The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 70766

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Unless you have valid, CONFIRMED information regarding the Land Before Time, do not start LBT 14 topics with titles, new characters, or any unofficial garbage like that.  This only confuses people.

As of July 5, 2009 we know that the LBT offices in Universal are CLOSED and there is no new LBT material being made or produced at this present time.  This means there is no season 2 and no LBT 14.

Do NOT post information from these sites because they are unreliable sources:

- wikipedia
- imdb
- tv.com
- The Land Before Time wiki

Your post will be removed immediately if information is posted from these sites.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
RIP Land Before Time.  In all honesty though I never thought it would go on for as long as it has - its over 20 years old now.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not losin' hope yet.  It has not been confirmed that LBT has been discontinued.  Universal has simply left its LBT fans in the dark regarding the fate of LBT <_<.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, in spite of what I am saying about these rumors I haven't given up all hope for further releases either. My point here is mainly to prevent the spreading of false hopes through obviously untrue rumors. I am not out to take away any hopes that are not based on wishful thinking only.
My most important point however is that even in case there was never to be another official release, LBT has by now become something for me that is not dependent of the official releases anymore. If tomorrow every single movie maker in the world would swear a holy public oath never ever to make anything LBT related again, it would not change my enthusiasm for LBT one bit. I think with the GOF and with our own fanworks of all kinds we have built up something that is not based on so weak a foundation that the decisions in some moviemakers office could break it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jul 6 2009 on  12:40 AM
I'm not losin' hope yet.  It has not been confirmed that LBT has been discontinued.  Universal has simply left its LBT fans in the dark regarding the fate of LBT <_<.
I'm not trying to promote that...I'm merely saying that the GOF needs to hold itself higher than the rumor mill known as wikipedia and give accurate information to visitors.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You should probably add the Land Before Time Wiki to that list, Petrie. We delete it when it comes up, but there've already been people here who cited our vandalism as a source for LBT 14.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope for More Releases especially for the Series

MuchAdoAboutNonny

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm guessing this probably includes the rumors of a fifteenth movie as well.  Darn it..."Quest of the Longneck Princess" on the LBT Wiki sounded interesting to me.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think the closing of the studios which produced LBT now allows the fans to finally have a say in what they think the story should entitle. I'm not saying officially, but they get the chance to experiment with their own creativity and imaginations as to what the characters should go through, which is evident through all the fanfics we see today.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Sep 30 2009 on  05:05 AM
I think the closing of the studios which produced LBT now allows the fans to finally have a say in what they think the story should entitle. I'm not saying officially, but they get the chance to experiment with their own creativity and imaginations as to what the characters should go through, which is evident through all the fanfics we see today.
 :yes They thought of that title too for LBT 14. We doubt it's real.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Plus I don't think the characters would even know what a princess is in terms. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the movies have ever used King or Queen in them, so I doubt princess would make any sense. Then again, if it were real, it could have implied the return of Ali, which would have been helpful because her appearance in the TV series was just plain wrong.

Oh well. Could be a nice plot for a fanfic.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
So this is a fake, isn't it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Before_Time_XIV

"The Land Before Time XIV is a 2010 animated upcoming film. It stars Jordan Nagai, Chlo” Moretz, Madison Pettis, Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, Grey DeLisle and Zachary Gordon."
Plot: TBA

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Nov 29 2009 on  03:34 PM
I don't like ruby.
Me neither.. doesn't fit to the gang. Just a bad idea from that new female director.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ Weren't the TV episodes done by Charles Grosvenor as well?
Personally I didn't find the TV series as bad as many seem to. The stories were shorter of course, but I prefered that over stories of lacking content being drawn out artificially in order to stretch it to a sequel's length as has been the case with some of the later sequels. I had very low expectations to the TV series, but still these were surpassed. By most of the episodes I have seen so far. As for Ruby I really think she did fill up some of the gaps not covered by any of the existing characters' personalities but she is lacking a background story so far.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wish I could say this is for real.  In the past, anything on Wikipedia regarding a new LBT sequel was in red with a message claiming it could not be verified, or somethin' along those lines, but this looks plausible, I guess :unsure:.  To be safe, I'll wait until we know for sure ;).  I really hope it's for real :).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I checked pages of the different actors named in that Wikipedia article. Not one of those includes any mention of a future LBT movie in the actor's bio (while on an earlier occasion a mention in an actor's bio was the first "official" hint to a future LBT movie we got).
I doubt though that there would be really such an all round change of voice actors to begin with. They did have to save money on voice actors in LBT 13 (that's why Littlefoot's grandma but not Littlefoot's grandpa had a speaking role in that one), but some of the actors mentioned in that article may well be more expensive than the actors who have done the voices of the characters so far.
I have no idea on which basis someone picks actors for a fake article on an alleged LBT sequel, but chances for this one to hold any substance are regretably about 0.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, Frank Welker and Jim Cummings would be considered returning cast members.  Frank Welker voiced the Spinosaurus in LBT XII, and Jim Cummings voiced Sierra in LBT VII.  As for the new cast, I came up with a possible explanation today :idea.  The Gang are most likely aound ten to twelve years of age, right?  After recently reading a post on the GOF regarding Aria Curzon's voice deepening throughout the series due to puberty, I think I figured it out: the voice cast is aging :neutral.  The voice never stops aging as long as the body continues to age, and the cast of twenty and thirty-somethings that have portrayed the Gang for the last decade are losing their abilities to continue to sound childlike as time passes :yes.  I've even noticed over the years that Cera's voice sounds like it has aged :confused.  So, why not bring in some new actors who really are ten to twelve years of age and keep the Gang sounding like ten to twelve years of age?  That would be the wise thing for Universal to do, rather than havin' folks aged twenty and over try to portray ten to twelve year-olds :yes.  That'd be like those "teen" movies in which actors who are twenty-five and older play high school-aged folks :rolleyes:  :crazy.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm highly doubtful that this is real but I don't know, this time it just seems different.  In the past these fake LBT 14 pages always had some title like "the great meteor" or some horrible joke like that.  This time though no title is mentioned at all, in fact there is nothing there to suggest this was but up by an LBT hater.  Plus add the fact that some voice actors were put up, thats something that would require a little research and just doesn't make sense to do if the person wasn't serious.  Add the fact that control of NBC Universal is shifting from GE to Comcast and I get a funny feeling about this one, its just too different from the past fake announcements.  We'll see, odds are its wrong anyway.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My instinct tells me this time is different, but we'll see :yes.