The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Diving Lessons

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The Hydroplant I'm working for just issued the need for new divers to go down to the deeps and fix problems down there. I've been considered for the position. I don't know how this will impact my activity here or my writing project, so this is just a heads up.

Tomorrow, I'm off to a physical and then to be evaluated. If I clear both I'll be given lessons and made a certified diver.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wish you the best of luck! It is a dangerous job, but well paid I assume.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck with that.  I hope things work out well for you.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Thanks. Oh yeah, it's dangerous. We haven't lost any divers in the thirty years my mom has worked here, though, but there's always a first. I'm not too worried, though. The thirty years of losing no divers and all that.

Yep, diving pays well, and I get to keep my other position as a Tech Repair Man when not diving.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile