The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 63274

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thank you again for this wonderful drawing! :) Taunt's combination of a mischievous smile, amused eyes, and kind expression really sums up the character in this one image. I almost imagine him in this image posing for a photograph (those darn rainbowfaces and their technology :p ) while plotting his next prank on the pack that puts up with him. :DD

Thanks again, Rhombus! Your characters are always a lot of fun to draw :smile

Wonderful drawing as always! I like the new line-style, I especially love the way you draw the shadows! Also, just as Rhombus said, his expression really fits his character :)

Thanks! It was good to try something new :D

New awesome drawing by DarkWolf! ^^
Can't add anything more - he looks cool!

Thanks, Snik! Glad you like it!

That's a really great drawing with nice colors and a good feeling to it! Taunt's expression, as others already said, is spot-on and it fits the character perfectly. Also, the overall look of the drawing is really pleasant and I think it is at least partly because of your experimenting. It's awesome to see more art from you and this picture is a really impressive one! Good job :)littlefoot

Thank you! I really enjoy drawing Taunt, and I'm glad the experimenting worked out! It doesn't always :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a tendency to miss these updates :p

Well, what should I say? Taunt looks like... Taunt and you've drawn him as wonderful as ever! ^^spike

About the lines... I used to draw rather thick lineart and, in hindsight, I'm growing more and more fond of it again :p
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Oct 29 2017 on  11:16 PM
I have a tendency to miss these updates :p

Well, what should I say? Taunt looks like... Taunt and you've drawn him as wonderful as ever! ^^spike

About the lines... I used to draw rather thick lineart and, in hindsight, I'm growing more and more fond of it again :p
Heheh, thanks!

Yeah, I go back and forth on line-art thickness, but I've found that this way helps me keep up a good level of quality without taking foreeeeever to complete.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Next commission for Rhombus- Seeker!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:19:20 PM by DarkWolf91 »

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! That is awesome! whit what did you paint this?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:30:44 PM by LeventeII »

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LeventeII on Jan 6 2018, 10:29:49 PM
Wow! That is awesome! whit what did you paint this?
Thank you :smile
For this one, I used Photoshop CC

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
In my view it looks like a real painting! you can handle it very good! :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
:wow That's some really amazing work! The feathers look absolutely awesome and natural here, in fact better than in any of your drawings before! The shadowing is another thing I have to point out as they emphasize the nice feeling of the picture. Also, Seeker's eyes look awesome as they have some really sweet details which do justice to the character's thoughtfulness and cold cunning. The one thing I think is off here, however, is the head's size. It seems too big in this drawing. But despite that small detail, it's great to see another great piece of art from you! Great job! :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to reiterate what I said in the personal message in that I think this is one of your strongest drawings to date.  :) I think that you accomplished the task of getting the proportions correct in a rather difficult pose quite nicely.  It is very easy, when the subject of a drawing is facing one direction but is closer to the perspective of the viewer, to get the dimensions off.  I am left with the impression when viewing this drawing that Seeker is looking at something in the distance that only he can see.  That he could be seeking a physical path to a new location, or a mental path to accomplish a goal, but all the while he is trying to do so in a way where he can stare at his reflection the next day and still sing his pack song with pride.  This is complimented by his still brown eyes in the drawing, hinting that the character of Littlefoot still exists in his new form, creating a dichotomy that is both beautiful and haunting. Excellent job!  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for the feedback, guys! It means a lot to me! I always mean to come back the next day to respond, buuuut sometimes that doesn't happen :oops
I'll try to be better about it in the future! For now, here's another commission for Rhombus, Mender, from his and Historian's "Mernder's Tale." :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is excellent!  :wow  The shading really highlights her focus on the task in front of her as she carefully picks out the proper plants for her next procedure.  I think the simple background, coupled with the focus on the tree, the fern, the vine above, and the plant being collected, helps to focus the reader on the relevant details of the drawing itself, which was a nice touch. The forested background further highlights the need for a discriminating eye in determining the proper plants among the multitudes in the jungle.  Her eyes, on the other hand, hint at an innate intelligence and budding confidence that has been nurtured since her ascent into adulthood.  You have truly outdid yourself with this one!  :DD  Thank you again!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
somehow I pictured Mender completely different... nice job xD
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While I, too, imagined Mender to look slightly different, the picture itself is really great as always! Her expression suits the character nicely as she looks highly thoughtful and calculative about what kind of herbs she's gathering. However, perhaps even more than Mender herself, I think the background is one of your best ones yet. The shady forest is always a great choice and the silhouettes of trees and overall dark atmosphere creates an excellent feeling to this drawing. :DD Even then, I get the feeling that the outlines on Mender in particular aren't quite as sharp as, say, in the Taunt drawing which looks rather weird. However, it may be partly due to the impression of shade so it isn't too distracting. Awesome job again. :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys! Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to read Mender's Tale, so this interpretation is based on a loose description. It's possible my way of drawing her might change a bit when I get the chance to read it :smile

Thanks for the input on the lines, Sovereign! I have trouble doing consistent lines in Photoshop, and I think I may have been using this brush at too low of a resolution. While the lines look fine on their own, they are very graphic in style and don't really fit with the painted background. I went ahead and re-lined it real quick tonight. Ah, the wonders of technology  :p

I'm going to leave the one above up for comparison. (Rhombus, I'll e-mail you this version too :D )

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Turns out I haven't commented on the last 3 that you've done  :oops

They're all great of course but the softer edges for both the shadows and brighter scales really help with the look of Mender compared to the more flat lines of your previous Taunt drawing!
I didn't mind the thicker lines but I felt like it did kinda clash with the plants she was holding as they had no lines. The finer lines look a lot better in this regard.

Awesome job! :DD

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, Flathead!

So, here is a last minute entry for the fanart prompt :smile
I imagine the gang celebrating the end of the cold times with a nice long sunbath. It's exactly how I was celebrating the other day :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
So awesome to see when you draw original gang character in their original form. :D
Huh, they kinda remind me, when I am looking at fading cold times here, tired, but happy to see coming spring!
Love it!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's quite a simple but still very nice drawing! :) I quite like the more relaxed feeling in this one and the characters' expressions, especially Spike's, create a great atmosphere here. The background isn't too detailed but it isn't too bothering. This is a nice look on the Gang's less hectic moments and it really fits the prompt nicely. Great job!  :yes
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:15:48 PM by Sovereign »