The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 83974

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is a fun RP (with no specific plot) about 2 long tailed newcomer flyers, Jared (a light tan rhamphorhynchus) who is very shy, but friendly and funny, and his friend Luke, (a green rhamphorhynchus) with a lazy personality,

and their time together with the flyer trio, Rinkus, Pterano, & Sierra

Cast:
Jrd89- Jared

bushwacked-Luke

redtooth101- Rinkus, Pterano, & Sierra

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
In on of the many caves that littered the cliffs and mountains of the mysterious beyond where the flyer trio.
Pterano stood at the edge in the sun with his eyes closed seemingly just basking or meditating as the wind blew past him.
Rinkus sat the the edge of the shade just looking out at the landscape and sky.
Sierra was in the cave muttering to himseld about why he and Rinkus had agreed to stick with Pterano again.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, two long-tailed flyers, a tan one named Jared and a green one named Luke were flying along, when Suddenly, Jared saw a dark orange crested flyer and pink flyer sitting near a cave below that was the same kind as he and Luke were.

"Hey Luke," said Jared, I see some flyers down there. There's even a pink one that's the same kind as us. Let's go meet them.

So, they both headed down to the cave. Jared was eager to meet the pink flyer, but a little shy and nervous, too. He didn't know what the pink flyer would be like, or if it would even like him and Luke or not. Would it be nice, inviting and friendly? or would it be nasty and mean? Jared was about to find out.

As Luke and Jared landed, Rinkus looked and noticed the tan and green long-tailed flyers. He started walking toward them.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Luke stretched and eyed the pink flyer walking towards him and Jared. He nudged his friend and whispered "Who are they? I haven't seen them around before." As the pink flyer reached them, Luke stuck out his claw. "Hi" he said uncertainly.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared got nervous and uncertain, he had never seen the flyers before, either.

He waved one claw while holding his tail with the other. "H-hi" he said to the pink flyer.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Hello there, haven't seen any others of my kind for s while" Rinkus said shaking Luke's claw. Pterano opened one eye to look at the newcomers while Sierra just glared at the from inside the cave.

(One of the main rules of RP is that you don't control another's character like when you said Rinkus walked up to them, we all make mistakes and learn so don't worry too much  :D )

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Really? You haven't?" said Jared. He was a little surprised that he and Luke were the first of the pink flyers kind that he had seen in a while.

Then, Jared smiled with a toothy grin on his beak and said, "Well, my name is Jared and this is my friend Luke."

"I'm very happy and pleased to meet you. Now you'll have two fellow long tailed flyers here to keep you company."

"That is, if you'll let us stay with you. Luke and I are very friendly, we get along great, and we really won't be any trouble to you at all.  We're new here and don't have a place to live yet." Jared frowned.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I'm exhausted. That flight took it out of me." Casting a sleepy gaze around the cave, he didn't think he had ever seen such an odd trio. Under the dark glare of Sierra, Luke gulped and and pointed at him. "But do you think he'd mind us staying?" he asked Rinkus.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just a reminder bushwacked, we don't know Rinkus, Sierra, or Pterano's names yet. But it's okay to tell which character you're referring to by their name. Just don't "speak out" their names just yet until we find out what their names are. You're doing great.   :)  returning to the story, now...

*Jared looked at Sierra glaring at him and Luke from the cave that Luke was pointing at. He too gulped, got a little scared, started shaking and fidgeted with his tail*

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Rinkus looked at Pterano. "What do ya say Pterano, can they stay?" he asked the other flyer. Pterano now turned to watch Luke and Jared.

"I don't see why not, they seem friendly enough" he said with a smile. "My name is Pterano by the way"

"And I'm Rinkus" the pink flyer said also smiling and then turned to watch Sierra. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" he asked with a hint of annoyance.

Sierra just grunted.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared waved at Rinkus and Pterano with a smile on his beak.

"Hi Rinkus, hello Pterano, i'm very happy to meet you. Thanks for letting us stay.
My wings are all tired out and so are Lukes from our long flight here. we're both exhausted".

Then, Jared turned and looked at Sierra in the cave, angrily staring at him and Luke.  Then he turned back to Rinkus and Pterano.
"*Gulp*. "Why is he so angry at as for? We didn't do anything wrong." said Jared nervously.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Luke sidled up to the grey flyer at the back of the cave. The atmosphere was thick with menace. Extending a trembling wing, he grinned nervously. "Hello."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Sierra just glared at Luke some more and then glared at Luke's hand. "Just stay out-of my way" he said swatting the hand away.

"Don't mind Sierra, he's always like that" Pterano said.

"Yeah he's a good guy when ya get to know him, well sorta" Rinkus said.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Luke smiled with appreciation at Rinkus and Pterano. "Well, thanks for letting us stay. Me and Jared are really grateful."
He yawned and sat down. "So, what are you guys doing out here?"

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared sat down and leaned against a rock that was near Rinkus to rest. He really loved his new pink long tailed friend.

The rock felt cold and hard, but it would have to do for now. Jared held the tip of his tail in his right claw. "Yeah. What are you doing here?  What should Luke and I get used to here? he asked curiously.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Well other than the basic normalities of living were waiting so to speak" Pterano said.

"Yeah but while we're out here we're just resting right now" Rinkus said. "Wha' are you doing out here?" he then asked them.

(The wha' is part of Rinkus' accent if I remember correctly)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Same as you, I suppose" Luke replied, idly playing with his tail. "We've been looking for food, shelter. It's not easy, I can tell you. I've been so tired, Jared's had to do most of the work."
He looked curiously at Rinkus. "That's an interesting accent you've got."

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Guys, a side note, Today (December 5th) is "The Stone Of Cold Fire's 10th anniversary! hooray! :birthday  :celebrate  10 years of the flyer trio! *

Jared thought Rinkus's accent was interesting, too. He agreed with Luke and nodded his head.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Sorry to intrude, but I just wanna let you all know that I'm loving what you guys got here so far! *reading this with great enthusiasm, happily eating popcorn*

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Rinkus smiled. "You really think so? Thanks" he said.

"Well it would seem you two are going through the average everyday life of the Mysterious Beyond" Pterano said to them. "Quite in inhospitable place"

"So what, we been out here since we were hatch-lings, at least it helps some of us to toughen up" Sierra said.