The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Gone Fishing"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hi everybody!

Straight to it, you fish? :^.^:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Only when I am on holidays. Why? because inhere you need a card for fishing which you have to pay for and i am not willingly to do that because i dont even have enough spare time which i want to offer for it. Though when I am in France or something I like to go fishing.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Staight to it, no.

I've never really thought about fishing to be honest. It looks pleaseant enough I suppose, but I rarely like to sit around doing little.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yes, I love to fish.

Don't have enough time.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i've fished before but i don't really like it, don't have the patience for it.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love to fish, i just mainly like the feeling of sitting around fishing for, well, fish. It's awesome in my opinion. :^.^:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A couple of time when I was younger.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Ah yes, fishing.  I'd love to go out and fish.  But I haven't in well over seven years...  I just hope that someday I get to.  But my schoolwork says otherwise....  >_>

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've never been fishing. But I have been crabbing off the Poole Coastline. It's effectively the same thing as fishing except you go for crabs instead of fish. a piece of bacon tagged to the end of a line (for me and my cousin it was literally a piece of string). Once the line tugs, you yank up your trophy. We threw all our crabs back after our excursion but it was fun nonetheless. Must try out proper fishing though, never tried it first hand  :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I like to fish :yes.  My grandfather taught me how.  The largest fish I ever caught was a salmon, at least three feet long(Michigan is a good state to salmon-fish in).  I fish off a nearby pier occasionally, and I'd like to try deep-sea fishing this summer.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awsome!

And yes, fishing includes some patience!
But in general, what drives me is that you come soo close to Nature, and...it's quiet...

I should tell you about myself,

I've fished since I began to walk  :P:
I live 50 meteres from a lake where there's plenty of fish, big ones to, such as the Pike.
I can do all the fishing styles, but my major talent, is flyfishing.
I've been doing it for 5 years, and I've got pretty good!

My favorite place to fish, is in Norway, which great fishing rivers are only 5-9 hours car drive away. And the landscape and Nature of Norway... Well, you gotta see it to belive it!

I can't reallt say what my biggest catch is, but there has been some monsters :wow  I love monster Salmons caught on flyfishing rod!
MAN, they put up some fight!

I also fancy the art of tying flies for flyfishing, it's very stimulating, and fun!

If I'll be able to, I could show you some pictures. But I don't know how, yet.

Glad to hear that some of you share the interesst!

/Lillefot

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Fishing?  No no no...  I didn't really have much interest in it.  I went fishing with my grandpa several years ago; we used to sometimes, but we never really caught anything...

...Plus, my ex-stepdad was a real fish-nut, and his over-enthusiasm kinda killed it for me...  So, nope nope!  Straight, no chaser.  (Heh... I just had to slip that in...  That's a Miles Davis tune, LOL...  *Straight, No Chaser*)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
You know guys... fishing is more than just the catch...
It's these moments that makes the whole thing...

I stood for 10 minutes and just... watched...  :^.^:

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That's one awesome fish! All i could catch the first day i began to fish was a catfish and a crab. :lol

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nature... it's just amazing isn't it...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah!
One of my pals came over and we took the boat out on the lake (I was rowing the boat, that lazy bum!  <_<  )
THIS time we had luck on our side!

Result after 1 hour:

3 pikes, the biggest one, half a kilo.
3 perches, all at a very good size.
And many more smaller fires that got hooked, but that we lose.

We let all the fishes go back. Why kill them? They're beautiful animals!  :yes

It's good to see that the lake has begun to prove good for fishing again!

Sadly, I didn't bring the camera, next time I will!  :^.^:

/Lillefot

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
AHAHAH as my other RP character "Lune Bear" I am a great fisher but in IRL I am not, I would like to but I don't have much free time to do it. My only free day is sunday and I used to work in my home mantenience and clean the house. I don't have much time to enjoy life.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Fishing = quite fun, I say, especially deep-sea fishing for stuff like halibut. Trying to bring up a weighted line from 300 feet down can be somewhat difficult, especially with a 1.5-2ft wide halibut on the end. Though you do come up with some odd things, like hooking an octopus at one point, and, later that day, a sea cucumber (how this got on the line, I have no idea).

The best part, I think, was the ride out - it took us a half hour to get to the open ocean by boat. This was northern BC - it took us about an hour to get back to the nearest highway, (it was a 1400km drive from home to get to the place) and that drive was rather curvy, the road surface was very bad, and it was partially underwater, and thus impassable to us, at high tide (though I hear it's been fixed now - going in there in a motorhome with a 15-20ft boat trailer, as my grandparents did, would not be fun - even us, in our truck, had a rough ride.). There was a fair number of different types of fish that we caught - red snapper, rock cod, and pink salmon on the way out, plus dropping a couple of (unsuccessful, save a tiny king crab) crab pots, and a (very slightly more successful - we caught five) shrimp trap. We had a great time, though - some of our fellow fishermen gave us some crab that he'd caught, plus we saw some gigantic (I'd have to say at least 200 pounds) halibut, caught by a fishing guide. I was like,  :wow !

Makes me kind of sad that I live nowhere near good grounds like that, though I hear there's good rainbow trout fishing near Kamloops. Something I may have to check into, if I decide to get some gear at some point (all of my trips out have been using my grandparents' gear, since my parents don't fish). Though that'd be great if my work (after university) took me up there...I love the terrain up north. It's just too hot in the interior.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awsome! Yeah, sea fishing is great and way cool!
That's one of my sea fishing dreams, to fish for...
MARLIN!  :wow

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be ultimate.  Thought they may not be as large as they use to be, I"m sure they are still pretty large.