The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

10 years The Land Before Time forum!

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations!

Has 10 years really passed with the good old network54-com forum!?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I wonder if the founder of the board whom I tried to find again ever saw how long the board was active and how active it became.
One thing is pretty much certain, if it hadn't been for the N54 forum there wouldn't be the GOF today.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a very cool milestone, one that I never would have thought about. Very awesome, DaddyTopps2009!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I'd never even heard of this forum until today (this is it, right?), but wow! Ten years?! That's an achievement! (That would mean it's been around almost half as long as LBT itself! :wow) And if, as Malte said, it was an essential precursor to the GOF, then I owe it a great debt of gratitude. Thank you, N54! :D

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It was the first ever other land before time forum I ever found. My first post there dates from August 1st 2000 and I still have contact with the LBT fan to whom it was written though she never joined the GOF and hasn't written in the N54 forum in many years.
It was there that many of our members got to know each other, Adam, Jason, Nick, Pokeplayer, WeirdRaptor, F-22, Threehorn, and Noname are just some of us in the GOF who used to post at N54 before the GOF was created.
Not all who posted at N54 made the jump to the GOF and not all who were at N54 and registered at the GOF became active posters at the later :neutral
But the N54 forum will always have a special meaning to me (and I suppose to many others) as a place where much took it's beginning. At the very least it is a great archive of interesting messages which by now begin to have almost historical value :)

PS: Yes Pangea, the forum linked to in your message (and in one of the links at the top of the GOF) is the one.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
aaand...

only now I found network54 LBT forum.  :unsure:

well, actually, I believe I visted it once years ago when I clicked on sites links on this site's footer.
Was it really predecessor of this forum?? Oo
(and it is still active? wow)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Does this mean we should do a Great Longneck Migration? Or at least watch LBT X: The Great Longneck Migration to celebrate?  :DD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Well, this was 9 years ago, so I don't think we have to celebrate anymore.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's what I find rather interesting, the original Land Before Time movie came out back in 1988, long before the internet as we know it ever existed. Of course, once the internet became more accessible, and with new sequels coming out once a year, it was only a matter of time before some fansite would finally be created, and network54 happened to be the very first one (ten years before 2009, so that means it all started way back in 1999). And if I'm remembering my history correct, this forum we all know and love, Gang of Five, was started in 2004, so while it wasn't the very first one, this forum has definitely been the most enduring LBT fansite.

Considering we are now approaching 18 years since the founding of that old network, I find it rather notable that apparently the only member of that old network who's still active to this day is Nick. Everyone else is either less active or has simply moved on to other things.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Nick is only? Wow, so formally he's the eldest active user? :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412