The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do any lbt characters remind you of...

stars · 11 · 1944

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i thought this would be a neat topic to have fun with. share who or what looks like or reminds you of a land before time character it can be a family member, a friend, a pet of someone or any animal alive today be nice when doing this watch what you say because it may cause hard feelings i dont want anyone to take something the wrong way.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i will start one first an animal the reminds me of a lbt character is a rino looks like a threehorn.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hmmm...well...Spike reminds me of a dog...

Ducky reminds me of my mom a little bit. Since my mom has a habit of speaking without contractions, i.e: Cannot instead of "can't"

And Little Foot reminds me of myself when I was younger. I use to sound a lot like him :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Mr. Threehorn. He's as stubborn and mule-headed as my next-door neighbors
(names will be withheld to protect the innocent)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In fact Don Bluth wrote that Spike was to some degree designed after a dog he had known. Bluth wrote an article about this in the issue of his "Toon Talk" magazine which dealt with LBT in particular.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 17 2008 on  12:50 AM
In fact Don Bluth wrote that Spike was to some degree designed after a dog he had known. Bluth wrote an article about this in the issue of his "Toon Talk" magazine which dealt with LBT in particular.
Interesting, I'd never have known.  I wonder if that is why he never speaks during the first movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think Bluth was explicit about that point in his article. This weekend I'm moving to a new place and today I brought most of my LBT stuff there, including that Toontalk magazine in which the article is printed. Therefore I cannot check it out at the moment, but I will as soon as I can.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 16 2008 on  09:50 PM
Ok getting off topic here:

Actually...what's ironic is that there is already a character Spike in the Rugrats, who is indeed a dog and doesn't talk obviously... :P: but he talks in one of the movies, it was a cross over between the Wild Thornberrys and the Rugrats. They are similar in some ways....

But yeah, nice observation and info Malte. :)

On-topic: Oh yeah...Mr. Three Horn reminds me of a few conservatives I know :p and Pterano reminds me of a cousin's dad who was immature and a liar :p I feel bad for my cousin because of this :p But Pterano does remind me of every single scared, insecure adult that's out there....

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The joining of a great fan of Spike reminded me that I had promised to post that article about him from Don Bluth's Toon Talk magazine. However, as I think that this is a thread where it will easily get lost, I will post it in the character discussion section in the thread about Spike.