The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If Rinkus came to your house..... ;)

Jrd89 · 16 · 2254

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's a very funny thought that came across my mind: :idea

(just play along)

Pretend you're at your house alone and all of a sudden, you hear a knock at the door.

you hear a high Australian-accented voice say "Heloooo.  Anybody there?"

It's Rinkus!  

What would happen. What would you say or do?

(Oh look. this is my 40th post. YAAAY! I'm a PETRIE!  :)
*look at all my i.d. pictures now! 2 Pteranos & 3 Petries! Now the only non-flyer in my i.d. is Ducky.

(remember, this is just Rinkus all by himself). Nobody else is with him.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I likely wouldn't answer the door.... i'd say 'mom there's somebody at the door!' and continue what i was doing (of course not knowing who it was actually doing the knocking  :angel )

Caustizer

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Since I live in a dorm, I'd be pretty dang surprised to open the door and see a pink pot-bellied flying reptile standing outside my room, and all the guys on my floor would be all "Dude, did somebody just spike my coke?  Or did a pink dinosaur REALLY walk past my room????"  :lol

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Apr 21 2010 on  11:11 PM
Pretend you're at your house alone and all of a sudden, you hear a knock at the door.

you hear a high Australian-accented voice say "Heloooo.  Anybody there?"
Sounds like I'm at the door :o.

If Rinkus was at my door, I'd probably scream "HOLY **** IT'S A PTERADON!" and then attack him with a broom. I think the sight of a large winged beast is enough to frighten even the bravest souls into Defensive Broom Mode... especially a pink one. If you don't happen to have a broom nearby, you're stuffed.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I have a fire extinguisher I can hit him with. And lots of sharp knives if he tries anything. Really sharp.  :blink:

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
to JitteryDragon: Actually Rinkus is not a Pteranodon,

he is a Rhamphorhynchus (ram-for-ink-us)

Pteranodons have big crests and very very short tails.

Rinkus has no crest, and a very long tail, so he isn't one.

Pterano & Petrie are Pteranodons.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Apr 22 2010 on  01:16 AM
to JitteryDragon: Actually Rinkus is not a Pteranodon,

he is a Rhamphorhynchus (ram-for-ink-us)
I stand corrected. You can totally tell I'm not a paleontologist.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
What would I do if he comes to my house?

Hmm... I don't know. I'd probably shoot him in the head with a .50 caliber Desert Eagle. BOOM! Headshot.

...either that, or I could just do a Billy Mays impression on him. :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd probably yell out, "There is nobody! There is only Zool!" in the most demonic voice ever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't count on my dogs to protect me.  They'd just lick him to death after demanding belly rubs :lol.  Howard would just talk his ear off and keep saying "S*** for brains!" (that's his latest phrase he's learned :lol).

As for me, I'd quickly slam down a couple bottles of Mountain Dew, fling the door open, and act like a schizophrenic psychospaz that went off their meds, hopping around like a chimpanzee on crack and screaming psychotically while throwing whatever I can grab at him.  Rinkus would be at a shrink's office in no time :lol.

Therapist: "Rinkus, sit on my couch and tell me all your problems."

I just love my random sense of humor :lol.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Depends on which parallel universe I was in. :p

Assuming the scenario took place in this world, I would be overjoyed to see a living Rhamphorhynchus, and even more excited when I found out I could talk to him. I’d probably take him into the house and drive him crazy with questions about where he came from, how he got here, if there are others like, them, and if I could see them, too. :lol

If I lived in a world where it was normal for LBT characters to appear on your doorstep, I’d probably be a lot more cautious. I’m pretty meek, and don’t like trouble, so I’d try to be polite to him; maybe ask him what he wanted (preferably without letting him inside). My actions thereafter would depend on his response. If all he wanted was food, I’d probably give it to him (assuming we had something he liked). If he was up to no good, I’d probably try to keep him from getting in the house. If worse came to worse, and he got inside the house and tried to attack me, I’d probably run and try to find something to defend myself with. I’d be most afraid of the damage his beak, teeth, and claws could cause (I imagine it would hurt to be hit by his wings as well), but there’s not a lot of space in our house for him to fly, and plenty of rooms I could lock myself in. I’d probably try to stun him (or at least hold him back) with a broom or other household object until I could trap him in a laundry basket or storage bin or something. After that...I don’t know. Call the cops? Animal control? John Hammond? :p Depends on what my options were.

In either situation, he’d would have to watch out for my psychotic cat. Sasquatch would probably think Rinkus was something new to play with, and chaos would ensue. :lol

P.S. I'm not great at identifying accents, but Jared, I'm pretty sure Rinkus has a Cockney (English) accent, not an Australian one.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I think I'd shoot him. :p I don't know what else to say.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I would ask him a bunch of questions...

Now if Sierra were to come in, oh boy, I would probably have to fight for my life.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 22 2010 on  08:59 PM
Now if Sierra were to come in, oh boy, I would probably have to fight for my life.
Yeah, really.  He's got homicidal psychopath written allover him :blink:.

The only firearm I have is a BB gun.  I am quite terrified of guns and prefer not to have any except for BB guns, paintball guns, toy guns, lazer guns, and squirt guns (the kind that can't really kill people).  I'd be okay with a taser gun :yes.

Just imagine: Sierra...killed by squirt gun :lol.

Seriously, if he came, I've got a drawer full of knives in the kitchen (we call it the "Slasher Drawer", since too often one of us reaches in the drawer for a knife and gets scratched or cut :p).  I could just throw the contents at Sierra :idea.

Okay, here's what I'd do: Pull the "act like a chimp on crack stunt" mentioned in my previous post while throwing knives at Sierra :lol.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I just wrote up another thread about what i'd do if Pterano came to visit. (Check it out)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx