The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What Was the Last Thing You Did?

Serris · 33 · 5134

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got done preparing the histology quiz for tomorrow's lab.  I certainly hope that the students have been studying...

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just installed a hard drive in one of the business computers I just purchased for resale.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just finished volunteering at my library. *Those ridiculously heavy reference books are killing my arms!!*
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just switched out the case fan for my desktop computer.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just finished one online course webinar, and now I'm waiting to attend my second one.  The only place I can get free wifi for now is at a nearby resort, and things were quiet and peaceful until about two minutes before class, when at least eleven tour buses stopped by.  Trying to talk on the phone in a webinar over bus hydraulics, screaming kids, half a dozen foreign languages at once, and practically getting trampled by tourists makes for a...well, interesting, class session :lol.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just finished lecturing on the sliding filament model of muscle contraction in my Human Anatomy and Physiology course.  The class seemed to understand the material well so I am quite pleased about that.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Oct 14 2013 on  06:02 PM
I just finished lecturing on the sliding filament model of muscle contraction in my Human Anatomy and Physiology course.  The class seemed to understand the material well so I am quite pleased about that.
I think I actually remember learning that in A&P :lol.  Brutal subject matter, but if you find the human body fascinating, it can be a fun subject too :p.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Oct 15 2013 on  03:59 PM

I think I actually remember learning that in A&P :lol.  Brutal subject matter, but if you find the human body fascinating, it can be a fun subject too :p.
Yes, it truly is an interesting field of study.  What I always stress to my students is that they should focus on the conceptual overview of the topic in question, before delving into details and memorization.  In the case of muscle contraction, this means that I had to tell them to ignore the book's discussion on the topic (the book reads like a stereo manual and provides no context for the subject in question) and to listen to my narrative on the topic.  I guess I will find out how well they comprehend the material in a few weeks when they have their third lecture exam.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I played with the dogs that I am watching while their owners are away for a few days; two basset hounds and I think an American pit bull terrier. The pit bull can get a bit rowdy, but he's a big softie and he loves my nephew. :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just finished with my third (squee) official workday at the child care center I now work at. There is this little love of a toddler who, everytime she sees me, gets this big smile on her face and yells, "HI!" And then, when I pick her up, she cuddles and kisses my face.

... My heart has melted so many times now, I'm surprised I still have any heart left O_o
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just finished grading the last batch of exams for my Anatomy and Physiology course.  After 4 hours of grading last night and 4 hours this morning my brain is officially mush.  Now I just have to do is have two hours of office hours and teach my two evening classes and I will be done for the day.