The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species

Ducky123 · 289 · 40127

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Character list

A beautiful night somewhere in the Mysterious Beyond. Two Rainbowfaces looked into the stars wondering what they would tell them this time.

Galli was deep in thought. Her eyes fixed on the constellation of the Little Longneck, she noticed something of interest that shook her sleepiness away in an instant. "Mimus?" She called her friend and companion. "You just gotta see that!"
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
"Huh?" Mimus startled, as if he had just woken up. "What is it, dear?"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Do you see the position of Mars, do you? A right ancle to the constellation of the Little Longneck! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!" Galli screamed in excitement almost exaggerating. "This means the end of a reign..."

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes! I can see it clearly," said Mimus, "A change in the world is bound to occur at anytime! Though I'm not sure exactly when..."

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Neither do I... Hey Mimus, finally a prophecy after a long hiatus!" Galli cheered. "I'm not sure I even remember the last one... something with an astroid and five kids possibly?"

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mimus thought about it momentarily. "An asteroid? Five children? Oh yes, now I remember! Something about a...a Stone of Cold Fire. What nonsense that was!"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Galli chuckled. "Sure it was! Anyways, I have a feeling they will play a role in this one as well... We shall watch the stars carefully because there are other details to be revealed likely." She plopped to the ground and watched the stars again.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mimus did the same. "Certainly, Galli, certainly! There's something out there in the sky that seems to be creating...a sort of message; a sort of needing; a sort of...well, I'm sure you know what I mean, right?"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sure I understand, I'm smarter than you," she laughed and gave her friend a friendly-meant weak punch. "Therefore, I'm capable of reading the message in the stars." She gave him a twinkle, just like the stars would do occasionally. "The despot will be brought down by a group of children who have learned to hold on together despite their difference in species. That will be the key to fulfill the prophecy... Sounds interesting, doesn't it, dear?"

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sure does!" said Mimus. "And just think of what wishes they could make to do such a thing!"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, and here comes the best part: We are given the might to make their wishes come true..."

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"According to the positions of Uranus and Neptune, we are.. One of the kids will know its destiny, says the moon..."

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"And everyone else will know their fates, says the now set sun."

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I guess that's it, I can't find more messages in the sky, can you?" Galli told Mimus. Uttering a yawn, she added: "Let's settle down for the night now; tomorrow is going to be an important day after all!"

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Agreed!" Mimus said, yawning as well. With that, he and Galli both settled down, in preparation for a new day. They fell asleep within minutes.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Here we go :lol)

Eight dinosaur kids, of whom seven were commonly just called 'The Gang' , were playing Hide and Seek in the Great Valley in an area where both big and small trees and lower vegetation as well as grass grew. There were areas where the trees grew close to each other as well as areas with occasional trees or bushes and also open grassfields. One side of the area was bordered by the Great Wall that offered a few shelter-like caves whereas another side was bordered by a swampy area that was located close to the river that flew through the Valley. Littlefoot, a friendly, smart and courageous Longneck, who was the head of the Gang, Cera, a strong, proud and sarcastic Threehorn, who had a hard shell but a soft inside, Ducky, a cheerful, sweet and friendly Swimmer with a childish speech pattern, Petrie, a self-conscious, easily scared and gullible Flyer, whose heart was at the right spot nonetheless, with a grammar issue, Spike, Ducky's 'brother', a sleepy, easygoing and muted Spiketail with a great appetite, Ruby, a thoughtful, smart and responsibly Fastrunner, who tends to talk in a repetitive way, and Chomper, the Sharptooth they had hatched, friendly, innocent and sometimes a little childish, as known as 'The Gang of Seven' plus Guido, a forgetful, easily scared and self-conscious Glyder, who had met the Gang some time ago and since then had played with them every now and then, had a lot of fun. It was just Ruby's turn to find and chase the others around to catch them eventually...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
A bush rustled conspicuously as its leaves were drawn slightly apart. A small eye peered out, gleaming with joy, then quickly withdrew. Petrie settled back into the foliage and giggled. "Me no see her yet! Maybe she no find us ever!"

"Petrie!" Above, pressed against the trunk of the tree shading the bush, a blue glider whispered down nervously. Guido looked around, rustling his feathers slightly. "She will find us if you keep talking..."

"Me sorry," Petrie whispered back... and giggled again, a high, carefree sound that carried easily.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Elsewhere in the vicinity, Spike was crotched down and hiding behind a large bush covered with sweet bubbles.  He hoped that his cover would work better this time than it did the last time that they had played this game.

However, his sniffer caught the smell of something sweet and enticing.  "Mmmm... Sweet bubbles." Thought Spike.  However as he was about to take a bite from the bush he remembered how he was caught last time, by eating his own cover.

Using what was for Spike a tremendous amount of willpower, he decided to eat some of the tall grass beside him instead.  "I will not blow my cover this time." He resolved.

However, distracted by his impromptu meal, he did not realize that his tail was beginning to shake the bush behind him...

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ruby, who had been giving the vicinity a panoramic sweep with her eyes, saw the light tremble of a sweet-bubble bush some distance away. At the same time, she raised a feathered arm to check the direction of the wind.
There is no wind over there..." she concluded. "Meaning..."
A satisfied smile on her voice, Ruby sprinted straight towards the bush...