The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Best Songs from The Land Before Time album

Stitch · 13 · 2509

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As mentioned in the JoTB thread, Back Lot music is releasing an album of songs from the sequels on January 29th.  According to ITunes, here's the track list:

1.  If We Hold on Together - Cera and Ducky

2.  The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur

3.  Today's the Day

4.  When You're On Your Own

5.  Family

6.  No One Has to Be Alone - Donny Osmond

7.  Imaginary Friend

8.  Best of Friends - Olivia Newton-John

9.  Stupid Stompers

10.  Look for the Light

11.  If We Hold on Together - Diana Ross

I know I'm buying it the day it comes out.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How the hell did Stupid stompers end up on the album? Or Imaginary Friends? I wouldn't be surprised if we get Yellow Belly Dance

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'd expect this album to have about 20 or so tracks? 11 though? Really? I'm not even sure why Stupid Stompers of all songs is on there in the first place.  <_<  However, I did expect at least one song from the new movie that no one had heard yet to be on there. Glad to see I was right.

Still, I doubt I'll be buying this one just for the cruddy excuse of a tracklist, even though I like most of the other songs on there.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
BTW Stitch, is there a link to this tracklist by any chance?

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The album is now on Amazon as well, minus the Donnie Osmond version of No One has to be Alone and the Diana Ross version of If We Hold on Together.  Here's the Link:

Best Songs from The Land Before Time

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Those are NOT the best LBT songs. I will give them props for many of those, but I think Imaginary Friend, Today's The Day, and Stupid Stompers have NO place on an album with THAT name. I would have put many more songs on there, but not those by any stretch. Where the heck are Always There, Beyond The Mysterious Beyond, How Do You Know, Big Water, Adventuring, and Things Change?! :bang  :anger  :slap

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with Littlefoot mostly but I find Today's the Day really deserving to be on that kind of album. That song has a really great idea, catchy melody and funny lyrics. It actually is one of my favorite songs in the series! :DD

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Eh, Today's the Day is fine; but, I think that Best of Friends and If We Hold On Together are the two best songs on the album.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'd never rate Today's the Day along with the best of the best but I certainly think it is one of top 10 (even close to top 5) of the songs. ;)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Oct 21 2017 on  02:09 PM
I agree with Littlefoot mostly but I find Today's the Day really deserving to be on that kind of album. That song has a really great idea, catchy melody and funny lyrics. It actually is one of my favorite songs in the series! :DD
I have nothing against Today's The Day. In fact, I really like it too. It is a fun and catchy song. I just think there are better LBT songs that didn't make the album, so I went on a bit of a rant there. I'd probably put Today's The Day in the top 15. There are actually no LBT songs that I don't like, just ones that I don't think should be on a "Best Of..." album.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I've always been so baffled by this album. :olittlefoot As others have mentioned, the song choices couldn't be more random. "Stupid Stompers" in particular is almost unquestionably one of the worst songs in the whole LBT series! I've wondered if it was originally supposed to be in the XI movie itself rather than just the end credits, and it got cut for a reason. It's just...stupid. Plus, there are times the characters sound downright off-key in it.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Probably because of nostalgia as TLBT 3 was my most watched sequel of the franchise when I was young, but it is my favorite sequel when it comes to songs. "When your big" sounded cool to me as a kid and it felt like it demonstrated Hyp and his gang's motivations while giving him a type of intimidation as rivals you want to see the gang overcome. Topps song "Standing Tough" sounded awesome to me despite some moments sounding off (Make sure we all have water "enough". That enough didn't fit with the rhythm of the voice and song, I almost missed it). I feel like if Topps ever get's a instrumental theme, it be a remix of his "Standing Tough". And the "Kids like us" song offers a good message and does a good job explaining despite being bullies, they are still kids. The song also forshadows Hyp's issues with his father, explaining that there is more to everyone than one may think.  :wise

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
For some reason, LBT III was never one of my favorite sequels, but I agree that its music was good. The 80s classic rock vibe of "Standing Tough" gets my approval for sure! :yes

I'm gonna be equally nostalgia-biased, though, and say that I always thought LBT VII had the best music. :lol Actually, though, IX and X also stand out to me for their songs--there wasn't a song in either of those movies that I didn't like. And I'm probably gonna be unpopular for this, but I even enjoyed all the songs from LBT XIII. "Say So" and "Yellow Belly Bounce" are far from being the most lyrically meaningful songs in LBT, but they're catchy as all getout! :p

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face