The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Songs Lyrics

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry!  You're absolutely right, I did change the link :bang  
Here's the new one:
I let the Network54 forum know, but I completely forgot to let everyone here know of the change:  :blink:

http://www.freewebs.com/action9000/songshome.htm

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Awesome job!
It's really great to have all the lyrics at one place at last! :)
I typed of the German lyrics of "If we hold on together" as well, and uploaded them to the account where the other songs are (the file is titled ifweholdongerman). I don't know if you mean to include them on the page as the French lyrics aren't there yet. Of course it would be only a minority who would understand the lyrics, and the German translation (sung by only one female voice by the way, and not by a speaker from the movies) is sort of cheesy in parts.
I leave it to you to decide wether or not to include the foreign language version.
Thank you for creating the page. Everyone would have said it was high time and you just came and did it  :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I shall get right on with adding the multilingual versions of the songs.  I spent a bit of time yesterday working on the End Credits midi, and catching up on sleep  :lol so I haven't yet gotten around to updating the web site with the new songs.  
Thank you for uploading the German version though.  I'll post it on the site, along with the French version, and the "Bestest Friends/If We Hold On Together" mix this evening, when I get home from college.

*EDIT* The document files are now up and running, for the English, French, and German versions of "If We Hold On Together."
I'll get the Bestest Friends mix up shortly.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*Pinned*
This page could be a Very handy reference for newcomers and GoF old-timers, alike  :wow
Good work, everyone!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My topic... pinned? :blink:

I've never had such an honor! :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No trouble at all  :wow  Thanks again for starting the topic; this is great!

Speaking of which, I have added the "If We Hold On Together / Bestest Friends" lyrics from this topic, onto the site.  Thank you, Threehorn   :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Howdy!

By any chance, does anyone have the lyrics to "Flip, Flap, and Fly"?  I'd like to add the song to the lyrics database if anyone knows the words to it  :DD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Feb 26 2006 on  04:54 PM
Howdy!

By any chance, does anyone have the lyrics to "Flip, Flap, and Fly"?  I'd like to add the song to the lyrics database if anyone knows the words to it  :DD
I have a strange feeling that we won't see the lyrics to that until LBT 12 finally comes out in 2007.

Of course, I hope that others keep track of the songs in the upcoming series.  I hear there's going to be one every episode.  As well as an opening song for when it comes on.

So, as you can see, when 2007 rolls round, there's going to be alot of work to be done.

Hope you're up to it. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
have a strange feeling that we won't see the lyrics to that until LBT 12 finally comes out in 2007.

I had a feeling that would be true.  Oh well  :P:

So, as you can see, when 2007 rolls round, there's going to be alot of work to be done.

Hope you're up to it.

You bet  :D
Providing that I have Internet access at this time, which I almost certainly will, I shall keep the website updated as I can obtain the lyrics to the songs that appear throughout 2007 and beyond.  :DD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, in a strange way, when you sing the End Credits version of No One Has to be Alone, it almost seems to have the same rythem as that of a certian Christmas Song.

I can't pinpoint which one, but it seems to be like that. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You know, in a strange way, when you sing the End Credits version of No One Has to be Alone, it almost seems to have the same rythem as that of a certian Christmas Song.

I have a guess:

This song reminds me a little bit of "Christmas to Remember" by Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton :p

"You make this a Christmas to remember.  
Springtime feelings in the middle of December" :lol
could this be it?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Mar 12 2006 on  07:36 PM
This song reminds me a little bit of "Christmas to Remember" by Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton :p

"You make this a Christmas to remember.  
Springtime feelings in the middle of December" :lol
could this be it?
Hmm, I think I heard that one once or twice in my life.  That might be it.

Who knows, maybe the writer of No One Has to be Alone was inspired by Christmas to Remember.  So much, that he just had to put in the rythem. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
It does?  :huh:  (never heard that song but I couldn't think of any Christmas tunes where the melody is the same)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We're referring to the rhythm, not the melody.  In a way, this Christmas song has a similar rhythm to "No One Has To Be Alone", though the comparison is quite vague.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, you know, I was looking at your list, and noticed one was missing.  I don't remember the lyrics to it, but I at least know the title. :p

It's called "Stupid Stompers".  It is sung at the end of LBT 11.  Not the best song, but still... it is a LBT song. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's called "Stupid Stompers".
You're right, I did mess up.  I didn't forget to do the lyrics for the song.  What I Did do, is forget to make a link for it on the "Sort By Song Title".  You can find it if you sort by movie.  I'll fix that right away.  Thanks for noticing! B)

Here's a direct link for now.
http://www.freewebs.com/action9000/Songs/stupidstompers.htm

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I found something you messed up on.

In the song, "Bestest Friends", you have this one line sang by Petrie:

"But thisI do believe,"

Tell me, when have we even known Petrie to say "I", save from the first movie, even in a song.

This is what the little flyer actually sang:

"But this me do believe,"

Please fix the mistake. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoooops! :bang

Ok, both the Stupid Stompers and the Bestest Friends errors have been fixed now.  Thanks for pointing those out! :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Petrie actually does say "I" twice:

Ducky: You cannot fly?  But how did you get way up there?
Petrie: I climb.

And later on:

Petrie: I'm flying! I'm flying!  I'm flyyiiiiing!

Other than that, no, he's never used proper English.  <_<

EDIT: Oops, I see you mentioned that "save the first film". :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Howdy everyone!
I'm just announcing that my LBT songs website now has a guestbook.  Please, sign away! B)  :D

http://www.freewebs.com/action9000/songshome.htm

I also added a Shoutbox, which is basically a mini-chatroom where people can leave messages.  It can be found on the left side of my homepage.  Feel free to post and chat in it.  Please keep it clean though.