.

Personality:  Gaius tends to come off a relatively affable and social, able to easily charm his way through much of life with a few well-chosen words.  However, beneath the veneer of an affable gentleman, Gaius is actually severely broken and lonely, isolating himself from others due to his past.  Unlike most Imperials, he genuinely sees the other races the world as equals, displaying a certain fondness for Khajit and Argonians in particular.

Bio:  The son of a member of House Hlaau, Gaius grew up wanting for nothing in his home province of Vvardenfell.  However, as he grew into a young man, he began to long for a life outside the gilded cage of Rethan Manor.  In his search for freedom, he was swept off his feet by a dashing Khajit rogue, with whom he escaped Rethan Manor.  Unfortunately, his idealized future was not to be.  His family set the Moarag Tong assassins on them, and the pair were captured.  Gaius was forced to watch as his first love was brutally executed in front of him, then subjected to a torturous brand and exiled from his family.  Wandering Morrowind, he taught himself a new style of combat, defeating masses of enemies while still barely older than a teen.  Gathering a set of powerful weapons as he traveled, he eventually found that nothing was even a challenge to him anymore, and so traveled to Solstheim, and from there to Skyrim.  From there, he at last decided to make his way to Cyrodill, the home of his people, in order to seek his fame and fortune there.  When he did, he found himself drawn into the Oblivion Crisis, and, at last, felt a challenge worthy of his skills.  Now, in the aftermath of the crisis, he has taken up wandering, though not without a base of operations:  Battlehorn Castle...

Skills:  Gaius grew up with the blade as his playmate, and tomes as his friends.  An exceptional swordsman, he wields any blade with lethal precision and skill.  His true fighting style tends towards relying on a swift draw of his blade, returning it to the scabbard in an instant.  However, when he views an opponent as either less skilled, or otherwise unlikely to pose a threat, he will instead draw his saber, wielding it in an airy, elegant fencing style.  
Magically, he possesses little aptitude, save for enchanting, at which he excels.  The only spell he has used is light healing.

Notes:  Daedric Dai-Katana is enchanted with a permanent life-drain spell, enabling him to feed on the life of the enemies he kills.  Daggers utilize a delayed-strike fire burst spell, Throwing Stars use a shock spell, and Darts use a paralysis spell.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Forgot about daedric weapons.  I may add a daedric longsword, unless that's to powerful.  Not sure if it should be enchanted or not.  May go with ebony armor since Starfall's character has that so I guess it's ok to have that.  Perhaps a daedric or ebony dagger, just to have a small backup weapon.  

I may add in that he wants to figure out how the things work at frostcrag spire that lets you teleport to a mage guild, buy a house somewhere and maybe put on in there so he doesn't have to travel all the way to the mountains to go back home.  Since it is handy to have a teleport pad to a mage guild, though it is only 1 way as I recall.

Edit: I went ahead and changed his sword & dagger to daedric since I did mention he had gone into and closed some oblivion gates so he could have gotten them that way.  i was undecided if I should have heavy or light armor and looking around decided to give him a few pieces of the crusader armor from the knights of the nine questline.  My oblivion character wore heavy armor & used magic.  He was similar to this character.  Hope the changes are ok and not to powerful or odd, or not what you were going for.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The RP will start March 5th , so for anyone who wants to join, do so before then.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will be playing Deetsan the mages guild member from Cheydinhall. so add another character to my ledger. shes quite a skilled mage, being one of the strongest in the local guild. having her around will help the non-magical creatures. she has an interest in Ocheeva and Dru Essa, and possibly dar ma as well. she gets along well with pretty much anyone except necromancers.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds good.  

Think I will alter it so my char has completed the knights of the nine questline.  

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The RP thread is up and the first post made. T'is begun.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good to hear belmont. i've been looking forward to this..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: