The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me questions

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
This might be an odd question, but do you believe in the term "guilty pleasure" as in having "LBT as a guilty pleasure" due to certain circumstances of what seems to be socially acceptable in society, or do you kick out the labels and just like what you like even if other people would call them guilty pleasures?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The Great Valley Guardian: I haven't considered starting a roleplay based on one of my fanfictions. I could, perhaps, but I wouldn't really know where to begin, nor would I know what fanfic to use. I could say Out of the Shadows, but due to it being an R story, not sure if it'll work, unless I were to try to keep the story PG-13 at least. And yeah I'm aware I'm not that active in roleplays. I apologize for that. I do try to keep active and I used to be more active in roleplays in general years ago, but lately it's become very hard for me to continue participating in an RP for very long, hence why I end up becoming inactive quickly. It's got nothing to do with the rp itself; I just can't keep myself active as well as I used to.

Alex: You mean DarkHououmon? It's the name of a very old character of mine, from either 1999 or 2000. Hououmon is the japanese name for Phoenixmon. I tacked on Dark in it, DarkHououmon, which is basically a recolored evil version of Hououmon (recolors are common even among canon digimon characters).DarkHououmon would translate to "Dark Phoenix Monster", while Hououmon just Phoenix Monster. I used the name for my FF.Net account and it's stuck ever since. I don't really use DarkHououmon as a character anymore, but I still continue to use the name as a username.

Edit: Whoops I didn't see your question, Rat_Lady.

Rat_Lady: I never really use the term "guilty pleasure" and have never really labeled anything as such. To me, nothing is a "guilty pleasure", it's just what you like. I think using the term "guilty pleasure" automatically labels something as "strange" or "weird", while unconsciously labeling something else "normal", which I think is a bit unfair. Sure we may not like all the same stuff, and that's normal. But I don't think it's fair for someone to label an interest a "guilty pleasure" simply because it doesn't fin in with the "norm" or is something they personally don't like.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cool, I had never heard of that digimon. Guess I didn't watch the show long enough ;p

How many of the seasons did you watch?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alex: I watched all of seasons 1 and 2, nearly all of season 3, most of season 4, and parts of season 5. I haven't seen enough of season 5 to say whether or not I liked it, but my favorite season was 3, least favorite 4, and for the same reason. In seasons 1 and 2, it was all about the partnership between human and digimon, how the human helps the digimon digivolve and become stronger. In season 4, since the humans turn into digimon, this partnership is destroyed. While it was a unique concept, it didn't feel like Digimon to me. Season 3, on the other hand, not only kept the partnership, but actually enhanced it by making the human/digimon partnership even more powerful. Now not only can the human partner aid their digimon in more ways than before by using cards (making them faster, granting them new attacks, etc) but they can use their own energy to make their digimon stronger (even feel the digimon's pain) and eventually merge with the digimon. Another reason I like season 3 the most is it was more serious than seasons 1 and 2. Seasons 1 and 2 put in dialogue where it was supposed to be silence and add in all kinds of corny jokes. Season 3 still had jokes but not as much and the show seemed to take itself more serious and actually had silent moments.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Very interesting. I remember seeing the stuff about merging with the digimon (wans't there some of that in the first movie?). I didn't like the idea. Same thing happened to Megaman NT I think. But I never got exposed to it. I only saw seasons 1 and 2 of digimon, so I shouldn't talk bad about it.

Did you ever play the first Digimon World? It was for Playstation I think.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alex: The merging with digimon thing comes later in the season. I personally like it. Not obsessed with it, but I like it. It adds another, deeper level of the digimon/human partnership. As for Digimon World, yes I have played it, and beaten it. I don't have the save anymore but I had done pretty much everything in the game except for collect all the cards far as I know. I also used to be good at raising digimon to the point where I could choose what I want by training it right. I usually ended up with the digimon I wanted. I've gotten rusty though.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Man..you've got skills, then. Me and my brothers played it a ton when we were younger. We always got tyrannomon. And we definitely never beat it. Awesome game though.

Alright thanks for the answers. Have a nice day!...Uhh.....?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alex: You're welcome. Oh and about Digimon World, here's a hint from what I learned playing. Sometimes you just need to focus on one or two traits (sometimes three I think) to get a specific digimon. And by focus I don't mean neglect all the other training sections; just make sure certain traits are higher than the rest. If memory serves me right, if you have Gabumon and you focus on speed and defense you'll most likely get Garurumon. If you have Agumon and focus on offense and HP, I think, you're likely to get  Greymon. The Digimon's weight also matters. If the Digimon's weight is very light, either it won't digivolve or it'll die before it reaches Ultimate. If the Digimon is very heavy, it won't digivolve and, if it's a rookie that's that heavy, you're likely to get Numemon. Ultimates take longer to get and I find that I usually end up spending most of the time training up until I get an Ultimate. I have a better chance of getting an Ultimate if I have everything over 400 and HP and MP over 4,000.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks. I've never managed to get an Ultimate, besides that big bear that you can get with Numemon. Gonna have to bust out my PS.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alex: You're welcome. There is something else I forgot to mention. From my experience, it's a gradual thing. You might not get the digimon you want right away, and Ultimates won't come until later. But as you raise your rank it does get easier, from my experience. You can raise your rank by raising different Digimon, and it becomes easier to raise Digimon if you let them die naturally and don't let them be killed in battle. If they are killed in battle, they forget everything (or some of the stuff I believe) and have low stats, but if they die naturally, not only do they retain all previous moves but their stats are higher. Oh and you also get to choose which egg you want.

Note: There are items you can get to force your Digimon to digivolve into something. While this might be handy, I would try to avoid it, unless there's absolutely no other way, because the Digimon ends up not as strong initially as it would be if it naturally digivolved into that form.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Do you have any funny quotes, conversations, or anecdotes you'd be willing to share in the “Funniest things you've said or heard
Funniest things you've said or heard” thread?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile