The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zero-point's Artwork

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! After some thinking, I decided that I should create a thread for my Land Before Time related artwork on this forum. All the pictures here are direct links to my DeviantArt images. Unfinished artworks will not be featured here, if you're interested in those, feel free to check out my DA  :D Thread still under creation, maybe I'll rearrage it or even add more images. Any suggestions are welcome!

The Stone of Cold Fire [PAINTING, DIGITAL]
-------------------------

Still [PAINTING, DIGITAL]
-----------------------------

Chomper on the Island [DRAWING, TRADITIONAL], potentially graphic content? Tell me if it's allowed to directly link to this or not, please :)
-------------------------

Fanart of Rhombus' fanfiction(s), mostly graphite
------------------------------------------------------

The name's Calin
-------------------

Repressor
-----------

Sorry
------

Battle wound
---------------

Stricken
---------

Chronos and Logos
---------------------

Awkward
----------

Fever
------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the welcoming messages everyone! Much appreciated :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:26:46 AM by zero-point »
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First :o

I would suggest posting one at a time. That way you will get more responses and feedback :)
Inactive, probably forever.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Sep 16 2017 on  03:53 PM
First :o

I would suggest posting one at a time. That way you will get more responses and feedback :)
Thank you for the suggestion. I just didn't want to clutter the place. Next time I post something I will try to keep that in mind.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have said it elsewhere, but I will say it again: you are one talented artist. :)  Though your initial work on DeviantArt was already great, the progressive improvement in your technique (especially in facial expressions, creating terrain, and getting body proportions correct) is very noticeable.  As for your question about the gore, that should be fine.  Where we draw the line on the forum is with anything sexual in nature, actual human gore, and things like that.  Gore that is compliant with actual hardships depicted in the series would be acceptable as art, though perhaps a written warning followed by the image might be a good idea if you are really concerned about a particular image.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that your drawings are really impressive!  :) Their atmospheres look pretty neat and it seems like your good at anatomy and doing facial expressions. The Stone of Cold Fire and Chronos and Logos are probably my favorite ones out of these due to the appropriate feeling you've managed to put into them! Really good job with all of these, though!  :yes

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
My goodness! Your art is so incredible! I cannot even put it to words! They are just awesome!

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you, I'm happy you like 'em :)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
They're so good! :D I love dromaeosaurs!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree with Sovereign, the Chronos and Logos and Stone of Cold Fire are my favorite as well. I really like your version of the Stone of Cold Fire. The glowing mixed with the mist along the ground gives it a much more supernatural look to it. Pterano's pose is great as well.

Very cool stuff.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone :DD

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Another drawing! Any feedback/critisism is welcome!

Lost [DRAWING, TRADITIONAL]
-----

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:25:10 AM by zero-point »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
it's still dark, desperate, and... and...
and it makes your drawings unique and awesome in some ways. :)
Though, well, even me isn't used to this look of LBT universe.  XD
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you guys :DD

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Really great-looking drawing as always! :yes The atmosphere is really heavy but the expression looks awesome as do the claws and the rough, hopeless feeling is just overwhelmingly powerful! Just an idea, though, it could be a good idea to tell what scene your drawings portray. I had to look at this for a moment but this drawing is about Petrie/Spotter reflecting  his new self in the Seven Hunters, I take it? Some kind of description could be nice in this and your other drawings of the Seven Hunters.  :)

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Oct 11 2017 on  10:16 PM
Really great-looking drawing as always! :yes The atmosphere is really heavy but the expression looks awesome as do the claws and the rough, hopeless feeling is just overwhelmingly powerful! Just an idea, though, it could be a good idea to tell what scene your drawings portray. I had to look at this for a moment but this drawing is about Petrie/Spotter reflecting  his new self in the Seven Hunters, I take it? Some kind of description could be nice in this and your other drawings of the Seven Hunters.  :)
Thank you very much! :DD This time, it's not actually from the Seven Hunters. I wanted to portray a flyer that is trapped by a sharptooth (or more sharpteeth) on the ground, lying in a puddle of some sorts. In the puddle, there's the reflection of the sky with the clouds.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, sorry for the wrong assumption. :lol: I just assumed so considering you have many pictures about that fic. :smile

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Oct 11 2017 on  11:01 PM
Alright, sorry for the wrong assumption. :lol: I just assumed so considering you have many pictures about that fic. :smile
No worries, it was my fault for not providing it a proper description to go along with the drawing.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had to look at this for a moment but this drawing is about Petrie/Spotter reflecting his new self in the Seven Hunters, I take it?
I had kinda the same general thought, with a character looking at the reflection in the water and I was a tad confused. Looking at it now it seems so obvious.

I don't know anything when it comes to drawing water but you seem to do a great job here. The ripples are drawn well and look believable and I like how the reflection by the Flyer's foot is distorted in a circular fashion. I also just noticed that the edge of the Flyer's wing is actually submerged in the water as well which is a nice touch (at least I think it is).  A minor nitpick I have with the ripples are the ones in the top left corner of the puddle. I feel like they would expand radially from a point source (tip of the claw) rather then a consistent wavefront to the right. Heck, since there are two claws that potentially touch the water you could include the superposition of the two ripples.

That's enough about water and waves. I also really like your shading. I feel like the main problem with me right now is that I'm afraid to go to dark with my shading so it limits what I can work with. Anyways, awesome drawing! :DD