The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Series Project

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Kor @Ducky123 I messaged Mumbling and they changed the name!
8 years with TGOF :yum

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is great.  I figured it would be pretty fast.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So... any ideas?  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.

cool person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
when film be raedy? I want seeing it on this week end. thanks you & good lucky to animaators of projekt. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we haven't even started... making a full movie would need years since we aren't proffesional animators. Our plan is to do a scene of maybe two or three minutes in lenght.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I am still working on the little animation treatise, things have just been a bit hectic with the holidays and all :smile

It would be best for us to start generating story ideas for this first, anyways :p
I guess we will have to agree on a way to organize some sort of discussion on the topic.

I would like to make a suggestion. As Malte said, people coming into the project with their own fan characters in mind might cause a conflict of interests. It might be better if the only fan characters we use in this are ones that we create together for use in the project, in the interest of furthering the story. It might help to ease people away from some preconceptions that could end up stalling things throughout the process. Just a thought :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, no fancharacters. Malte suggested a really interesting idea... There are audiobooks of LBT stories (I haven't listened to all of them yet) and they are not related to any of the existing movies (those I listened to yet, that is) so why not using them :) Only problem is they're in German so either Malte or I woiuld need to translate what they are saying (Malte would be better of course but I'm more likely to do it relatively fast). Anyone in favor of this?

Oh, and good that you're working on the animation treatise :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me! It keeps things simple :smile
I guess we'll just have to decide on which one to attempt to do first :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, here's my summary of the first audiobook, The Big Adventure

1. The big adventure:

Song: The Lone Dinosaur

Scene Littlefoot + Grandparents: Littlefoot wants to go playing, Grandparents remind him to be at home in time and to be careful.

Littlefoot is walking to his friends, narrator claiming that Littlefoot is annoyed by the overprotectiveness of his grandparents.

Gang is playing in a pile of treestars. They wanna go on an adventure, Littlefoot knows a possible way to the Mysterious Beyond (on the other side of the big, gravelly mountain)

Objections but they decide to go.

They spot a "tiny, green stick that crawls across the ground"

It turns out it is a caterpillar by the name "Harry", grumpy and afraid of Ducky's big feet and Spike's tummy. Leaves.

Gang starts their actual adventure, Littlefoot being in the lead and not certain about the veracity of his statement (knowing a way out of the Valley).

The Gang climbs the mountain. Intermediate destination is a "bubbling spring".

Arriving there, Ducky wants to bath whereas everybody else is exhausted, taking a break.

Ducky has fun playing with bubbles --> lack of understanding from the Gang (Cera in particular).

Spike is asleep.

Ducky gets locked in a bubble, screaming for help which is not noticed at first.

Cluelessness at first, Littlefoot suggests that Petrie should pop the bubble since they can't reach it from the land.

Petrie rises into the air and pops the bubble successfully --> Ducky is very thankful.

Gang relieved, Petrie pops all the other bubbles in the meantime so they wouldn't lock his friend again. Gang tell him that they are getting up anyway so he returns to them.

Gang continues their climb, ranting about their parents' objections. In the course of the conversation, Ducky states that, if she had been already grown-up, she would have freed herself on her own.

Littlefoot tells them that after the next bend there would be "dangerous ravines" --> Petrie is afraid and Ducky asks if they would encounter any bubbles on their way.

Cera balances on a precipise. Gangs utters warnings but Cera doesn't listen --> looses her footing clinging to the edge.

Littlefoot, under help of Ducky, rescues Cera. Cera admits her fault, being under fire from Petrie and Ducky.

Littlefoot is proud of the fact that he and his friends managed some small adventures without any help from the grown-ups.

Gang passes the ravines, now passing the Thundering Waterfalls. Littlefoot's aim is the big, flattened rock on its top --> considered the highest place of the world --> they hope that there would be a path leading into the Mysterious Beyond.

Being on the top, they crawl to the edge and admire the sight. Unfortunately, it is getting dark already so they have to go back home.

Sharptooth growling in the distance

Gang thinks Littlefoot's tummy is the cause.

Littlefoot objects. They soon realise it had to be a Sharptooth. The Gang is scared and they are trying to find an escape path prior to being spotted by the raptor.

Littlefoot states that he had convinced them of following him so he would get them out as well. Spots a possible hideout, a small crevice.

Cera wants to fight the raptor but the others assure her that she can't beat a fully-grown Sharptooth.

The Gang run to the crevice and try to squeeze through which isn't a problem for Ducky at all.

They spot a path and run for it.

The Great Valley gets closer and closer but Ducky is exhausted.

They arrive at the tall trees plopping to the ground under one of the trees.

Spike falls asleep immediately.

The Gang talk about their adventure. Cera claims that she wasn't afraid and Littlefoot mentions that they wouldn't have fit through the crevice if they had been grown up and they finally admit that their folks are right in the point that the Mysterious Beyond is still too dangerous for them.

Eventually they wake up Spike (almost impossible) and head to their nests.

Narrator doing the epilogue.

Alright! What do you think? Should I post the other five audiobooks first or should I do a proper translation of this one first?

EDIT: Fixed the little mistake :) Thanks for letting me know, jansenov.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I heard of Harry the caterpillar (yet more awkwardness when Chomper appears). The only thing that sounded really wrong in your translation was "resurrecting". You should change that to "getting up".

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very cool! I like it, it looks like it will be a lot of fun :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great! :yes

So we'll try that... scene by scene I suppose. I'll try to translate the dialogue as good as I can (story format will work best I reckon). Might take me a while though, but I'll try to get it done asap :)

BTW: Who's particating? If I'm not mistaken, we got:
  • Ducky123
  • DarkWolf91
  • FreckledOne
  • bestariana1girl
  • anybody else I missed?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 OMG I'M SO SORRY!!!! I HAVE HAD SO MUCH SCHOOL TO DO X_X I'm never going to leave, don't worry. I would like to participate still?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure thing, school's a real pain on my end too *SIGH*

I'm working on the translation... hope to have it done soon

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 Phew, lol. What should I do to help :)? I'm terrible at drawing.... but I could help write the script!?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At the moment, I don't think you could do anything... As soon as I have finished translating the dialogue of the audio book, you can help discuss if we should keep it the way it is or do little changes (or come up with a completely new plot).

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 My family doesn't have the artist jeans... I feel bad lol. Once we get that settled then we an discuss what I can do xD

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 how is it going?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, seems like your busy. Good luck with the translation! :goodluck