The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sequels Personal Ranking

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I thought I'd start this topic where we can share our own personal ranking for all current sequels.

Here's mine:

1. Journey Through the Mists
2. The Great Valley Adventure
3. The Mysterious Island
4. The Stone of Cold Fire
5. Journey to Big Water
6. The Great Longneck Migration
7. The Great Day of the Flyers
8. Journey of the Brave
9. The Time of the Great Giving
10. The Secret of Saurus Rock
11. The Big Freeze
12. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
13. The Wisdom of Friends
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Here's my list of my ranks for the sequels.  

1. The Time of The Great Giving
2. The Mysterious Island
3. Journey of the Brave
4. The Stone of Cold Fire
5. The Secret of Saurus Rock
6. The Great Valley Adventure
7. Journey Through the Mists
8. The Big Freeze
9. The Great Day of the Flyers
10. Journey to Big Water
11. The Great Longneck Migration

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'll do this once my marathon is over and I've seen JoTB.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sable

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://ravenclawdirewolf.tumblr.com
1. The Stone of Cold Fire
2. Journey Through the Mists
3. The Mysterious Island
4. The Great Valley Adventure
5. The Time of the Great Giving
6. Journey of the Brave
7. The Secret of Saurus Rock
8. Journey to Big Water
9. The Great Longneck Migration
10. The Big Freeze
11. The Great Day of the Flyers

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hmmm... Should be something like:

1. The Mysterious Island -> my all time favourite!
2. The Great Valley Adventure -> nostalgia factor is strong with this one
3. The Great Longneck Migration -> the most epic sequel of them all, for better or for worse
4. Journey of the Brave
5. The Big Freeze
6. Journey Through the Mists
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
8. The Great Day of the Flyers
9. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
10. Journey to Big Water
11. The Secret of Saurus Rock -> the western style is just ridiculous and I didn't like Doc... Like, at all
12. The Time of the Great Giving -> the most boring of them all overall
13. The Wisdom of Friends -> do I even need to comment? :D

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I actually made this list after I finished re watching all the sequels.. I don't remember why I would have ranked Wisdom of Friends so high but I trust my judgement immediately after seeing them more than how I feel now, at least a year after. I know the last 3 were ranked so low because they were most boring, to me. I have to add Big Freeze and JOTB bc they weren't on my original list.

The Mysterious Island
The Great Longneck Migration
Journey to Big Water
Journey Through the Mists
The Big Freeze
The Great Valley Adventure
Invasion of the Tinysauruses
Journey of the Brave
The Time of the Great Giving
The Wisdom of Friends
The Stone of Cold Fire
The Secret of Saurus Rock
The Great Day of the Flyers

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's good to see most of us ranked Journey of the Brave very high, let's hope its popularity is good enough to convince the studio to continue with the franchise.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I have yet to see JOTB, so it'll be excluded from the list.

1. The Great Longneck Migration
2. The Great Valley Adventure
3. The Big Freeze
4. Journey Through the Mists
5. The Great Day of the Flyers
6. Journey to Big Water
7. The Secret of Saurus Rock
8. The Mysterious Island
9. The Stone of Cold Fire
10. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
11. The Time of the Great Giving
12. The Wisdom of Friends

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. The Mysterious Island
2. Journey To Big Water
3. The Time of The Great Giving
4. Journey Through The Mists
5. Journey of the Brave
7. The Stone Of Cold Fire
8. The Big Freeze
9. The Secret of Saurus Rock
10. The Great Longneck Migration
11. The Great Day of the Flyers
12. The Invasion of the Tinysaureses

Parker

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Counting only the sequels I've seen and have clear memories of, my ranking looks like this:

1. The Stone of Cold Fire
2. Journey of the Brave
3. The Mysterious Island
4. Journey Through the Mists
5. Secret of Saurus Rock
7. The Time of the Great Giving
8. Invasion of the Tinysaureses

Out of all the sequels, I find The Stone of Cold Fire the most interesting. Mostly, I like that it gave us a compelling antagonist: Pterano, who had both a tragic back story and motives that didn't involve eating the main characters for once. Add the surreal weirdness of extraterrestrials showing up, and the movie easily takes my top spot.

Maybe it's just the movie's newness befuddling my impressions, but I actually think Journey of the Brave is my second favorite sequel. I liked its simple, but exciting adventure. I liked its songs. I liked its character interactions. Honestly, I was surprised by how good it was.

The next two sequels, The Mysterious Island and Journey Through the Mists, were both enjoyable adventures with memorable settings. My Chomper favoritism gives his movie the edge, but Journey Through the Mists featured lots of great characters too. Ali, Archie, Dil, Itchy - the list goes on. Also, am I the only one who finds the Old One unintentionally hilarious? She's like a walking stereotype of stuffy old people.

Secret of Saurus Rock would be higher on my list if it weren't for Cera's nieces, who seemingly exist only to distract us from the movie's serious moments. It's a shame, since Doc is a great, mysterious character, and the legend of The Lone Dinosaur adds a welcome layer of history to The Land Before Time's mythology.

Even though it introduces one of my favorite characters, The Great Valley Adventure is lower on my list simply because I find the others stronger. That said, it deserves credit for giving us our first prolonged look at The Great Valley. It also gets points for exciting scenes with the Sinking Sands and the erupting volcano.

In general, I don't like generic bully characters, and The Time of the Great Giving constantly shoves three of them in our faces. It makes up for it with Mr. Threehorn's strong role and the surprisingly touching "Kids Like Us" lesson. But otherwise, I find it to be one of the weaker sequels. Still, it's not as mediocre as Invasion of the Tinysaureses, which was way too silly -- even by the standards of the other sequels.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Parker,Feb 23 2016 on  03:27 PM
Out of all the sequels, I find The Stone of Cold Fire the most interesting. Mostly, I like that it gave us a compelling antagonist: Pterano, who had both a tragic back story and motives that didn't involve eating the main characters for once. Add the surreal weirdness of extraterrestrials showing up, and the movie easily takes my top spot.
I completely agree, out of all the villains the gang had to deal with throughout the series Pterano was no doubt the most interesting one. The reason why sequels like "The Big Freeze" or "Journey Through The Mists" are higher on my top favourites list than "The Stone of Cold Fire" is mostly because I'm a sucker for touching moments between the characters and their family members (like Ducky, Spike and their mom in the Freeze) and the protagonists themselves... Well that and the fact that I watched the "Journey Through The Mists" as a kid. :DD

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
1. Journey Through the Mists (I sated many time this is my top favourite sequel for many reasons. One been it has a bit of an edge to it with grandpa long neck becoming deathly ill, and I like Ali. I really wish they'd give her another BETTER appearance.)
2.  The Stone of Cold Fire (Despite some silly moments, this was one I actually enjoyed and had very few problems with like LBT 4, and was the last one I'd like for a while..)
3. Great day of the flyer. ( I really don't think it's all that bad and I like Guido, though I do wish they'd focused more on the Cera and Tricia plot. Though it was good to see Topsy fall in mud and get bossed about by Tria   )
4. The Great Valley Adventure ( Well this one kinda played a special part of my childhood as I remember getting really hyped about there been another LBT movie, plus it's Chomper's debut.)
5. The Time of the Great Giving (I enjoyed it as a kid but it's were my hate for Topsy kicked in and I'm not as fond of the songs now I'm older.)
6. The Great Longneck Migration. (I think it could have been better here and there, some of the writing was a bit poor)
7. Journey to Big Water. (Nothing special about this one, plus it has a reprise of big water one of my least favourite songs, and Littlefoot's VA is clearly starting to go though puberty.)
8. Journey of the Brave. (As I said was pretty disappointed with this one, my main problem being all the stupid cartoon sound effects that I really don't think work with LBT)  
9. The Mysterious Island (While I was happy Chomper came back, this was were the franchise started to go down hill for me, plus there's a lot of anachronistic words and references in this one, mainly in friends for dinner. And I hate how there blood in this one..)
10. Invasion of the Tinysauruses. (This one really increased my hate for Topsy, plus it wasted a good opportunity to references Cera's real mum and say what happened to her and her 3 sisters.)
11.  The Big Freeze. ( This film has probably my most hated song on par with hot and stinky... The mad song, I just found it embarrassing every time I heard it . And I hate the whole Ducky been out of character and been hard on Spike plot, that was the last thing I was expecting when I saw the film was gonna have the gang been introduced to snow. One top of that it's a pretty boring squeal and wasted the  opportunity for Spike to meet his real parents or find out what happened to them.)  
12:  The Wisdom of Friends . (Yeah I've not actually seen  LBT 13 minus a few clips, thank god! So that's while I put it before my personal least favourite sequel. But I can see why this one is soo hated. The stupid behaviour of the yellowbellies' and a fart joke..)
13.  The Secret of Saurus Rock (I've sated before in other topics. But this is my least favourite in the entire franchise! I remember seeing it for the first time as a kid and hated it. Main reason been the stupid and unholy annoying and gibberish spewing  Tricera twins who are Cera's niece and nephew even though Cera has no on screen siblings at that point. I also, like LBT 5 don't like that there's blood in this on too. And I call bull on the whole hints of Doc being the lone dinosaur, even though grandpa long neck said he was told the story when he was Littlefoot's age... What is Doc immortal or something? On top of that this was going to be the final LBT movie! What a horrible way to end the franchise that would have been. A prehistoric western!!?)

Anyway those are my ranks for the LBT sequels.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The fourteenth film has grown on me a little since I left my review of the movie.  It is my favorite of the post LBT VIII films, though I think it still had its far share of problems.  That being said, overall it was a welcome departure from the, in my opinion, general decline in quality in LBT IX through LBT XIII.

1. The Great Valley Adventure (LBT 2)
2. The Mysterious Island (LBT 5)
3. Journey Through The Mists (LBT 4)
4. The Time of The Great Giving (LBT 3)
5. The Stone Of Cold Fire (LBT 7)
6. The Big Freeze (LBT 8)
7. Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)
8. The Great Longneck Migration (LBT 10)
9. Journey To Big Water (LBT 9)
10. The Secret of Saurus Rock (LBT 6)
11. The Invasion of the Tinysaureses (LBT 11)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers (LBT 12)
13. The Wisdom of Friends (LBT 13 - I don't see this one moving any time soon  :p )

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
(Note: There will be some spoilers ahead for those who have yet to see Journey of the Brave, but also keep in mind I'm a lot different from most of the others regarding my opinions on the various sequels now that I've grown up in age. Just keep that in mind)

1. The Great Longneck Migration (Normally I'm a huge fan of Topsy, but this big of a twist regarding Littlefoot's development was simply too good to pass up considering we finally get to see who Littlefoot's dad is. Also the plot handled itself very well as to the fact Littlefoot does NOT immediately accept Bron in his life the moment he meets him the first time in his life. That's actually rather mature how they went about handling it, although Bron could've added in that he thought the Great Valley was an urban legend as to why he didn't go to the Great Valley. Not much other problems otherwise)

2. Invasion of the Tinysauruses (I LOVE the introduction of Tria here, and how her introduction continues Topsy's change as a character as a result. I'm a huge fan of Topsy here considering my childhood worship of Triceratops as a whole, so seeing Topsy get some additional development here was a huge plus. Personally I didn't expect more than Tria's introduction and her relationship with Topsy, considering that... well... it's pretty clear that both Topsy's wife and whatever few siblings Cera had are either missing outright or dead by this point)

3. The Great Day of the Flyers (I love the fact they introduce an obscure species of gliding Dinosaur here, as to showcase that, yes, Dinosaurs have feathers in some species. Nowadays pretty much all of them have feathers, but while Guido is technically not the first non-Avian Dinosaur shown in the series with feathers, he does hold the distinction of being the first in the movies. Once again, love the Topsy development here, but I have to rank this one lower because it's not as prevalent to the plot in this one. Spinosaurus also feels rather shoehorned in on this one as well)

4. The Time of the Great Giving (The first movie to develop Topsy as a character, and with the introductions of the bullies, it's ultimately TOPSY who has a role in getting the bully trio redeemed; he witnesses himself when Hyp's father shows up, using the exact same lines he did earlier with Cera, and who chews out Hyp's Dad? The big ole' Threehorn himself does. I will admit, Velociraptor in place of the usual Utahraptor feels odd considering these are by all means THE most threatening Fast Biters in the entire franchise by far.)

5. The Stone of Cold Fire (Not as much Topsy development here, but his hatred for Pterano, and what we learn of the latter further in, at least justifies some of his behavior; he's scared out of his wits of another Dinosaur doing the same mistake as Pterano did from before they arrived in the Valley. Pterano himself isn't all that bad either, and the Rainbow Face's snarky commentary to the other adults I worship mainly because they can not only put up a good argument to Topsy, but also keep him from coming up with a clever comeback at the same time! The Rainbow Faces in this movie are also an inspiration for one of the prominent, yet secret, species in Chronicles of Paleus as well!)

6. The Mysterious Island (Chomper is back, good news. Giganotosaurus as the main antagonist? Oh, boy... lemme guess he's going to face the two Tyrannosaur parents and- OH MAN THAT'S BRUTAL! Never before was I actually this impressed by the sequels for outright showcasing bloodshed when even the first movie had attempted to shy away from that! Congrats! You have my attention here, movie!)

7. Journey Through the Mists (As a kid when I saw previews for this movie on Cartoon Network, I was very confused as to why a "second Littlefoot" was present. When I actually saw the movie for myself, I had my question answered regarding Ali and then the oddball hilarity of Ichy and Dil as the two Sharpteeth for the movie. Feels rather weird seeing two Sharpteeth characters speak the same language as the other characters in all honesty, but it did feel interesting because a certain Japanese Anime Movie which I would later worship is helped because of this factor...)

8. The Great Valley Adventure (Aside from the catchy "Eggs" song, and the introduction of Chomper, I'm not letting my nostalgia blind me here; how did Chomper's Parents get into the valley at all? How did they know their egg was stolen and taken here in the first place? Why were the omnivorous Struthiomimus treated as bad guys when they need the food to eat in the first place? Why the strictly egg diet Ozzy keeps insisting on when that alone wouldn't sustain them? Why aren't the parents doing anything about the two egg thieves yet do pretty much all the work for the two Tyrannosaurus rex adults? This film just confuses me in the end, but I still like it... somewhat)

9. The Secret of Saurus Rock (Now you're probably wondering; why isn't this higher on the list due to Dinah and Dana? They're both nieces to Cera, and thus grandchildren to Topsy on a technical level, so why is this so low? Because unlike the above examples of development for Topsy... this goes absolutely nowhere and is never spoken of again. Bron himself I didn't really feel interested in... uuuntil the end in which we see him and Grandpa Longneck tag team a T. rex and Allosaurus and FINALLY have it so the adults are the one solving the crisis for once, since their battle with the two Sharpteeth net them a tooth to repair Saurus Rock with!)

10. Journey of the Brave (I was going into this movie with some rather high expectations given the leaks alone. Considering Bron went missing, I was expecting one thing and one thing only that would've skyrocketed this film to Number 1 had it occurred; for Bron to be killed off. The audacity to make that decision would've easily made this film to be my favorite of the sequels; because it just goes to show how easily any of the characters could die by doing what they do in their lives, just like how the original movie proved this. My ultimate disappointment is the fact they... don't really do anything major in this movie aside from introducing Wild Arms, who is a MUCH better designed Dinosaur than the Yellow Bellies)

11. Journey to Big Water (Liopleurodon... why do you constantly get hyped up as the biggest marine reptile predator of the Mesozoic? We ALL know that it's actually Mosasaurus who was this, and that was AGES before Jurassic World made the latter famous for it. So basically we have a rather poor attempt to create a situation where Littlefoot and the gang are interacting with sea based animals... which only makes me question just how stable the land of the Great Valley actually is, which the raising of questions but no actual answers leaves me disappointed here. As for Mo, well... he's a mixed bag. He was unique for being a marine reptile... but the good ends there. He was annoying otherwise)

12. The Big Freeze (To be honest, this was one of my favorites as a kid; not anymore. As the second worst, in my opinion, the film itself is... rather boring. It does bring up some valid questions regarding Spike's inner psych, but doesn't do much with them because it wouldn't be until the TV Series did we get to hear Spike "speak" full blown sentences. Aside from the plot with the Spiketails, this film was just incredibly boring and didn't feel very good in terms of lasting appeal. It seems to rely mostly on a gimmick, this one being snow and winter, to get viewers into it)

13. The Wisdom of Friends (**** off, Yellow Bellies, I was GLAD to write a scene where these buggers got to be killed off by mystic explosion due to Xilariz's Tek Bow arrows. I hate the Yellow Bellies for a variety of reasons, but also the fact this movie ended up using toilet humor which is a type humor I've grown to despise nowadays, mainly because it's nothing but pandering to a low, young aged audience. The Baryonyx should've at least left a mark on the entire herd and the Gang of Five, considering they had numbers on their side. What happens? The Sharpteeth are no big deal, despite having faked a death earlier in the movie, and the film doesn't end on a very climatic note either. Oh, and what I absolutely hated about the Yellow Bellies here gave me plenty of reason to bump of JotB to its spot on the list; Wild Arms)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It took me a while to figure this out, but I finally have a list!

1.   Journey of the Brave
2.   Journey through the Mists
3.   The Great Valley Adventure
4.   The Mysterious Island
5.   The Big Freeze
6.   Journey to Big Water
7.   The Great Longneck Migration
8.   The Stone of Cold Fire
9.   The Secret of Saurus Rock
10.   The Time of the Great Giving
11.   The Great Day of the Flyers
12.   Invasion of the Tinysauruses
13.   The Wisdom of Friends

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Someone must like the new movie lol
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I also considered putting it among my top three favourite sequels... But then the nostalgia kicked in. :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1: Great Longneck Migration

2: Journey Through The Mists

3: The Great Day Of The Flyers

4: The Big Freeze

5: The Mysterious Island

6: The Secret Of Saurus Rock

7: Stone Of Cold Fire

8: Journey To Big Water

9: Time Of The Great Giving

10: Invasion Of The Tinysaurs

11: Great Valley Adventure

12: Wisdom Of Friends

13: Journey Of The Brave

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1.   The Great Valley Adventure
2.   Journey through the Mists
3.   The Time of the Great Giving
4.   The Big Freeze
5.   The Great Longneck Migration
6.   Journey to Big Water
7.   The Great Day of the Flyers
8.   The Stone of Cold Fire
9.   The Secret of Saurus Rock
10.   Invasion of the Tinysauruses
11.   The Mysterious Island
12.   The Wisdom of Friends

I haven't seen Journey of the Brave yet.

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
1.  The Mysterious Island
2.  Journey through the Mists
3.  The Stone of Cold Fire
4.  The Great Longneck Migration
5.  The Big Freeze
6.  Journey of the Brave
7.  Journey to Big Water
8.  The Great Valley Adventure
9.  The Great Day of the Flyers
10. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
11. The Secret of Saurus Rock
12. The Time of the Great Giving
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo