The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My wisdom teeth

Jrd89 · 47 · 6753

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess also soft foods only.  Sounds like it's going well for you.  Good luck on a very speedy recovery.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You started this thread over a year ago. How could your wisdom teeth still possibly be a current event? The post-surgery recovery takes maybe a month at most.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You started this thread over a year ago. How could your wisdom teeth still possibly be a current event? The post-surgery recovery takes maybe a month at most.

Because I had the top 2 wisdom teeth pulled out 2 days ago on November 12th. There was a long "buildup to getting them pulled out" period before that.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, at the end of the 4th day after the pulling. I've stopped using the ibuprofen. I'm not feeling any more pain or soreness. I'm not bleeding anymore, there's no more blood in my spit, and i'm returning to my normal straw usage tomorrow. I'm getting used to the puffy feel of the empty areas in the top of my mouth where the 2 teeth once were. I'm still taking it really gentle to those healing areas, i'm still going to wait more time until I eat any hard foods, like nacho chips or nuts, to be safe.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
After getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I was able to eat all the ice cream, pudding and jello I wanted.

Although, I hated the feeling of gauze in my mouth. :x  

I was 17 when I had four wisdom teeth pulled. It wasn't scary at all. The other thing I hated was gargling with warm and salty water. My mouth hurt for a few days after getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

:)  :neutral

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Technically, dairy is not the best idea right after getting teeth pulled. For a brief while I had to sip broth, but I don't remember really. I just know you're not supposed to do dairy or straws.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
For the dairy products, that might not have been the best idea. I never used a straw; I used a spoon for my chocolate milkshake. I also would have chicken broth and I rinsed with salt water after every time I ate soft foods or drank. My favorite type of soft food that wasn't too cold is instant chocolate pudding.

Still, I hate the feeling of gauze in my mouth even though it was over seven years ago.

The real treat after having my teeth pulled was the pain disappearing from my mouth.

:)  :smile  :D  :)  :p