The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sharptooth in the series?

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What are we really asking for when asking for the "favorite" sharptooth?

I was just asking which Sharptooth was the more awesome and all that.  :p

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: TheNumberOneShmuck,Aug 18 2007 on  09:30 PM
Quote from: TheNumberOneShmuck on  
I did consider that one, but it kinda gets brought down by the part where it got stuck in a tree while chasing a pair of toddlers.
Hey, at least he was acting like a real predator, sneaking up on his prey, then trying to ambush them. I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I don't think it noticed the trees because its head was so low to the ground. It was completely focused on the twins...plus the two tree only stopped it momentarily.

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/
The sharptooth in the fifth movie was actually a Giganotosaurus. I just found that out on the WikiPedia article for it. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Befo...sterious_Island

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that the Sharptooth of LBT 5 was probably a Giganotosaurus (there was a long discussion in the N54 land before time forum on the species of that sharptooth). In general however Wikipedia is rarely an accurate source if it comes to LBT movies. Many rumors bare of any facts were started by people posting whatever came to their mind at wikipedia and other people taking serious whatever was posted there.
I was just asking which Sharptooth was the more awesome and all that.
I can't really say that this clarifies the question. People may consider Chomper awesome for being nice and cute and people may consider one of the "evil" (very unfitting term) sharpteeth awesome for being more impressive, powerful, intimidating... you name it.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The sharptooth in the fifth movie was actually a Giganotosaurus.

Oh, OK.  :slap  

God, I feel dumb. I guess I need to study my dinos more. :unsure:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of the choices I chose Chomper.  Some of the others I do not know which ones they are, I guess since I"m no paleontologist so do not instinctively know species names.  Chomper does get some good reaction lines in certain scenes.

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Of course Chomper. I find the sharptooth in the first movie to be the scariest.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 The first Sharptooth was the best, quick, lethal and returned from a near-death experience ;) .
 Chomper is a favourite of many, and since he may become as deadly as the first Sharptooth, wow, that is scary (except for Littlefoot and the rest  :^.^: ).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I can't vote because I like Chomper just as a character.

I absolutely loved The Sharptooth (original LBT) because he was the most hardcore of the sharpteeth and the fact that he was almost invincible.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still stick with Chomper as my main first favorite.  For the second Chomper's parents, who get a few funny lines in I think the fifth movie.  "Sometimes I worry about that boy."  "Nothing that smells like that can be good to eat."  

Third would likely be the Sharptooth in the first movie.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Already said it, will say it again. Chomper.

I mean, he was adorable as a hatchling, he sang in one of my most favorite of songs, and he's Tyrannosaur and I love Rexes!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Definitely the original. That guy just wouldn't quit. Chomper would be my 2nd pick, only because when I read the title of this forum, I didn't even think of Chomper (he's never really qualified as a bona fide sharptooth in my opinion).

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
As much as i like the sharpteeth in the whole land before time i pick Chomper to be my favorite sharptooh because he is cute and nice and one of the main sharpteeh but i still like the others as well and the bad sharpteeth make the movies and show exciting.  :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess in most polls it'll be the original sharptooth and Chomper being the 2 highest.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus) in The Land Before Time XIV: The Journey of the Brave. But by default it is Chomper. I use to like the Original Sharptooth, but he kinda creeps me out now.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 18 2017 on  09:06 AM
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus)
O_o
why?