The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Fic Questions

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I want to start a post where quick questions about certain things in the LBT universe can be answered for fan-fic writers. IBasically, anyone can post here, and ask if something occurs or doesn't exist in the LBT universe (Such as a name for summer, or whether gold is recognised by the dinosaurs, or whether grapes exist as food) and see if anyone else can answer their question.

For instance, I just wrote a scene where a bunch of youngsters applaud the ending of a story told to them, and I think I should drop it because I don't know if "clapping" exists in the LBT. Has there ever been clapping or applause?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't recall an instance but then again we have often seen LBT characters imitating human gestures. There are many cases of cheering in LBT but even in those scenes we don't see the two-legged characters clap I think. I guess it may be possible but there is no real precedent I think.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
They generally just cheer, to my knowledge. Still gets the point across.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Well, clapping SEEMS to be physically possible but just because there is no precedent does not mean that you should not add it in.

I could also respond with a question of my own, how "Human" do you want your dinosaurs? "Pure" LBT dinosaurs would cheer and more "humanized" LBT dinosaurs ("tribal" dinosaurs like Karkovice) may very well clap.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.