The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If Ali Came to your House?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm continuing the trend.  I picked Ali because CT stole my chance of both Cera and Ducky. :P:

First off, I'd be quite surprised to see a female longneck at my front door.  I would probably wonder if I was having a dream of some kind.  After I realize it's not, I'd invite her in, offer her a salad and ask her a few questions.  Especially, "How could she fall for Ret's lies" and "How she really feels about Littlefoot"? ;)

Okay everyone, take it away!

ScratteLover2

Well, since Ali is my favorite characters in The Land Before Time, I would probaly be surprised that she came to house.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'd probably mistake her for Littlefoot and she'd probably get pissed. :p Though to be perfectly honest, if any LBT character showed up at my door, I don't think I'd answer it.  I'd think I had either gone crazy or that someone was playing a practical joke on me.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd been putting off posting this because I knew this whole thing was a fad that would blow over, but upon it's resurface I feel I must give a realistic answer. My answer's the same no matter what character came to my apartment.

First, I'd refuse to open the door because as we've discussed in the General Land Before Time section, sizing issues would mean most of the main characters are too large to fit through my door. That means I probably would be unable to guess what the giant monstrosity is, and I'd be scared out of my wits.

Then I'd be forced to watch as they slowly suffocated to death because the oxygen levels of the Mesozoic were much higher than nowadays, and they would be unable to get enough oxygen to their brain to function.

(For Ali's case in particular, the way she holds her neck would also make it impossible for her heart to pump enough blood up her neck to her brain; the vertical distance would be too long and her heart not powerful enough. That's why scientists nowadays think sauropods held their necks parallel to the ground.)

Now that I'm trapped in my apartment behind a wall of dead flesh, I'd be forced to wait until somebody cut me out, and then in the ensuing media coverage I'd get maybe a couple interviews, until public interest faded and I get kicked out of my apartment for violating the Quartering of Live Animals policy.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Honestly, that's got to be the most cynical post I've ever seen in one of these threads. :rolleyes With all due respect, LB&T, if you don't like them, you don't have to post in them.

Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 15 2010 on  07:23 PM
Then I'd be forced to watch as they slowly suffocated to death because the oxygen levels of the Mesozoic were much higher than nowadays, and they would be unable to get enough oxygen to their brain to function.
Actually, Mesozoic oxygen levels are believed to have been LOWER than present-day levels. I don't know how much oxygen would be TOO MUCH for a dinosaur, or if the 21st century atmosphere contains that amount, but that's what a LBT character would have to be concerned about, if anything.

(For Ali's case in particular, the way she holds her neck would also make it impossible for her heart to pump enough blood up her neck to her brain; the vertical distance would be too long and her heart not powerful enough. That's why scientists nowadays think sauropods held their necks parallel to the ground.)
Actually, a study was published last year stating that it's entirely possible that sauropods DID hold their necks up. My college biology professor has also suggested to me that the blood vessels in the neck could have contain a system of valves that would have prevented blood from flowing back down.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.