The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sharptooth Poll 2018 Edition

Hypno · 10 · 2002

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This is a poll that I myself have been thinking about making for a long time. This is the official sequel to an old and outdated poll which can be found here. The poll itself is outdated and therefore is missing some sharpteeth that were simply not added as well as the ones from the fourteenth film. At least one sharptooth from each movie will be included in the poll.

This time around, there will be a few changes, additions and removals:
-For this new poll, I will be adding sharpteeth that were missing such as the Ankylosaur-butchering fast biters from VII and the featherhead and horned sharpteeth from XIV.
-Perhaps the biggest change is that the original sharptooth will not be included in this poll. Dr. Rex gave the idea for a new poll not including him so I am going to roll with it. Chomper is not going to be included in the poll either. Those two would obviously be the top picks so I'd like to see what other sharpteeth people like.
-I'll be making things a little more easy to understand this time around ("Crusher and 2 other Sharpteeth from LBT 10" is pretty confusing so I'll do better than the me in 2015).

And with all that, the main question is: what is your favorite sharptooth from the sequels and television series? Make sure to give your reasoning in your post below.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think I ended up participating in the last poll so I'll join in on this one and I do agree it's a good idea to keep Chomper and Sharptooth out of this for the sake of variety.

I ended up going with the spinosaurus as I enjoy the fact the it stands out as one of the more unique looking compared to the rest, even though it's role was borderline non-existent in the movie. I also might have an attachment to it as it's the first full sized drawing that I did in 2017.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Not including Sharptooth?
Wow, I see you're very risky man! XD
Just make sure he doesn't know about this poll... I don't want to see you're missing...

Anyway: LBT5 green unstoppable  beast.
2nd is LBT9 atmospheric sharktooth.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:57:20 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 8 sharptooth. It's probably nostalgia, the guy didn't kick ass much, but I like him a little more than the rest. Though I guess I could also vote for Chomper's parents if I wanted to but my view on them is highly biased from rhombus' stories :P
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I went with the sharptooth swimmer from the ninth film as it seemed to actually pose a clear threat to the Gang and it seemed much scarier than many others from the list. Actually, it seemed for a moment that it had actually gotten something done (from the predator's pow) but even this brief moment of "triumph" was more than any other carnivore on the list achieved. Also, it wasn't defeated with any too obvious way like some other sharpteeth. Even the fight itself seemed more dynamic and intense than, say the ones with the mountain sharptooth or the green predator from the fifth film, imo.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Hey, you addressed my concerns! Thank you! I feel so appreciated. :P

Anyway, I have lots of favorites, but if I had to choose one option, I picked the Sharptooth trio from LBT X. That's because it was the first time I ever saw three T-rexes (my favorite dinosaur) onscreen as opposed to just one or two. It just blew my mind as a child.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My favorite is The Horned Sharptooth from Journey of the Brave. I chose him because Carnotairis has been a favorite carnivore of mine since Disney’s Dinosaur. I also found him to be the most like the original Sharptooth in that He was ferocious and leapt with supernatural strength in the same manner as Sharptooth. An aspect I would have loved to see was the Horned Sharptooth use his head in head butt (bartering ram); turning his horns into spears! :DD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
hey, it supposed to be a forum poll here?

Is so - then what, it didn't transfer with forum? Forum issue?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Where is my poll??
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Where is my poll??

The Featherheaded Sharpteeth pulled the poll down at the behest of Diplodocus Morris who backed another candidate, The Meanest Sharptooth. :DD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith