The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

This is Amazing

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
My website has only been around for 5 months or so and I'm already within the first 300 results (30 pages) of Google for just the phrase "Computer Repair," which receives nearly 2 million search queries per month!  In the next PageRank update, I should have a PR of at least 4 if not 5.  As for costs.....about $150 in total (actual costs were about $300, but $150 of that was just thrown away thanks to my inexperience with one of my backlinking tools).  My knowledge of SEO is considerable, but I never thought I'd reach this level.  My next goal is to be within the top 100 results (10 pages) of Google for the same search phrase (computer repair).  

Wish me luck people!  If I do get to be within the first few results (not pages, but results), I'm going to quit computer repair (at least as a business) and retire.  As to why that's because I'll easily be able to make enough money off my website alone if it can rank that good.  I'll transform the website into something other than a website to promote my business and I'll be able to make a decent amount of money pretty easily.....on autopilot!  As to how I plan to do this....I'll let y'all know once I'm doing it.  Good day. :smile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
:goodluck  I highly doubt you'll be able to retire, but I suppose you can make a decent amount of money.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:goodluck   Even if you don't make enough to retire the extra money will still be good indeed.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 11 2010 on  05:29 AM
:goodluck  I highly doubt you'll be able to retire, but I suppose you can make a decent amount of money.
Oh trust me, I'll be able to retire.  Maybe not on the income of that one website alone, but if I can set up several online sites like this my income will skyrocket.  I easily have the potential to bring in 600k+ per year once I get things pretty settled.  Of course all that won't come from one website, but if I just keep investing in website after website, I'll have it made. :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm Now On Page 2 For "Computer Repair" (no quotes) In Google!

I can't frickin' believe it!  I'm so excited!  Now you might not be able to see this if you're using the Google other than the Google in the US, but in Google US, I'm on page #2 for "computer repair" (no quotes)!

:D  :lol:  :smile  :angel  :yes  :wave  :D  :lol:  :smile  :angel  :yes  :wave  :D  :lol:  :smile  :angel  :yes  :wave

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
How much did you fork over to google to get there? :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 17 2010 on  06:01 AM
How much did you fork over to google to get there? :p
To Google?  Not one red cent.  But I did pay about another $160 for my linkbuilding efforts, bringing my total cost to around $500.  But it's well worth it.  Here are my current rankings:

Keyphrase:  computer repair
Position:  Page 2, result 5

Keyphrase:  minnesota computer repair
Position:  Page 1, result 7

Keyphrase:  computer repair minnesota
Position:  Page 1, result 5

Keyphrase:  minneapolis computer repair
Position:  Page 2, result 6

Keyphrase:  computer repair minneapolis
Position:  Page 2, result 2

Keyphrase:  maple grove computer repair
Position:  Page 1, result 4

Keyphrase:  computer repair maple grove
Position:  Page 1, result 5

Keyphrase:  osseo computer repair
Position:  Page 1, result 2

Keyphrase:  computer repair osseo
Position:  Page 1, result 3

Keyphrase:  minnesota used computers
Position:  Page 2, result 6

And I really do expect a large jump in all of these results.  I hope to be on page 1 for "computer repair" within the next month or so....and I might be able to be on the first 3 results.  I just have to beat Geek Squad and Gurus2Go.  It's not going to be easy, but I'm sure I can do it. :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Austin, just letting you know you're on page 2 for the dutch google as well (looking for "computer repair" without quotes) ;) Congratulations.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 22 2010 on  11:31 AM
Hey Austin, just letting you know you're on page 2 for the dutch google as well (looking for "computer repair" without quotes) ;) Congratulations.
Cool!  Thanks for letting me know. :D

So how do things stand now?  I'm getting about 500 unique visitors per month and at least 200 per month from Minnesota.  That's an extra 2,400 potential clients per year that I didn't have before!  I'm continuing my linkbuilding efforts (spent another $15 today) and I'm hoping I'll climb up to the first page the next time Google decides to update its rankings.  In the past week I've made roughly $2,000 from clients that have found my website through Google, around $400 from Craigslist, and about $200 from other sources (YellowPages.com, Yahoo Local, etc.).  This has by far become the best generator of income so far.  I've made a lot more than that, but before my largest source of income was from repeat clients.  Hell, if I can make an extra $8,000/month from my Google ranking, I'm going to be throwing a LOT more money at that website let me tell you! :lol

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Haha, just googled and found you. That's pretty impressive, dude  :smile Congratulations.
Still going to remember us common folk when you're rich?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On Google Canada, you didn't appear in the first 20 pages with
computer repair

as the search.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 23 2010 on  09:22 AM
On Google Canada, you didn't appear in the first 20 pages with
computer repair

as the search.
Canada's results have always been whacked.  I don't know why.  Canada and the US are practically the same place.  But if you search in google.ca, the first results here in the US are nowhere to be found.  Google knows my phone number and relative location and may not show my website in the results for other countries as a result of this.  But I even appear in the Philippines and Dutch Google!  I don't understand how Google serves international results because I've never cared before.  I still don't really.  No one in Canada is going to drive to me for computer repair.  Even if they do, I don't like Canadian money. :p

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm into computer repair myself. I already have certificates in Web Development and I'm currently workin' on passing the A+ test.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Continued best of luck and hope you can keep up with the number of clients you receive. :) :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you keep this up LBTlover, you might have to think of hiring someone just to keep up with all those clients.

Still, best of luck to ya! :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Wow! Sounds like you're doing pretty darn well for yourself LBTLover! I had a look but I couldn't tell which one was yours.  :p Still, looks like your budding success is definitely showing itself ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to update here.  I've been put into a temporary ranking reduction category with Google due to a mistake I made with my site.  I was testing scripts on the site (stupid idea, I know) and Google indexed those pages without my knowledge.  Suddenly my ranking dropped like a rock because Google now thought my site had like 5k pages and my sitewide keyword density went down.  It will take months and months for Google to update this.  But fortunately I'm ranking very well in Bing and Yahoo so the money is still rolling in!  Here's a recent report:

Now these aren't page numbers, they're actual numbers.  For example #1-10 is on page 1, #11-20 is on page 2, etc.  I'm really looking forward to reaching the top!  :D